Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by Furniture » December 8th, 2020, 3:47 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 3:25 pm
Another favor to ask, since I'm banned OY:

It's been 40 years today since John Lennon was killed. Can somebody please mention it OY since I can't? I sometimes wonder if the world would be just a little bit kinder if he was still around.

He's one of my musical heroes. "Watching the Wheels" is kind of a personal anthem.

Edit: Thanks Furniture, I owe you one.
You are welcome...
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
Phredd3
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Phredd3 » December 8th, 2020, 5:19 pm

In an important decision on safe harbor day, the Supreme Court denies the Trump campaign's Pennsylvania appeal. No reasoning was issued and there were no dissents noted.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 8th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 5:19 pm
In an important decision on safe harbor day, the Supreme Court denies the Trump campaign's Pennsylvania appeal. No reasoning was issued and there were no dissents noted.
GOP in Congress says they don't care.
Republicans on the Joint Congressional Committee on the Inaugural Ceremonies voted on Tuesday against a resolution stating that the committee was preparing for the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.; Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo.; and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., all voted against the resolution.
“The extent to which Republicans are refusing to accept the outcome of the election and recognize Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as our next president and vice president is astounding,” Hoyer said in a statement released after the meeting of the committee. “Their continued deference to President Trump’s postelection temper tantrums threatens our democracy and undermines faith in our system of elections.”
That's some serious, serious, bullshit.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-biden-pas ... 57668.html
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 8th, 2020, 5:54 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 5:48 pm
Phredd3 wrote:
Republicans on the Joint Congressional Committee on the Inaugural Ceremonies voted on Tuesday against a resolution stating that the committee was preparing for the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.; Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo.; and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., all voted against the resolution.
“The extent to which Republicans are refusing to accept the outcome of the election and recognize Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as our next president and vice president is astounding,” Hoyer said in a statement released after the meeting of the committee. “Their continued deference to President Trump’s postelection temper tantrums threatens our democracy and undermines faith in our system of elections.”
So what do you think? Fascists? :D
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 8th, 2020, 5:55 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
This puts all of the Benedict Arnold's on the record as supporting Trump's psychotic behavior. They have largely been avoiding making a commitment on it. They can no longer get away with "he is entitled to his challenges." Now they are ruling in favor of a crazy man over their country. Of course, the people who vote for them agree with them so there will likely be no consequences for their actions.

Can someone wake me up when this bad dream is over?
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 8th, 2020, 5:59 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 5:54 pm
Phredd3 wrote:
So what do you think? Fascists? :D
The definition of fascism:

a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fascism

Looks like a fascist, walks like a fascist, quacks like a fascist... ladies and gentlemen, it's a fascist!
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » December 8th, 2020, 6:35 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 5:55 pm
This puts all of the Benedict Arnold's on the record as supporting Trump's psychotic behavior. They have largely been avoiding making a commitment on it. They can no longer get away with "he is entitled to his challenges." Now they are ruling in favor of a crazy man over their country. Of course, the people who vote for them agree with them so there will likely be no consequences for their actions.

Can someone wake me up when this bad dream is over?
I think the last date they can legitimately say “he’s playing out the legal string” is Monday, when the Electoral College ballots are sent in. Anyone holding out after that is just a cowardly wanker.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 8th, 2020, 6:36 pm

[/quote]

The definition of fascism:

a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fascism

Looks like a fascist, walks like a fascist, quacks like a fascist... ladies and gentlemen, it's a fascist!
[/quote]

Yup. Quite clear and I am not offended one iota.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 8th, 2020, 7:52 pm

The thread OY has been re-opened, but dudog84 remains in chains.

Just kidding, don't give Jason a hard time.
OPK

Post by OPK » December 8th, 2020, 8:23 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 7:52 pm

How long is your time out?
dudog

Post by dudog » December 8th, 2020, 8:45 pm

OPK wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 8:23 pm
dudog wrote:

Not sure. Probably lay low for a while anyways. Persona non grata and all.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 8th, 2020, 8:53 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 8:45 pm
OPK wrote:
dudog wrote:

It's not like you mentioned dragging body parts through glass shards. Talk about the punishment not fitting the crime.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 8th, 2020, 11:42 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 8:45 pm
OPK wrote:
dudog wrote:

I am going to lay low too. The whole episode has left a bad taste in my mouth. Don’t write anything that might hint criticism of tRump unless you are a OY mod.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 9th, 2020, 10:11 am

AAARRRRGGHHH!

The debate OY over whataboutism is completely missing the point! The problem is NOT the unwashed masses on either side, the problem is the leadership!

McConnell et. al. literally voted against Biden's inauguration just yesterday. Again literally, what...the...fuck!?!?! Nothing like this even remotely happened 4 years ago.

whataboutism. Fuck it.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 9th, 2020, 10:23 am

dudog wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 10:11 am
AAARRRRGGHHH!

The debate OY over whataboutism is completely missing the point! The problem is NOT the unwashed masses on either side, the problem is the leadership!

McConnell et. al. literally voted against Biden's inauguration just yesterday. Again literally, what...the...fuck!?!?! Nothing like this even remotely happened 4 years ago.

whataboutism. Fuck it.
This article says a lot about what you are noting.
Kim Ward, the Republican majority leader of the Pennsylvania Senate, said the president had called her to declare there was fraud in the voting. But she said she had not been shown the letter to Congress, which was pulled together hastily, before its release.

Asked if she would have signed it, she indicated that the Republican base expected party leaders to back up Trump’s claims — or to face its wrath.

“If I would say to you, ‘I don’t want to do it,’ ” she said about signing the letter, “I’d get my house bombed tonight.”
https://news.yahoo.com/even-defeat-trum ... 25102.html

Trump has made it so that even risking the ire of his cultists is political suicide. That's why the only ones you ever see speaking out are either so secure in their jobs that they can risk it (Romney) or are retiring.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 9th, 2020, 10:25 am

And then there's this.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday vowed to intervene in a long-shot lawsuit by the state of Texas filed at the U.S. Supreme Court trying to throw out the voting results in four states he lost to President-elect Joe Biden as he seeks to undo the outcome of the election.

The Republican president, writing on Twitter, said: "We will be INTERVENING in the Texas (plus many other states) case. This is the big one. Our Country needs a victory!"
Trump provided no details on the nature of the intervention in the case that he was promising, including whether it would be his presidential campaign or the U.S. Justice Department that would take action.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vows-i ... 44575.html
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 9th, 2020, 10:28 am

dudog wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 10:11 am
AAARRRRGGHHH!

whataboutism. Fuck it.
Totally agree. I have been looking for a way to interject some sanity into the conversation but I have decided that it isn't worth banging my head against the wall, plus I can't do it in a way that won't get me banned. Comparing the reaction of Democrats four years ago to what the Trumpers are doing now is a completely false equivalency. Last time I looked, in 2016 Democrats were not filing dozens of ridiculous law suits to try to overturn the election nor were they threatening the lives of lawmakers (some of whom were from their own party) who will not drink the kool aid and move to the dark side.

Trump and his merry band of idiots are just making stuff up as they go along, and he is requiring loyalty tests of anyone who claims to be a Republican. These people really need to man (or woman) up and do what is right. I'm glad that Romney seems to be making some effort to do this, and I appreciate the efforts of those at the state and local level who are also doing so, but that is not enough. Many of these elected officials have enough money to last several lifetimes - if bowing at the alter of Trump is what it takes to keep their jobs, then they should say thanks but no thanks and move on. Of course, the downside of that is that many of them would be replaced by someone who is even more crazy.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » December 9th, 2020, 10:34 am

December 9th, 2020, 10:25 am
And then there's this.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday vowed to intervene in a long-shot lawsuit by the state of Texas filed at the U.S. Supreme Court trying to throw out the voting results in four states he lost to President-elect Joe Biden as he seeks to undo the outcome of the election.

The Republican president, writing on Twitter, said: "We will be INTERVENING in the Texas (plus many other states) case. This is the big one. Our Country needs a victory!"
Trump provided no details on the nature of the intervention in the case that he was promising, including whether it would be his presidential campaign or the U.S. Justice Department that would take action.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vows-i ... 44575.html
Intervene in what? Texas doesn't even have standing. There isn't going to be anything left in which they can intervene. This case won't even sniff a decision on the merits, even if it were to have any merits.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 9th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Finally. I hope this is the first of many suits, and the plaintiffs are able to show that words have consequences.
Fired cybersecurity official Christopher Krebs is suing President's Trump lawyer who said he should be shot — and he has a message for Republicans facing similar abuse.
Krebs told The New York Times that his lawsuit is a message to fellow Republicans, telling them not to be "intimidated into silence." "We need to make it clear that these behaviors are not acceptable in a civil society," he added
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fired-cybers ... 55137.html
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 9th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Locked again OY. But at least this time no one got specifically called out in a nasty way, so there's that. I think Jason is going to give up soon. Too bad.

The fear that Trump is creating in all elected officials is unbelievable. Kiss the ring or he will find and support someone else who does. And the morons in these states will vote for these people because they have the Trump seal of approval. Which all feeds into his ridiculously oversized ego. I know others have been upset by me saying this, but I really think that if they don't like the laws and rules on which this country was founded and on which we have lived for almost 250 years, they should just leave. Good luck to all of them. Trump can start his own country, put his face on the money, and run them into bankruptcy like he did all of his businesses, while living it up on their money that they are so stupidly giving to him.