Good Morfternoon, y'all!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Good Morfternoon, y'all!

Post by ArkieDukie » September 8th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Good morfternoon! I'm getting ready to board a flight to St. Louis! R :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 16th, 2012, 3:19 pm

I forgot to say "Good morning," so:

Good morfternoon, y'all!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 16th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Good Afternoon everyone! ~O) (Hot Tea)
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » September 23rd, 2012, 2:39 pm

Good Morfternoon to all! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 23rd, 2012, 6:05 pm

bbbbbbhruh ruth rujgghhhhhnbnhnnnnnnv tttttttttttttttttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugjuhughgjjrjtnr B-) :duke: :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 23rd, 2012, 6:11 pm

Hi Ruthie! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » September 23rd, 2012, 7:36 pm

Happy Day to you Ruthie! :happy-wavemulticolor:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 30th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Good morfternoon!

I'm in McCarran airport sitting at TSA. Southwest won't let me check my bag yet, so I've said "good-bye" to my Sam, and I'm waiting until 1:15 local time to check my bag. The folks at Southwest know me well now. I have a "jump to the head of the line" pass because I've bugged them so much today.

When I asked them if they could just send my bag ahead of me to RDU, they told me that it would cost $350.00, just slightly more than the cost of my ticket. Oh well. I'd rather wait here than in another airport somewhere else. I'm so glad to have a non-stop from LAS to RDU.

This was such a fun trip. Pictures to follow on FB later. . .

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 30th, 2012, 4:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:Good morfternoon!

I'm in McCarran airport sitting at TSA. Southwest won't let me check my bag yet, so I've said "good-bye" to my Sam, and I'm waiting until 1:15 local time to check my bag. The folks at Southwest know me well now. I have a "jump to the head of the line" pass because I've bugged them so much today.

When I asked them if they could just send my bag ahead of me to RDU, they told me that it would cost $350.00, just slightly more than the cost of my ticket. Oh well. I'd rather wait here than in another airport somewhere else. I'm so glad to have a non-stop from LAS to RDU.

That's the same flight we took! Have your camera out (or ready to take out) right after you take off. We took off heading south and turned right, going to the far side of the strip and continued our turn to head east. Amazing view of the strip - was thinking "get your camera out!" but couldn't. Turned on my phone but by the time it booted, long before it was authorized, we were too far east. but then I could see the big bridge at the Hoover Dam and did take several shots with my phone and then of some big deep groove in the ground for the next 15 minutes B-) I was sitting on the right side of the plane, window seat, to get the view! We did get in to RDU a few minutes early, but 11:35 isn't much better than 11:45... and then I waited for my luggage and the Preflight Parking shuttle to take me to my car.

Have a good flight and drive home safely! :ymhug:

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 30th, 2012, 5:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

That's the same flight we took! Have your camera out (or ready to take out) right after you take off. We took off heading south and turned right, going to the far side of the strip and continued our turn to head east. Amazing view of the strip - was thinking "get your camera out!" but couldn't. Turned on my phone but by the time it booted, long before it was authorized, we were too far east. but then I could see the big bridge at the Hoover Dam and did take several shots with my phone and then of some big deep groove in the ground for the next 15 minutes B-) I was sitting on the right side of the plane, window seat, to get the view! We did get in to RDU a few minutes early, but 11:35 isn't much better than 11:45... and then I waited for my luggage and the Preflight Parking shuttle to take me to my car.

Have a good flight and drive home safely! :ymhug:
My flight gets in at 12:35 tomorrow morning.

I have the camera ready to take pics. The time of day should be great for shots over the Grand Canyon. I have a B boarding pass, so I'll just be lucky if I can get a window seat. (I had a C boarding pass on the way out and I still wound up with a window seat and got some shots of Hoover Dam (just barely) as I flew in to town. If I hadn't known what I was looking for, I would have been SOL.)

I got some good shots of the Grand Canyon last year when I left LV. I was sitting on the left side of the plane, as I recall.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 30th, 2012, 5:15 pm

CathyCA wrote:

I have the camera ready to take pics. The time of day should be great for shots over the Grand Canyon. I have a B boarding pass, so I'll just be lucky if I can get a window seat. (I had a C boarding pass on the way out and I still wound up with a window seat and got some shots of Hoover Dam (just barely) as I flew in to town. If I hadn't known what I was looking for, I would have been SOL.)

I got some good shots of the Grand Canyon last year when I left LV. I was sitting on the left side of the plane, as I recall.

4:15 pdt to 12:35 edt? We were scheduled to get in at 11:45. Wonder why you're getting in so much later only a week later?

I saw the bridge long before I saw the Dam.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 30th, 2012, 5:20 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

4:15 pdt to 12:35 edt? We were scheduled to get in at 11:45. Wonder why you're getting in so much later only a week later?

Yes, they have! Different flight number. Maybe it's a Sunday thing?

Nonstop

Las Vegas, NV (LAS)

05:15 PM

Raleigh, NC (RDU)

12:35 AM

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 30th, 2012, 6:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Yes, they have! Different flight number. Maybe it's a Sunday thing?

Nonstop

Las Vegas, NV (LAS)

05:15 PM

Raleigh, NC (RDU)

12:35 AM
I had a whole post ready to go about how I had spent all day here at the airport and how I was getting a lot of good computer work done when "poof!" I lost the internet connection.

I think my flight must be a Sunday thing.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 1st, 2012, 1:04 pm

Good morfternoon!

Wheels finally down at 1:00 a.m. at RDU. The POTUS slowed down everyone's travel on the west coast yesterday with his mid-day arrival at LAS. Sam got some good pictures of Air Force One. Me? None, nada, zippy. I was waiting behind security with Thirty Standing Around.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 1st, 2012, 1:12 pm

Wheels finally down at 1:00 a.m. at RDU. The POTUS slowed down everyone's travel on the west coast yesterday with his mid-day arrival at LAS. Sam got some good pictures of Air Force One. Me? None, nada, zippy. I was waiting behind security with Thirty Standing Around.

Welcome home!
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 5th, 2012, 5:39 pm

ydyyyfyfy e77rr7r7 tttttttt rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuutttttttthhhhh :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke:

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 5th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Welcome home Cathy!! See your tomorrow. I'm looking forward and dreading the rehearsal dinner tonight. It will be very nice but we are NOT late night people. I'll do OK, not sure about Bud, who goes to bed (way) to early, like 8:00. I hope I can keep him awake. I'm excited to go to tailgate tomorrow!!

GO DEVILES!! :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 8th, 2012, 7:44 pm

KHHJKKL;']HJGJHGYYTTY RUTH
MKL'
NNVCH';J,H,,J,T,H,Y,YH,H431234567890 :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :D

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 9th, 2012, 1:37 pm

Good Morfternoon! Busy morning - went with Ruthie to a local pumpkin patch, where we took a hayride, saw (and fed) some goats and a donkey, and then walked through the pumpkin patch, where Ruthie picked out a small pumpkin to take home!

To top if all off, I had lunch with CathyCA and her office mates at the Smithfield's Chicken and BBQ here in ... Smithfield! :D

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 9th, 2012, 10:53 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good Morfternoon! Busy morning - went with Ruthie to a local pumpkin patch, where we took a hayride, saw (and fed) some goats and a donkey, and then walked through the pumpkin patch, where Ruthie picked out a small pumpkin to take home!

To top if all off, I had lunch with CathyCA and her office mates at the Smithfield's Chicken and BBQ here in ... Smithfield! :D
We had a fun lunch with Ozzie: BBQ and Brunswick Stew! I didn't get to take home a pumpkin, though. :occasion-happyhalloween:

~ James Naismith