Moving On

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: Moving On

Post by TillyGalore » July 3rd, 2012, 11:57 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:Just finished up the ‘exit interview’.

Spoke to my bosses boss first - whom I actually like and gave him a heads up on stuff that I KNOW is going to happen...and who is to blame. I also told him that while everyone likes him, we all know he avoids conflict at all costs and that that hinders the department. (classic line: he asked me if I was politically trying to tell him to "grow a set" and yes, I was)

My boss, ah the poor little worm...It may take a while for my poor boss to recover. I told him that ‘I have been screaming for a year that there are key processes that no one understand but me. There is no glory for you in adequate cross training, so you’ve not just let it slide but actively discouraged it. Well, here comes the piper and it’s time to pay up. I’ve forgotten more about those items than the rest of the group collectively knows. I’ve made damn sure that Merrill (his boss) knows that I’ve tried to transition that knowledge but you wont’ let me…so when it crashes and burns, and it will, the fat in the fire will be yours. I’ve made sure the rest of the team has full fire suits on this one. "
Other key phrases ‘a speed bump on the road to progress’. That ‘your people spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to protect themselves from YOU – either deflecting your habit of taking credit for other peoples work or your random bus tossing of the nearest warm body. Nobody trusts you, I am not the first defection from your group and I can say as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow I won’t be the last.’

I believe the highlight was telling him that “as a manger, you are a catastrophe that walks like a man”.
I actually thought he was going to cry for a minute…..
Boy that felt good.

Wow. Just wow. ^:)^ ^:)^ :clap: :clap:
Ditto. ^:)^ ^:)^
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 3rd, 2012, 12:03 pm

windsor wrote:Just finished up the ‘exit interview’.

Spoke to my bosses boss first - whom I actually like and gave him a heads up on stuff that I KNOW is going to happen...and who is to blame. I also told him that while everyone likes him, we all know he avoids conflict at all costs and that that hinders the department. (classic line: he asked me if I was politically trying to tell him to "grow a set" and yes, I was)

My boss, ah the poor little worm...It may take a while for my poor boss to recover. I told him that ‘I have been screaming for a year that there are key processes that no one understand but me. There is no glory for you in adequate cross training, so you’ve not just let it slide but actively discouraged it. Well, here comes the piper and it’s time to pay up. I’ve forgotten more about those items than the rest of the group collectively knows. I’ve made damn sure that Merrill (his boss) knows that I’ve tried to transition that knowledge but you wont’ let me…so when it crashes and burns, and it will, the fat in the fire will be yours. I’ve made sure the rest of the team has full fire suits on this one. "
Other key phrases ‘a speed bump on the road to progress’. That ‘your people spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to protect themselves from YOU – either deflecting your habit of taking credit for other peoples work or your random bus tossing of the nearest warm body. Nobody trusts you, I am not the first defection from your group and I can say as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow I won’t be the last.’

I believe the highlight was telling him that “as a manger, you are a catastrophe that walks like a man”.
Boy that felt good.
There's a movie scene in there. As memorable as "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

I sure wish you had recorded it. Did you...? :-? :?:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 3rd, 2012, 1:28 pm

Use of video/audio recording is a big no-no, so I did not record it. It actually took this company forever to realize that the prohibition on camera's in the employee handbook was outdated and uninforceable given that every cell phone has one.

His face looked something like this when I was done though:

:veryconfused:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 3rd, 2012, 7:14 pm

What LG said! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 3rd, 2012, 8:16 pm

I should probably add that you can only get away with something like that when you know you can count on a glowing reference from people above your boss' pay grade. I had spoken to my bosses boss as I said, and told him I was going to lay idiot boss out in my exit interview. He did not make any effort at all to talk me out of it, and frankly I think secretly he was glad someone was going to tell the idiot what they thought of him. I even made mention that I would probably have to skip idiot boss as a reference going forward, and bosses boss quickly volunteered to give me a reference 'anytime, anywhere'.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 3rd, 2012, 11:27 pm

Windsor, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want to be like you when I grow up. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 4th, 2012, 1:04 am

windsor wrote:I believe the highlight was telling him that “as a manger, you are a catastrophe that walks like a man”.
Wow. Just... wow. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

(Is there some correlary that says the WTA rule is suspended during exit interviews? ;) )
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 4th, 2012, 7:57 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
windsor wrote:I believe the highlight was telling him that “as a manger, you are a catastrophe that walks like a man”.
Wow. Just... wow. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

(Is there some correlary that says the WTA rule is suspended during exit interviews? ;) )

WTA can be suspended when 1)there is no consequence for being the asshole and 2)there are no witnesses :D

The catastrophe that walks like a man line came from Bill Maher's New Rules several years ago...I have been waiting for the perfect time to use it. That time was yesterday :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 4th, 2012, 8:28 am

ROTFLMAO!
:)) =))
Wow... :ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 4th, 2012, 7:53 pm

Lavabe wrote:ROTFLMAO!
:)) =))
Wow... :ymapplause:
QFE! =)) =)) =)) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 4th, 2012, 10:57 pm

DukeForester wrote:Congrats to all. Ymo, we are also relocating to San Antonio from Virginia after I retire for the second and final time. Probably in a year or so. Both of our children and 1 grandson live there. Be prepared for very hot & humid weather with practically no rain. They seem to always be under some type of water restrictions. We already have a 1 acre lot in Spring Branch which is about 20 minutes north of SA just waiting to have a house built. Good luck with the move and maybe we can get together once we arrive.
Thanks! I'm headed down this weekend to take a closer look...it was nice and green in May when I was there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 30th, 2012, 9:02 am

From Mrs. DD's facebook status..
Last Friday, Daryl closed the office of North Raleigh Cardiovascular Diseases after 13 years of practice as a solo cardiologist in Raleigh. Today, he starts work with Carolina Cardiology, an affiliate of WakeMed Faculty Physicians.
http://www.wakemedphysicians.com/darylemerymd
Best wishes...hope you weren't late for your first day!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 30th, 2012, 10:38 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:From Mrs. DD's facebook status..
Last Friday, Daryl closed the office of North Raleigh Cardiovascular Diseases after 13 years of practice as a solo cardiologist in Raleigh. Today, he starts work with Carolina Cardiology, an affiliate of WakeMed Faculty Physicians.
Thank you. Orientation today (about 8 hours I'll never get back) and I return to seeing patients tomorrow. Quite the change for me/us. Thanks also to all the folks here who "liked" and commented on Joy's FB pages. We are tired of moving and marrying and pray we are out of both those occupations for a while. Quite a while.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » July 30th, 2012, 11:21 pm

devildeac wrote:
Thank you. Orientation today (about 8 hours I'll never get back) and I return to seeing patients tomorrow. Quite the change for me/us. Thanks also to all the folks here who "liked" and commented on Joy's FB pages. We are tired of moving and marrying and pray we are out of both those occupations for a while. Quite a while.
Here's to everything working out like you planned! Best wishes! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 31st, 2012, 8:22 am

Congratulations on your new adventure. They don't know how lucky they are!
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 31st, 2012, 10:08 am

devildeac wrote:
Best of luck, DD! I know you will be a great success. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2012, 9:18 pm

IowaDevil wrote:

Here's to everything working out like you planned! Best wishes! :)
Thanks! Two guys on vacation this week. Speaking of getting thrown into the fire. I worked like a madman today and it's a good, satisfied tired tonight.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2012, 9:19 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Congratulations on your new adventure. They don't know how lucky they are!
Thank you. I'm hoping it's a equally mutual feeling.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2012, 9:20 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Best of luck, DD! I know you will be a great success. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Thank you! I was welcomed today and put right to work.