LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 2:52 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Does ANYONE have a good eggplant recipe?
I do. I posted it over in the Recipes thread.

But to save you the trouble of looking over there, and to add another post to the count:

This is CathyCA's eggplant recipe:

This is my hint to post the recipe?

I sliced some eggplant and dredged the slices in Italian salad dressing.
I grilled the eggplant slices until they were done.
I placed the eggplant slices in a casserole dish, covered them with a zesty marinara sauce, layered more eggplant slices, more marinara sauce, etc.,
I topped the eggplant and marinara with mozzarella cheese slices.
I baked the casserole at 350 degrees until the mozzarella slices turned bubbly and brown.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 2:53 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Apparently reflux can exacerbate asthma symptoms, so I've been told to get my acid under control.

That makes more sense.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 26th, 2009, 2:53 pm

colchar wrote:
windsor wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Who knew being able to say fuck would lead to this?
proving that without moderation things run amuck...amuckI tell you!

Foul language
shameless PWing
Conversations about :pokeball: :pokeball:
and Elbow tests

Oh the horror of it all!! x_x

It took all the self control I could muster not to make any dirty comments during the elbow test conversation. I'm really impressed that I managed to hold it together.
You would have laughed at the elbow testing conducted at All-Day-Long-Gate on Saturday.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 2:54 pm

windsor wrote:But to save you the trouble of looking over there, and to add another post to the count:

This is CathyCA's eggplant recipe:

This is my hint to post the recipe?

I sliced some eggplant and dredged the slices in Italian salad dressing.
I grilled the eggplant slices until they were done.
I placed the eggplant slices in a casserole dish, covered them with a zesty marinara sauce, layered more eggplant slices, more marinara sauce, etc.,
I topped the eggplant and marinara with mozzarella cheese slices.
I baked the casserole at 350 degrees until the mozzarella slices turned bubbly and brown.
...and now that I have read it that sounds REALLY GOOD. I will have to give it a try. Yum.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » October 26th, 2009, 2:54 pm

devildeac wrote:
Turk wrote: Cancelling myself out!! I'm feeling less than inspired. If I were a Dilbert character today, I would be Wally... :D

(heads toward restroom to avoid Windsor's fist of wrath...)
We still love ya, man. Hey, how about talking about cheesesteaks? ;) :D
Funny, this part of the burbs is relatively poor in cheesesteak quality compared to other places I've worked around town. Like BBQ, there is often an inverse relationship between neighborhood income demographics and quality of the steak shops.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 2:55 pm

CathyCA wrote: You would have laughed at the elbow testing conducted at All-Day-Long-Gate on Saturday.
=)) =)) =))

Wish I could have seen it...now I hesitate to ask this but...guys or girls...and when and where will the test results be published?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 2:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:

It took all the self control I could muster not to make any dirty comments during the elbow test conversation. I'm really impressed that I managed to hold it together.
You would have laughed at the elbow testing conducted at All-Day-Long-Gate on Saturday.[/quote]

By the girls or the guys? If the guys, I don't even want to know about what went on - or who won ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 2:57 pm

Turk wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Turk wrote: Cancelling myself out!! I'm feeling less than inspired. If I were a Dilbert character today, I would be Wally... :D

(heads toward restroom to avoid Windsor's fist of wrath...)
We still love ya, man. Hey, how about talking about cheesesteaks? ;) :D
Funny, this part of the burbs is relatively poor in cheesesteak quality compared to other places I've worked around town. Like BBQ, there is often an inverse relationship between neighborhood income demographics and quality of the steak shops.

I love a good cheesteak. Like BBQ, many try but few succeed in making a quality product.

There is a little whole in the wall place near me called "cheesesteaks". Excellent. Plus - they deliver.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 26th, 2009, 2:58 pm

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote: Oh my gosh. I've been the punchline to that story so many time. I'm glad I can laugh at myself. =))

I don't mind being the punch line...I just don't to be the punchline at my daughters wedding. :))

Add to that I get wicked horrible hangovers if I over indulge even a littel bit and my "I was so drunk that..." days are behind me.
I drink beer rather than wine. I'd rather get full before I get stupid. Wine hangovers suck, and I can get a wine hangover from just a glass of wine.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 2:58 pm

colchar wrote: By the girls or the guys? If the guys, I don't even want to know about what went on - or who won ;)

I do...especially if was the guys... x_x
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 26th, 2009, 3:00 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Now taking more drugs at once than I ever have (I'm in the tough it out and bitch and whine until I'm forced to take drugs kinda guy).
Oh my goodness! Were you feeling poorly on Saturday? If so, you weren't showing it.

Feel better soon!

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 3:02 pm

CathyCA wrote: I drink beer rather than wine. I'd rather get full before I get stupid. Wine hangovers suck, and I can get a wine hangover from just a glass of wine.
I like single malt scotch - and that generally is not a 'get loaded' kind of drink....wine...Cabs all the way...whites give me a screamin' headache.

Scotch does not usually give me a hangover (probably becasue there is no 'mixer' involved), but I absolutely can NOT MIX. :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: Beer to liquor, liquor to beer...doesn't matter...I mix and I am driving the porcelain bus.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 26th, 2009, 3:04 pm

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote: You would have laughed at the elbow testing conducted at All-Day-Long-Gate on Saturday.
=)) =)) =))

Wish I could have seen it...now I hesitate to ask this but...guys or girls...and when and where will the test results be published?
Well, the girls were showing the guys how to do it. At least two of the guys.

As far as results go, I'll relate mine. Similarly to the results I experienced in 5th grade, my elbows still hit the wall before any other body parts.

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 3:05 pm

CathyCA wrote:
windsor wrote:
=)) =)) =))

Well, the girls were showing the guys how to do it. At least two of the guys.

As far as results go, I'll relate mine. Similarly to the results I experienced in 5th grade, my elbows still hit the wall before any other body parts.
and did they request a demo of the pencil test as well?
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 3:07 pm

Ugh. Power just blipped out. Took forever for the damn router to come back up.
-- DukeUsul
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 3:08 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Ugh. Power just blipped out. Took forever for the damn router to come back up.

UPS
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 3:08 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Now taking more drugs at once than I ever have (I'm in the tough it out and bitch and whine until I'm forced to take drugs kinda guy).
Oh my goodness! Were you feeling poorly on Saturday? If so, you weren't showing it.

Feel better soon!
Thanks! With this weird asthma thing, I typically feel pretty good all day. But around 8pm - BAM! - I can't breathe. It's been going on for the last 2-3 weeks. Last night was the worst. Got seriously winded just going up/down the stairs. Seriously considered going to the ER at 12:30am while I lay awake, unable to sleep b/c of the effort it took to breathe.
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 26th, 2009, 3:09 pm

windsor wrote:

and did they request a demo of the pencil test as well?
Not from me!

But of course, I failed the elbow test! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

~ James Naismith
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 3:09 pm

windsor wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Ugh. Power just blipped out. Took forever for the damn router to come back up.

UPS
I'm not expecting a package.
-- DukeUsul
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 3:09 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
windsor wrote:

UPS
I'm not expecting a package.
That's what SHE said!!!!!! Bazinga!
-- DukeUsul