Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Exercise!

Post by lawgrad91 » September 19th, 2010, 10:31 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I briskly walked 4 miles at the tailgate delivering DukePA her parking pass. I'm sure I lost weight.
It might have only been 3 miles, but I had to fight my way through a stream of red...so it felt like four.
But you had 2 beers each way so any calorie-burning/weight loss was rapidly negated. :)) =))
That wasn't covered by doctor-patient privilege? Or HIPAA?
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 19th, 2010, 10:36 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I briskly walked 4 miles at the tailgate delivering DukePA her parking pass. I'm sure I lost weight.
It might have only been 3 miles, but I had to fight my way through a stream of red...so it felt like four.
But you had 2 beers each way so any calorie-burning/weight loss was rapidly negated. :)) =))
That wasn't covered by doctor-patient privilege? Or HIPAA?
Nope. We're all imaginary friends here with weird names. Who would believe us? 8-| :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 19th, 2010, 10:40 pm

devildeac wrote:
I wish! I don't think all of the sherriff's deputies I had to walk past would have been too happy with me though.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 19th, 2010, 10:42 pm

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:That wasn't covered by doctor-patient privilege? Or HIPAA?
Nope. We're all imaginary friends here with weird names. Who would believe us? 8-| :)) =))
I'm not really a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night....
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 20th, 2010, 9:36 pm

I'm still sore as heck from yesterday's workout, so I had to take it a bit easy today. Did my usual walking plus a game of Wii tennis, several minutes of Just Dance (which is growing on me), and about 15 min of Cardio Workout.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 20th, 2010, 10:09 pm

About 25 minutes of Cardio Workout, and 25 minutes of Wii tennis. Right now the pedometer is at 6196 (I don't wear it when I exercise). It won't go up much before bedtime.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 24th, 2010, 10:22 pm

I've hit my target every day this week except Tuesday (hit just below). Today I did an intense 40+min of cardio dance.

Noticed at Target last weekend that there's a new Wii yoga game. However, it has some celebrity's name attached to it. Given my experience with Daisy Fuentes Pilates, I'm a bit hesitant to buy it. Will have to look for reviews online.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 24th, 2010, 10:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I've hit my target every day this week except Tuesday (hit just below). Today I did an intense 40+min of cardio dance.

Noticed at Target last weekend that there's a new Wii yoga game. However, it has some celebrity's name attached to it. Given my experience with Daisy Fuentes Pilates, I'm a bit hesitant to buy it. Will have to look for reviews online.
You rule! ^:)^ ^:)^

I was a slug today. I intended to mow the back yard, but getting a haircut and going to the grocery store put me too late to get it done before dark. Yesterday I got the front mowed. It took just under an hour.

Any early reviews on the new Sony PS Move? Bruce wants a system with better graphics so he can play shoot-em-up games and World Cup soccer, and I'm wondering if the Move is any good so maybe "he" could get it for Christmas.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » September 24th, 2010, 11:08 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Any early reviews on the new Sony PS Move? Bruce wants a system with better graphics so he can play shoot-em-up games and World Cup soccer, and I'm wondering if the Move is any good so maybe "he" could get it for Christmas.
Coming in November: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect

:D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 25th, 2010, 9:03 pm

For all interested parties, I looked up reviews for the new Wii Yoga. They're quite bad. Several people wanted to give it zero stars, in fact.

Came home from work today with only half of my six dots, so I had to go hard core. I did my 30+ min workout with EA Sports Active (obstacle course, island outrun, reverse crunches, step aerobics, and squash (both left and right hands). That got me two dots. I played a game of tennis; that didn't do it. It took 3 songs on Just Dance to get me to my target for the day. Roughly an hour of exercise. Exercise calorie targets increase weekly, so it's getting a bit more challenging to get it all in. It's crazy how hard it is to get that last dot. I had to burn just shy of 360 calories in the last two hours to do it. Running would get me there faster. At some point I will have to bite the bullet and take up running.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 25th, 2010, 9:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:For all interested parties, I looked up reviews for the new Wii Yoga. They're quite bad. Several people wanted to give it zero stars, in fact.

Came home from work today with only half of my six dots, so I had to go hard core. I did my 30+ min workout with EA Sports Active (obstacle course, island outrun, reverse crunches, step aerobics, and squash (both left and right hands). That got me two dots. I played a game of tennis; that didn't do it. It took 3 songs on Just Dance to get me to my target for the day. Roughly an hour of exercise. Exercise calorie targets increase weekly, so it's getting a bit more challenging to get it all in. It's crazy how hard it is to get that last dot. I had to burn just shy of 360 calories in the last two hours to do it. Running would get me there faster. At some point I will have to bite the bullet and take up running.
You are really going hardcore! Way to go! :clap: ^:)^

Thanks for the word on Wii Yoga. Will give it a wide berth.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 26th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Got in another 10 hr work day. Fortunately I took a break for a walk in the middle of the afternoon, so I had 4/6 dots when I got home around 9. Did an hour of Cardio Dance and reached my goal for the day.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 27th, 2010, 8:55 am

45 minute walk in the AM, 2 hours of yard work in the afternoon and almost 2.5 hours of dancing last PM. We are trying to talk Ima and the OP into joining us at the Grove Park Inn for Big Band Weekend in January. ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 27th, 2010, 8:49 pm

45 minutes on the Cardio Workout, so far. B hasn't made it home yet and I'm really bored (the Packers-Bears game just isn't doing it for me), so I may do a little more. After all I ate last night (see my mobile pix on FB; bone-in ribeye and chocolate lava cake), I haven't had the nerve to get on the scales.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 28th, 2010, 10:02 pm

Cardio Workout wanted me to jump rope (!) tonight. I can't jump rope with a real jump rope, much less a virtual one, and the pounding hurts my knees. X( :livid:

I played 35 minutes of Wii tennis and did 3 sets of 15, squats to overhead press. Merlin and I went up to the top of the hill to visit his girlfriend Red Dog also.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 28th, 2010, 10:11 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Cardio Workout wanted me to jump rope (!) tonight. I can't jump rope with a real jump rope, much less a virtual one, and the pounding hurts my knees. X( :livid:

I played 35 minutes of Wii tennis and did 3 sets of 15, squats to overhead press. Merlin and I went up to the top of the hill to visit his girlfriend Red Dog also.
I'm better with a real jump rope than with a virtual one.

Got my exercise in today with lots of walking. Had to go to Target to get groceries after a small detour by Ted Drewe's to get a pumpkin pie concrete.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 29th, 2010, 9:27 pm

Lots of walking today - went to the Gateway Arch grounds and took a riverboat cruise. Pictures to come. Got home and did one of the workouts on EA Sports More Workouts. Went with workout 1, medium intensity. Kicked my butt. 120x jumping rope, 2X. 30 squats to knee lifts, twice. Island obstacle course after one of the jump rope sessions (stride jumps! I hate them!), immediately before 2nd rep of squats/knee lifts.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 29th, 2010, 9:46 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Lots of walking today - went to the Gateway Arch grounds and took a riverboat cruise. Pictures to come. Got home and did one of the workouts on EA Sports More Workouts. Went with workout 1, medium intensity. Kicked my butt. 120x jumping rope, 2X. 30 squats to knee lifts, twice. Island obstacle course after one of the jump rope sessions (stride jumps! I hate them!), immediately before 2nd rep of squats/knee lifts.
You're my hero! ^:)^

Weather here has been miserable today, so I didn't even get out this morning to walk the puppies. And while I was at work today, B texted me with the information that the stepdaughter and her boyfriend will be here Friday evening ~X( , so tonight's exercise has been chasing the :chores-vacuum: straightening up the living room, freshening up the spare bedroom, cleaning the kitchen, trying to clean the dining table, putting all of B's books and assorted junk away, etc., etc., etc. B fixed supper and promised he would mop the kitchen floor tomorrow night.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 2nd, 2010, 10:37 pm

Just finished the workout from hell on Cardio Dance. It was almost an hour long and pretty intense. The personal trainer has ramped me up to a couple of the advanced dances now. (is there a huffing, puffing, and dripping with sweat smilie?) Cardio Dance is easily the best of the workout games IMO.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 2nd, 2010, 10:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just finished the workout from hell on Cardio Dance. It was almost an hour long and pretty intense. The personal trainer has ramped me up to a couple of the advanced dances now. (is there a huffing, puffing, and dripping with sweat smilie?) Cardio Dance is easily the best of the workout games IMO.
There's a ^:)^ smilie. I'm way impressed!

B took off; the four of us (dau of B, boyfriend of dau of B) went to Stone Mountain State Park in Bugtussle, NC. All of their walking trails are marked "moderate" or "strenuous." We walked down to the bottom of the falls, and back up. No idea how far that was, but the pedometer is at 12,000. I needed a huffing and puffing smilie coming back up the steps; at one point I stopped and checked my pulse, and it was 176.

I'm gonna ask for Cardio Dance for Christmas. I'd buy it myself, but I'm hard to buy for, and that'll help whatever random member of my family gets my name in the draw.
Iron Duke #1471997.