LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 26th, 2009, 11:27 am

windsor wrote: At Chinese Buffets I always skip anything that resembles rice or noodles - leaving plenty of room for the good stuff.
I'm the same...I go for the meat-n-veggies. But I do love the sushi, and that has rice. Our local buffet has real sushi, not just the california rolls. They also have a hot grill that they cook up your plate while you wait, you choose the ingredients..shrimp, beef, chicken, noodles, veggies, and sauces.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 11:30 am

windsor wrote:
Breakfast buffets - start with a plate of BACON. I love BACON. If they have decent biscuits and gravy I'll have those...work my over to eggs...top off with pancakes or waffles and fruit.
I love the Shoney's breakfast buffet for dinner on Wednesday nights, especially when I have a coupon so it's only $3.99. I start with scrambled eggs (they do them right, at least locally!) and lots and lots of bacon. Next I'll move to the pancakes (3) and french toast sticks (1), perhaps with some more bacon. A couple of chunks of melon and a bit of Jello for desert. Ymm!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:32 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
windsor wrote: At Chinese Buffets I always skip anything that resembles rice or noodles - leaving plenty of room for the good stuff.
I'm the same...I go for the meat-n-veggies. But I do love the sushi, and that has rice. Our local buffet has real sushi, not just the california rolls. They also have a hot grill that they cook up your plate while you wait, you choose the ingredients..shrimp, beef, chicken, noodles, veggies, and sauces.
I have a similar place near the office. I love the hot grill.

I do always have to laugh at the very un-chinese stuff that shows up in chinese buffetts...not that most of the food is authentic in anyway but pizza? chicken wings? bourbon chicken? WTF? They could at least call it General Jack's Chicken :D ...
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:32 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote:
Breakfast buffets - start with a plate of BACON. I love BACON. If they have decent biscuits and gravy I'll have those...work my over to eggs...top off with pancakes or waffles and fruit.
I love the Shoney's breakfast buffet for dinner on Wednesday nights, especially when I have a coupon so it's only $3.99. I start with scrambled eggs (they do them right, at least locally!) and lots and lots of bacon. Next I'll move to the pancakes (3) and french toast sticks (1), perhaps with some more bacon. A couple of chunks of melon and a bit of Jello for desert. Ymm!
Alas, there are no more Shoney's anywhere near me...that buffet was a favorite!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 11:33 am

We have an Hibatchi grill and buffet here, too.
A variety of chicken dishes with Chinese veggies, a couple of egg rolls with lots of duck sauce, some Crab Rangoon (it's really just creme cheese in batter!) and I'm good to go!
No sushi for me.

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:35 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
We have an Hibatchi grill and buffet here, too.
A variety of chicken dishes with Chinese veggies, a couple of egg rolls with lots of duck sauce, some Crab Rangoon (it's really just creme cheese in batter!) and I'm good to go!
No sushi for me.
The place we go makes awesome spring rolls!!! ymmmmm.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:35 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote:

The only time I've ever eaten there was in Daytona Beach at the tail end of Spring Break. I am not sure the nice people fresh from church (I'm assuming by the way they were dressed) were quite ready for the sight of six severely hung-over and strung-out Canadians who had been drinking for about ten days and had survived for that time on little more than booze, beer, nicotine, coffee, and all-you-can-eat pasta from some shithole little restaurant as we absolutely freakin' inhaled that buffet. Good meal though...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:37 am

colchar wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote:

The only time I've ever eaten there was in Daytona Beach at the tail end of Spring Break. I am not sure the nice people fresh from church (I'm assuming by the way they were dressed) were quite ready for the sight of six severely[/] hung-over Canadians who had been drinking for about ten days and had survived for that time on little more than booze, beer, nicotine, coffee, and all-you-can-eat pasta from some shithole little restaurant as we absolutely freakin' inhaled that buffet. Good meal though...

It is a right of passage to eat a shoneys buffet while still up from the night before along with those fresh faced people from church. It is shoneys....it is expected :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 11:37 am

I'll be back later. Gotta go for a while. :-o

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:38 am

windsor wrote:

It is a right of passage to eat a shoneys buffet while still up from the night before along with those fresh faced people from church. It is shoneys....it is expected :D

Perhaps, but we were particularly fucked that morning. In fact, I'm fairly certain I was still wasted as I'd probably quit drinking ten minutes before we arrived.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:39 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I'll be back later. Gotta go for a while. :-o

Shitty buzz...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:39 am

colchar wrote:
windsor wrote:

Perhaps, but we were particularly fucked that morning. In fact, I'm fairly certain I was still wasted as I'd probably quit drinking ten minutes before we arrived.
Been there. Done that. Don't eat Belgian waffles after a night of swilling bourbon. I'm just sayin'.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:40 am

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:

Hmmm, anyone in the mood to take a run at the record set during the great Post Storm of 09/09/09?
I stand ready to do my bit.

I'm holding up my end.

We need CB&B, Wilson, etc. to join in today.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:40 am

windsor wrote:
Been there. Done that. Don't eat Belgian waffles after a night of swilling bourbon. I'm just sayin'.

I hear ya.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:41 am

colchar wrote:
windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:

Hmmm, anyone in the mood to take a run at the record set during the great Post Storm of 09/09/09?

I'm holding up my end.

Yes we do, I'll be heading to a meeting shortly so you might be left talking to yourself...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 26th, 2009, 11:41 am

colchar wrote:
windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:

I'm holding up my end.

I'm here when I can be. :!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:42 am

Speaking of booze, are you gonna get drunk at the wedding? Am I allowed to? Krysta will almost certainly have to if she is marrying me ;)
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:43 am

windsor wrote:
Yes we do, I'll be heading to a meeting shortly so you might be left talking to yourself...

Even shittier buzz. How are we doing in our pursuit of 1.0?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:44 am

colchar wrote:Speaking of booze, are you gonna get drunk at the wedding? Am I allowed to? Krysta will almost certainly have to if she is marrying me ;)
I haven't been drunk in years - and won't be at the wedding....if there is a story to tell about someone getting hammered and doing something stupid I will not be the punch line to that story.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:45 am

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:Speaking of booze, are you gonna get drunk at the wedding? Am I allowed to? Krysta will almost certainly have to if she is marrying me ;)
I haven't been drunk in years - and won't be at the wedding....if there is a story to tell about someone getting hammered and doing something stupid I will not be the punch line to that story.

Fair enough - but I wouldn't let anyone make fun of you regardless of what you did.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------