Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » October 26th, 2009, 5:58 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:ILJ complained that the bagels I brought back from NY tasted too much like rolls. WELL, compared to Panera Asiago alleged bagels, YES THEY DO!!
X(
Ugh! We will have a fight over this one. :-*
I like the "alleged" bagels from Panera. Maybe I just don't know any better?
You don't know any better. Sorry, but it's the truth! :)
No problem, Ozzie. As a Southern Belle, I would guess that I have not had the opportunity to partake of genuine bagels like they have in Yankee-land. Always liked the bagels from Bruegger's (sp?). We have Einstein bagels around here. Are they any better than Panera's in terms of being more authentic?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 5:59 pm

devildeac wrote:< 700...

We have to keep in mind that the main page only shows the number of replies to the thread so we have to add one extra post (the original one) when we are getting close so that we know exactly when we have surpassed LTE 1.0. Speaking of that event, we should start a pool on who will be the one to do it. Or should we bequeath the honour to someone specific?

ETA: Anyone wanna check to see how many posts we've added to this thread today?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 26th, 2009, 6:01 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I've always had allergies - seasonal (grasses, trees, weeds), mold, animal dander. I've never been diagnosed with asthma. It sounds like old age is catching up to me. I've always tended to just take a claritin or zyrtec or something when my nose is drippy. This wheezing heavy chest and cough is pretty new to me.
I was borderline at my allergist visit a year ago. I really should schedule a follow-up; I have some of the same symptoms that you're describing. My bronchial tubes feel swollen and irritated. It's a very strange feeling.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 26th, 2009, 6:02 pm

colchar wrote:

We have to keep in mind that the main page only shows the number of replies to the thread so we have to add one extra post (the original one) when we are getting close so that we know exactly when we have surpassed LTE 1.0. Speaking of that event, we should start a pool on who will be the one to do it. Or should we bequeath the honour to someone specific?

I don't know, but I had to read about 7 pages of posts just to get caught up. I came home to work, too. Guess how that's going...
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 26th, 2009, 6:05 pm

I left work early today because a collaborator has been bugging me all day. It's one of those people who has to be spoon-fed and led through every step of data analysis. It's hard to get any work done when you're answering the same question that you've answered 700 times before. X(
The LTE has proven to be a great diversion, but I'm going to finish up what I'm supposed to be working on. Hopefully I won't need to read another 7 pages of posts when I come back!
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 6:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Hopefully I won't need to read another 7 pages of posts when I come back!

That's like a red flag to a bull my friend ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 26th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Seems there has been an hour long break...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 7:42 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Seems there has been an hour long break...

Well that won't get us anywhere. I am back from dinner - fat dumb and happy
Last edited by windsor on October 26th, 2009, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 26th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Turns out that my wife's plain bagels were NOWHERE near as good as my pumpernickel sesame ones. Completely different texture and consistency. I rate them as low as Thomas'; my wife rates them lower, because at least Thomas' fit in the toaster.

However, the flavored bagels are all pretty good. The plain bagels are just not that good.

SO... no fight. ILJ is right on this one. :ymapplause:

If only she liked garlic bagels.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 26th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Wow... a NASCAR race sans comment from Ymo. What is this world coming to?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 26th, 2009, 7:47 pm

colchar wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Hopefully I won't need to read another 7 pages of posts when I come back!

That's like a red flag to a bull my friend ;)
Posting time!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Lavabe wrote:Turns out that my wife's plain bagels were NOWHERE near as good as my pumpernickel sesame ones. Completely different texture and consistency. I rate them as low as Thomas'; my wife rates them lower, because at least Thomas' fit in the toaster.

However, the flavored bagels are all pretty good. The plain bagels are just not that good.

SO... no fight. ILJ is right on this one. :ymapplause:

If only she liked garlic bagels.

Thomas' does not make bagels. They make heavy donuts that can be toasted. It is shame hers weren't any good - a top notch bagel is a thing of beauty
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 26th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Fortunately, no baseball tonight. (-|
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 26th, 2009, 7:50 pm

Lavabe wrote:Wow... a NASCAR race sans comment from Ymo. What is this world coming to?
I've kinda lost interest and have been very busy the last few days. Also, headed out on a road trip. Although that didn't impact your posting.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 7:52 pm

colchar wrote:

Last time (09/09) we had a nominee to make the honored post - this time round we could just let them roll (and the Over Yonder LTE is a moving target)

My bet is on DD (shear volume of posts make him a safe bet)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 26th, 2009, 7:52 pm

windsor wrote:Thomas' does not make bagels. They make heavy donuts that can be toasted. It is shame hers weren't any good - a top notch bagel is a thing of beauty
ILJ is trying to parlay this miserable experience into getting a toaster oven.

She makes some sense.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 26th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Lavabe wrote:
windsor wrote:Thomas' does not make bagels. They make heavy donuts that can be toasted. It is shame hers weren't any good - a top notch bagel is a thing of beauty

She makes some sense.
I have a toaster oven...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 26th, 2009, 7:54 pm

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:

Last time (09/09) we had a nominee to make the honored post - this time round we could just let them roll (and the Over Yonder LTE is a moving target)

My bet is on DD (shear volume of posts make him a safe bet)
I believe BD was already nominated for that honor (that was some 350 posts ago).
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Lavabe wrote:

She makes some sense.
I love my toaster oven.

It comes in very handy.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 26th, 2009, 7:54 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I have a toaster oven...
Is it worth it?