LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » May 16th, 2009, 9:14 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Sue71 wrote:Ok so injured foot still not great...sneakers hurt it :( . But put a deposit on a new apartment in Padadena :) .
Congrats on the new place, Sue! Is Padadena anywhere near Pasadena? :? :-B

Vibes on packing. I'm telepathically sending you boxes and helping fill them. :)
I was late and you beet me to it! :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 16th, 2009, 9:56 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Sue71 wrote:Ok so injured foot still not great...sneakers hurt it :( . But put a deposit on a new apartment in Padadena :) .

Vibes on packing. I'm telepathically sending you boxes and helping fill them. :)
It's near my fracking iPhone non keypad.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » May 16th, 2009, 11:06 pm

I had to sit in uncomfortable conference room chairs all day yesterday - 8AM-5PM. I have a bad back already. Today, I could barely pick up a full bag of groceries. :((

Can I claim workman's comp for this? :?

Thank goodness for leftover Honduran muscle relaxants. (Good thing I didn't send my stash on to EarlJam! :)) )
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 16th, 2009, 11:28 pm

More vibes to your foot! Congrats on the apartment! When do you move and how long is your lease?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 16th, 2009, 11:36 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I had to sit in uncomfortable conference room chairs all day yesterday - 8AM-5PM. I have a bad back already. Today, I could barely pick up a full bag of groceries. :((

Thank goodness for leftover Honduran muscle relaxants. (Good thing I didn't send my stash on to EarlJam! :)) )
Uhhhh it's Saturday...
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 16th, 2009, 11:44 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
More vibes to your foot! Congrats on the apartment! When do you move and how long is your lease?
Not 100% sure yet that I'm taking it but the REFUNDABLE deposit is down (I have til Tues).

If/when (???) I move, it'll be in mid-June. I can go any time from 6/12-6/26... I tentatively gave them 6/20 and will eventually have to nail down a date but for now that's what I'm looking at. I wanted 1-2 weeks of overlap so I don't have to move all in one day. The double rent during that time should be fun. Not.

Anyhoo, I'm seeing one more place tomorrow- a friend of a friend's condo. It seems really really nice and it's in a great residential neighborhood, but it's 1) $200/mo. more than the place I put the deposit on & 2) has an offer on it already (it's for sale/rent... whichever comes first I guess).

I <3 Pasadena. I'm not loving the idea of actually having a commute but I knew I'd have to make a trade to get to an area I like. On the upside, the new place is >$200 less/mo. so that makes it a little easier to stomach (plus I really like the apartment & complex & area :D ). And, friends who used to live in Pasadena gave the new place (well the area it's in) thumbs up. :-bd
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 16th, 2009, 11:47 pm

Sue71 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Not 100% sure yet that I'm taking it but the REFUNDABLE deposit is down (I have til Tues).

If/when (???) I move, it'll be in mid-June. I can go any time from 6/12-6/26... I tentatively gave them 6/20 and will eventually have to nail down a date but for now that's what I'm looking at. I wanted 1-2 weeks of overlap so I don't have to move all in one day. The double rent during that time should be fun. Not.

Anyhoo, I'm seeing one more place tomorrow- a friend of a friend's condo. It seems really really nice and it's in a great residential neighborhood, but it's 1) $200/mo. more than the place I put the deposit on & 2) has an offer on it already (it's for sale/rent... whichever comes first I guess).

I <3 Pasadena. I'm not loving the idea of actually having a commute but I knew I'd have to make a trade to get to an area I like. On the upside, the new place is >$200 less/mo. so that makes it a little easier to stomach (plus I really like the apartment & complex & area :D ). And, friends who used to live in Pasadena gave the new place (well the area it's in) thumbs up. :-bd
So does this mean moving back east this year is out of the picture? :cry:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 16th, 2009, 11:48 pm

Also, about the foot... BandAid now makes blister bandaids. They are padded and somehow breatheable and you're not supposed to use ointments or creams with them. And they're supposed to last 7 days before you have to change them. Hey, it's worth a shot.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 12:56 am

I love fresh strawberries in season.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 1:32 am

Ok, I'm going to sign off & hack off my nails. Literally. They're claws right now and 2 broke/tore today because they're so freaking long. Typing is becoming a problem. Well it has been for a few weeks but I've been putting it off... and to think I bit my nails until they bled when I was a kid. Now you can't get me to cut them. :-??

I make a mess out of my cuticles, though. L-)

Then it's bedtime. Where's the sleeping smilie? (-| i-)
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » May 17th, 2009, 2:03 am

Sue71 wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:I had to sit in uncomfortable conference room chairs all day yesterday - 8AM-5PM. I have a bad back already. Today, I could barely pick up a full bag of groceries. :((

Uhhhh it's Saturday...
Yup - one day of mistreating the back means it hates me the next day. Or rather, for the rest of the week. Anyone else have a bad/finicky back here?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 9:13 am

This is the 6000th post on CrazieTalk.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 17th, 2009, 9:53 am

Sue71 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

It's near my fracking iPhone non keypad.
Heck, I've been known to make typos like that on my regular keyboard! The new place sounds great.

Speaking of iPhone, I really covet the iPhone and would love to get one to replace my Samsung BlackJack II. What's your overall impression of the iPhone?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 17th, 2009, 10:44 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:This is the 6000th post on CrazieTalk.
Complaint: Why are our post counts so low? :roll: :lol:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 10:51 am

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:This is the 6000th post on CrazieTalk.
Complaint: Why are our post counts so low? :roll: :lol:
Averaging 167 posts per day. Hmmm, step it up people!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 12:41 pm

iPhone: Really like it. I tend to have pretty gosh darn long nails and seem to manage. It was between the iPhone and the BB Bold for me. I really really liked the Bold (and the "keyboard"!) however given that they were the same price, I decided to go with the phone with more features. Email isn't a priority for me (I can get it on the iPhone whenever I want but I don't need to get work email the second it comes in, though I can get pretty darn close on the iPhone if I want to), so the keyboard lost out. Plus, the iPhone has a true web browser (not the BB version of the internet), and though BB is now letting developers do something akin to Apple's App Store, the Apple version wins hands down.

My main concern was how it would be as a phone since I don't have a landline. No complaints. :) I also dig that I've watched movies on it while flying (no, I wasn't the pilot, hahahaha =)) ). I still have my old iPod, which I could see using if I ever started, ahem, working out again because it's so small in comparison. But I have what seems like everything on the iPhone- pictures (all of them from my computer), everything from iTunes (movies, music, etc), my Apps, it's a phone, etc etc etc. And I really dig the way that voicemail works on the iPhone.

HOWEVER, if you decide to get one, I'd wait til late summer/early fall. Miles, if you're reading, chime in here... supposedly there's a new version of the iPhone coming out. I don't think it's really the physical machine itself, but some really cool software changes (yes there are some drawbacks to the iPhone, and they're being addressed in the new software. :-bd ) As I understand it, my phone will automatically download and update itself, but according to Miles, it's better to wait and go new. :-??
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2009, 12:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Foot cramps are the worst.
For a guy.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Sue! I <3 Pasadena, too!

We could celebrate the week between Christmas and New Year's at your place and decorate a float for the Rose Bowl Parade! What kind of flower petals would we use to decorate a Blue Devil float?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 17th, 2009, 12:54 pm

Sue71 wrote:
iPhone: Really like it. I tend to have pretty gosh darn long nails and seem to manage. It was between the iPhone and the BB Bold for me. I really really liked the Bold (and the "keyboard"!) however given that they were the same price, I decided to go with the phone with more features. Email isn't a priority for me (I can get it on the iPhone whenever I want but I don't need to get work email the second it comes in, though I can get pretty darn close on the iPhone if I want to), so the keyboard lost out. Plus, the iPhone has a true web browser (not the BB version of the internet), and though BB is now letting developers do something akin to Apple's App Store, the Apple version wins hands down.

My main concern was how it would be as a phone since I don't have a landline. No complaints. :) I also dig that I've watched movies on it while flying (no, I wasn't the pilot, hahahaha =)) ). I still have my old iPod, which I could see using if I ever started, ahem, working out again because it's so small in comparison. But I have what seems like everything on the iPhone- pictures (all of them from my computer), everything from iTunes (movies, music, etc), my Apps, it's a phone, etc etc etc. And I really dig the way that voicemail works on the iPhone.

HOWEVER, if you decide to get one, I'd wait til late summer/early fall. Miles, if you're reading, chime in here... supposedly there's a new version of the iPhone coming out. I don't think it's really the physical machine itself, but some really cool software changes (yes there are some drawbacks to the iPhone, and they're being addressed in the new software. :-bd ) As I understand it, my phone will automatically download and update itself, but according to Miles, it's better to wait and go new. :-??

As cool as the iPhone sounds I just cannot bring myself to ever buy one. When I get a new phone in the fall, I'll grab a BB. Then again, I do live in Waterloo Ontario - RIM buildings are everywhere around here and their head office is three blocks from my house. Plus, Lazardis was attending my undergrad institution (the University of Waterloo) when he started RIM. So for me it's a local bias thing that prevents me from ever owning an iPhone.

As cool as the iPhone sounds I just cannot bring myself to ever buy one. When I get a new phone in the fall, I'll grab a BB. Then again, I do live in Waterloo Ontario - RIM buildings are everywhere around here and their head office is three blocks from my house. Plus, Lazardis was attending my undergrad institution (the University of Waterloo) when he started RIM. So for me it's a local bias thing that prevents me from ever owning an iPhone.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 1:11 pm

CathyCA wrote:Sue! I <3 Pasadena, too!

We could celebrate the week between Christmas and New Year's at your place and decorate a float for the Rose Bowl Parade! What kind of flower petals would we use to decorate a Blue Devil float?
My complex is ON Colorado (it takes up about an entire block), though my place is on the side street, and an interior courtyard at that (phew).