LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 3:42 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I bought the Big Hardee at Hardee's today (duh), it's their answer to the Big Mac..more of everything and cheaper. More of everything except for taste...Big Mac wins.
I had one to try and thought the meat was much better, and liked the taste overall. But nothing beats Big Mac sauce!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 3:47 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
You need to order the pie FIRST silly!
Oh! It's an appetizer and not a desert. Now I understand! B-)

Rookie mistake...
Um, no. When I was a teenager, the club we belonged to had a weekly mid-week "grand buffet". I'd start with 2 or 3 slices of prime rib, have desert, another slice of prime rib (it was REALLY REALLY good!) and then have some salad or side dishes if I felt like it, just to "cleanse the pallet". :D When it comes to attacking a buffet to maximize MY satisfaction, I'm a pro. :D B-)

What kind of teenage club did THAT kind of eating?
My parents country club, where our house was built next to one of the two golf courses and was down the street from the clubhouse. The Woodlands in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. (not to be confused with the Woodlands CC in Texas, where the PGA tour goes every year.)

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 3:50 pm

I tried Shoney's breakfast buffet once in High School, when I was down in Collier Co. Florida visiting my parents. I was ralphing for the next 24 hrs. I've never gone back to a Shoney's.
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 3:51 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Um, no. When I was a teenager, the club we belonged to had a weekly mid-week "grand buffet". I'd start with 2 or 3 slices of prime rib, have desert, another slice of prime rib (it was REALLY REALLY good!) and then have some salad or side dishes if I felt like it, just to "cleanse the pallet". :D When it comes to attacking a buffet to maximize MY satisfaction, I'm a pro. :D B-)
What kind of teenage club did THAT kind of eating?
A number of possibilities:

1. Junior Weight Watchers
2. Future Lardasses of America
3. The OL Club of Pinecrest HS
4. The See Food Club of Coastal Florida
Back off, heartboy! Enough already! =))

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 4:03 pm

windsor wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:I'm too cheap to get a UPS.
Shame on you. [-x I have 4. (both my DVRs have them - becasue those suckers take forver to come back online if the power flickers...given the number of thunderstorms we get in FL in the summer...it was a real pain untile we got them) My desktops/cable modem/routers/are all on UPSs) wish I could get my microwave on one...not for the microwave part for the damn clock. It flashes 'set time' when there is the littlest fluctuation in power...and it is pain to reset. The damn thing won't work until you do. ~x(
As someone who sells UPSs, bless you!

I too have 4 UPSs. A new larger one on my desktop computer and accessories, like the cable modem, router, etc., one on my wife's desktop, my HD TV and accessories, and one for my older Sony XBR TV.

DukeUsul, get a ~350 VA "APC" brand unit when Office Max (or similar) puts it on sale for around $40. It will not only keep your junk up =)) =)) =)) but it will offer some protection from lightning and other transients. It is well worth the investment. Larger units will give you more battery time and you can put more stuff on them, but 350 VA is fine for a desktop computer and up to a 19" CRT monitor (LCD monitors take less power, so you'll have more battery support time).

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 4:05 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
windsor wrote:
Shame on you. [-x I have 4. (both my DVRs have them - becasue those suckers take forver to come back online if the power flickers...given the number of thunderstorms we get in FL in the summer...it was a real pain untile we got them) My desktops/cable modem/routers/are all on UPSs) wish I could get my microwave on one...not for the microwave part for the damn clock. It flashes 'set time' when there is the littlest fluctuation in power...and it is pain to reset. The damn thing won't work until you do. ~x(
I wish I knew an expert who could consult on my power fluctuation needs......
You called? See my post above...

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 4:06 pm

windsor wrote:
windsor wrote:
I wish I knew an expert who could consult on my power fluctuation needs......

Look for someone who can pass the elbow test.
Windsor, now you're calling me! :D

DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 4:07 pm

Proventil (albuterol) does in fact taste a bit gross. Just a bit. It's kind of like the aftertaste of cheap Canadian whisky.
-- DukeUsul
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 4:10 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Proventil (albuterol) does in fact taste a bit gross. Just a bit. It's kind of like the aftertaste of cheap Canadian whisky.

If it bothers you AND the inhalers become a permanent fixture try ventolin - it doesn't have the same taste at all.

Fortunately the taste doesn't linger.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 4:11 pm

Nah, I'll just chase it with some GOOD whisky. :D
-- DukeUsul
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 4:12 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Nah, I'll just chase it with some GOOD whisky. :D

Excellent plan!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 4:17 pm

I'm heading home, and will take WindsorsDaughter to dinner for her birthday...keep those posts coming while I'm gone...I think we're about 735 behind (BD keeps running up the post count over there :D )
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 4:21 pm

DukeUsul wrote:The worst part is that some of these drugs have modes of entry I'm unaccustomed to. I've never taken a nasal spray or inhalant med before.

There are worse modes of entry. Trust me.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 4:22 pm

windsor wrote:

7 of 9 would pass the elbow test

With honours. And I'd love to see her take it...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 4:23 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Lorne Green and my dad were friends/classmates growing up in Toronto.

Ozzie, I had forgotten that your Dad grew up in T.O. Did you ever visit? And do you have any idea where he grew up?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 4:25 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: It will not only keep your junk up =)) =)) =)) but it will offer some protection from . . . other transients.

Dude, do you know something the rest of us don't about him getting transients on his junk and thus needing to protect himself from them? Inquiring minds want to know...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 4:27 pm

windsor wrote:I'm heading home, and will take WindsorsDaughter to dinner for her birthday
Tell her to log on and help us PW our way through the night.
keep those posts coming while I'm gone
Don't worry, we will.
I think we're about 735 behind (BD keeps running up the post count over there :D )

Damned BD...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 4:33 pm

colchar wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:The worst part is that some of these drugs have modes of entry I'm unaccustomed to. I've never taken a nasal spray or inhalant med before.

There are worse modes of entry. Trust me.
Thanks for taking care of that one. I lobbed a softball over the plate and you just knocked it right out of the park.
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 4:47 pm

colchar wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Lorne Green and my dad were friends/classmates growing up in Toronto.

Ozzie, I had forgotten that your Dad grew up in T.O. Did you ever visit? And do you have any idea where he grew up?
We used to go up there when I was a kid, every year for Passover. Haven't been since we moved to Ft. Lauderdale when I was 16 (1970). We used to ride the trolleys and go 5-pin bowling. I know that Bluer and Dundas are street names, and that only Bluer had double trolleys. My first NHL game was a Maple Leafs game; I think I was about 10.

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 26th, 2009, 4:53 pm

devildeac wrote: Try making chicken salad without it. Then you'd be in a really fowl mood. :roll: :)) =))
Not to mention tuna salad, tartar sauce, thousand island dressing, russian dressing, McDonald's "special sauce" ;) , egg salad, and :ymdevil: eggs! ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage