Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Post by TNTDevil » August 28th, 2009, 4:22 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Here's what I can do. Since TNT is now making this officially a brunchgate by being there insanely early 8-} I'll head out from the beach earlier, hit the lots, drop off my stuff, see if TNT needs anything, and then go see my dad. Then I'll be back to the lots early afternoon.
Insanely early?!? I resemble that remark! :lol: I prefer to think of it as fashionably early.

I do like your plan however. I think it's time to "stop our grinnin' and drop our linen!" and get a roll-call of attendees and our official menu.

I've come up with a plan that will allow me to bring my 22" Weber Kettle (My Bar-B-Chef is just too damn heavy to even consider) along with my TV, DirecTV and assorted tailgate related items- my tailgate tote and, more-n-likely two tables. (Got a feeler out for a used Honda portable generator. Hoping the cat agrees to my price!)

As for my food contributions... I'll be doing the brisket, probably a couple of BBQ sauces, I may elect to smoke a chicken too (see earlier lame joke about keeping it lit :lol: ) or, possibly some garlic shrimp, cole slaw and some bread/buns and finally some desserty item(s) (depends on how perky I feel during the week). Of course, I'll be rocking some of der Deutschland's finest.

Who's next?
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 28th, 2009, 4:27 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Here's what I can do. Since TNT is now making this officially a brunchgate by being there insanely early 8-} I'll head out from the beach earlier, hit the lots, drop off my stuff, see if TNT needs anything, and then go see my dad. Then I'll be back to the lots early afternoon.
Insanely early?!? I resemble that remark! :lol: I prefer to think of it as fashionably early.

I do like your plan however. I think it's time to "stop our grinnin' and drop our linen!" and get a roll-call of attendees and our official menu.

I've come up with a plan that will allow me to bring my 22" Weber Kettle (My Bar-B-Chef is just too damn heavy to even consider) along with my TV, DirecTV and assorted tailgate related items- my tailgate tote and, more-n-likely two tables. (Got a feeler out for a used Honda portable generator. Hoping the cat agrees to my price!)

As for my food contributions... I'll be doing the brisket, probably a couple of BBQ sauces, I may elect to smoke a chicken too (see earlier lame joke about keeping it lit :lol: ) or, possibly some garlic shrimp, cole slaw and some bread/buns and finally some desserty item(s) (depends on how perky I feel during the week). Of course, I'll be rocking some of der Duetsch-land's finest.

Who's next?
I cannot believe I am going to miss this tailgate to be in a wedding =(( . At least she's one of my BFFs. That helps. Can you send a bite of brisket back to the beach with CB&B for me? Pretty please ;;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 28th, 2009, 4:41 pm

TNTDevil wrote: As for my food contributions... I'll be doing the brisket, probably a couple of BBQ sauces, I may elect to smoke a chicken too (see earlier lame joke about keeping it lit :lol: ) or, possibly some garlic shrimp?
I was going to do chicken on a stick, but I was thinking today as I drove past several shrimp vendors it would be a shame not to bring some fresh from the beach. So I'm contributing shrimp instead of chicken. I will have my small grill with me. Of course I'll have beer also. I'm bringing my tent in hopes that we are able to use it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 28th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Ditbd pointed me out to this competition listed on one of the facebook groups.
This year the real competition isn't on the field, it's in the parking lot. We're looking for the country's top tailgating "professionals" and we're willing to handsomely reward them for their skills. Just tell us why you or someone you know should be Duke’s entry in the first ever Competitive Tailgating Series. Each winner gets $1500 worth to essential tailgating gear, and is entered to compete as their school's representative in the inaugural season of the Tailgating National Championship. Teams will submit pictures, videos, stories, etc. each month and football fans everywhere will judge if Blue Devils tailgaters are the best. If so, the winner goes to the BCS championship game - and their school is immortalized as the 2009 Tailgating National Champion. Simple as that. Send your entries to bcts@bubbakeg.com. We'll begin selecting our contenders on 8/21/09.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 28th, 2009, 8:22 pm

knights68 wrote:An offer.... and a challenge

Count me in for BG 9.5!! And to add to the menu (and added stickiness) I am gonna bring some BBQ drummettes! With hot sauce on the side for those who wish to partake! Everyone ok with that? I may include/substitute ribs, I hadn't decided yet. Maybe we should vote? who is for what??
Chicken wings/drummetts OR Ribs?

Un Challenge...
A particular German beer I am fond of. Haven't a clue to the whole name, I just know it starts with "S" and it like 15 letters in the name! First learned of it last year via my uncle.
Anyone find something close to that, pick us up 6, would ya? I am fairly certain the beer enthusiasts will enjoy! (I'll reimburse ya).
I vote ribs.

(and chicken... :oops: :roll: )

Might the beer be Salvator? It doesn't quite have the requisite bunchanumbers, err, letters, but it is a fine German brew and worthy of a 6er for Brunchgate.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 28th, 2009, 8:49 pm

I'll bring the requisite Bud Light plus some kosher 1/4 pound dogs and buns. If I can find Hebrew National Knockwurst instead of the dogs, I'll bring those - they are SO MUCH better! They sell them in Ft. Lauderdale, but not here that I've found.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » August 28th, 2009, 9:01 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I'll bring the requisite Bud Light plus some kosher 1/4 pound dogs and buns. If I can find Hebrew National Knockwurst instead of the dogs, I'll bring those - they are SO MUCH better! They sell them in Ft. Lauderdale, but not here that I've found.
Requisite???
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 28th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Sue71 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I'll bring the requisite Bud Light plus some kosher 1/4 pound dogs and buns. If I can find Hebrew National Knockwurst instead of the dogs, I'll bring those - they are SO MUCH better! They sell them in Ft. Lauderdale, but not here that I've found.
Requisite???
Well, I require them!

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 28th, 2009, 10:19 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Requisite???
He "borrowed" it from one of my earlier posts :roll: . You know how limited an engineer's vocabulary (and beer selection) can be. :roll: :))

requisite- required by circumstances; needed; necessary; essential; INDISPENSABLE ('"shouted" by me :roll: )

As in, "The beef brisket/tenderloin requisite for a enjoyable Brunchgate."

;)

I'm not a writer/linguist either, so have at it you frequenters of the "...academic..." thread... ;)
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 28th, 2009, 11:17 pm

devildeac wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
Requisite???
He "borrowed" it from one of my earlier posts :roll: . You know how limited an engineer's vocabulary (and beer selection) can be. :roll: :))

requisite- required by circumstances; needed; necessary; essential; INDISPENSABLE ('"shouted" by me :roll: )

;)

I'm not a writer/linguist either, so have at it you frequenters of the "...academic..." thread... ;)
I am familiar with "requisite", however I didn't realize that Bud Light fell into that category. :ymsmug:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 28th, 2009, 11:39 pm

Sue71 wrote:
devildeac wrote:

;)

I am familiar with "requisite", however I didn't realize that Bud Light fell into that category. :ymsmug:
That's why I referenced an engineer's "limited beer selection." ;) :))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 29th, 2009, 12:00 am

Sue71 wrote: I am familiar with "requisite", however I didn't realize that Bud Light fell into that category. :ymsmug:
Well, now you have learned something! :ymhug: :ymhug: :D

Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 29th, 2009, 12:07 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Sue71 wrote: I am familiar with "requisite", however I didn't realize that Bud Light fell into that category. :ymsmug:
Not really. :))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 29th, 2009, 11:02 am

Will anyone know where are tent is going to be? I'm assuming they won't actually have them set up at 9am, but it would be helpful for TNT to know at least the general area so we aren't moving hot grills around at noon.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 29th, 2009, 11:24 am

I'm still hoping to be down there for homecoming weekend.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 29th, 2009, 11:57 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Ditbd pointed me out to this competition listed on one of the facebook groups.
This year the real competition isn't on the field, it's in the parking lot. We're looking for the country's top tailgating "professionals" and we're willing to handsomely reward them for their skills. Just tell us why you or someone you know should be Duke’s entry in the first ever Competitive Tailgating Series. Each winner gets $1500 worth to essential tailgating gear, and is entered to compete as their school's representative in the inaugural season of the Tailgating National Championship. Teams will submit pictures, videos, stories, etc. each month and football fans everywhere will judge if Blue Devils tailgaters are the best. If so, the winner goes to the BCS championship game - and their school is immortalized as the 2009 Tailgating National Champion. Simple as that. Send your entries to bcts@bubbakeg.com. We'll begin selecting our contenders on 8/21/09.
Oh, we are SO going to enter this competition and WIN it.

I'll be at the Brunchgate. I'm still thinking of what I'm bringing. It's gotta be something that can survive the 2 hour trip. I'm open to suggestions.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 29th, 2009, 11:59 am

All I know is that it's tent 8 and I believe the tents will be set up by the Devil's walk in the Card lot. Maybe they'll set them up the night before. That would be nice.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 29th, 2009, 1:04 pm

Sue71 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:One drawback about the new location is without a vehicle parked next to the tent, there is no power for a tv. Which means no watching the holes lose while we eat.
Generator.

Sheesh. Amateurs.
=))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 29th, 2009, 1:10 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Will anyone know where are tent is going to be? I'm assuming they won't actually have them set up at 9am, but it would be helpful for TNT to know at least the general area so we aren't moving hot grills around at noon.
The email to Ozzie said tents would be set up by noon. I'd bet they set them up in the Card Gym lot adjacent to the sidewalk where the Blue Devil walk takes place. Even if Tim arrives at 9 AM, I'd bet he sees folks setting the tents up at that time and can park accordingly.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 29th, 2009, 1:11 pm

Sue71 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Not really. :))
good reply... :roll: :))