Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Kyrie

Post by EarlJam » March 18th, 2011, 10:27 am

CathyCA wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I think he took direction for this pose straight from Kenny Dennard.
Love, Ima :ymsmug:

:9f:
Sweet Moses in bag of lemon zest! What the Hell!?

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 18th, 2011, 10:38 am

EarlJam wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I think he took direction for this pose straight from Kenny Dennard.

-EarlJam
Reminds me of the time Jenny got in trouble over some photos of her in her college sweater.
:chocolate: :Heartthrob: :Luigi:
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 18th, 2011, 12:26 pm

wilson wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

-EarlJam
Reminds me of the time Jenny got in trouble over some photos of her in her college sweater.
:chocolate: :Heartthrob: :Luigi:
Who is this?

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 18th, 2011, 1:12 pm

EarlJam wrote:Who is this?

-EarlJam
DUH...Jenny Curran, the love of Forrest Gump's life. One time, she got in trouble "over some phote-toes of her in her college sweeata." See above.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 18th, 2011, 2:05 pm

indoor66 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Based on the last time I saw Kenny, he sure as hell don't look that way today! :(( :)) =)) :happy-bouncyblue:
Oh my goodness...I had forgot all about THAT. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Only Dennard. :ymhug: :ymhug: Quite the character, back in the day. Don't think he'll be doing a follow up for old times sake!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 18th, 2011, 3:35 pm

kyrie.JPG
:D :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :D :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :ymhug:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 18th, 2011, 6:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
kyrie.JPG
:D :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :D :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :ymhug:
POTD!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2011, 12:13 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
kyrie.JPG
Our point guard's back, and you're gonna be in trouble. Hey na, hey na, our point guard's back! :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by robertduke32 » March 19th, 2011, 10:51 am

Seems he knocked off the rust and started really showing his stuff towards the end. But it's Hampton...interested to see what happens tomorrow.

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 19th, 2011, 11:01 am

robertduke32 wrote:Seems he knocked off the rust and started really showing his stuff towards the end. But it's Hampton...interested to see what happens tomorrow.

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I distinctly saw rust flying off him at the end of the game. HUGE confidence booster for him...I think he continue to improve - assuming we get past Michigan tomorrow he'll have more practice time next week to work his way back in to the flow.

Yesterday was the first time I heard Len (is an idiot) Elmore actually make rational comments. When they were discussing 'should Kyrie have played, or practiced more first' the was adamant that he MUST play. "You can't get game situations anwhere but in a game" and "Practice is like going to the driving range - the driving range does not prepare you to play tournament golf"

My favorite moment of the game was the big ol' grin on Kyrie's face after he his last 3...I think that was the moment Kyrie KNEW he was back.

Welcome back Mr. Irving, we've missed you. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 19th, 2011, 6:08 pm

loved seeing him out there. I thought he really found his groove after he grabbed the rebound and beat everyone down the court for a layup. And I think Kyrie hates stall ball :D
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » March 21st, 2011, 11:08 am

I meant to tell y'all this earlier, but I have a funny story about Kyrie...

So the first weekend of spring break (the weekend before the ACCT), I noticed that Kyrie Irving was following my girlfriend on twitter. What the dump! I pointed it out and told her that I was jealous haha. I go to Duke and he doesn't follow me, but she goes to ECU and is followed by the potential #1 draft pick.

Three hours before our first ACCT game, my girlfriend gets a private message on twitter FROM KYRIE. It says "you sure are one pretty girl."

Crazy!

Luckily my girlfriend isn't the type to be attracted to a basketball player like that. If she was, I might be in trouble haha. She replied with "you sure are one good basketball player", to which he said "thanks" and she said "you're welcome."

I was kind of upset that she didn't try to get me a signed jersey, or mention that I live two dorms down from him and that he should come hang out with me. :D
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 21st, 2011, 11:25 am

Rolvix wrote:I meant to tell y'all this earlier, but I have a funny story about Kyrie...

So the first weekend of spring break (the weekend before the ACCT), I noticed that Kyrie Irving was following my girlfriend on twitter. What the dump! I pointed it out and told her that I was jealous haha. I go to Duke and he doesn't follow me, but she goes to ECU and is followed by the potential #1 draft pick.

Three hours before our first ACCT game, my girlfriend gets a private message on twitter FROM KYRIE. It says "you sure are one pretty girl."

Crazy!

Luckily my girlfriend isn't the type to be attracted to a basketball player like that. If she was, I might be in trouble haha. She replied with "you sure are one good basketball player", to which he said "thanks" and she said "you're welcome."

I was kind of upset that she didn't try to get me a signed jersey, or mention that I live two dorms down from him and that he should come hang out with me. :D
You also don't want him finding out you got beat in a game of knockout (or whatever it was called) by a young lady, either :D ;;) :-* .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 21st, 2011, 11:37 am

Rolvix wrote:I meant to tell y'all this earlier, but I have a funny story about Kyrie...

Crazy!

Great story, Rolvix. Cool thing to be able to say that such a big star finds your lady so fetching.
And I have to say (dirty old man alert), he's not wrong. Well done. :ymapplause:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 22nd, 2011, 1:00 pm

Crazy!

Kyrie is right! Virginia sure is one pretty girl! You're one lucky guy to have her as your girlfriend!

What a great story!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » March 23rd, 2011, 4:09 pm

i just read this story on "SCSD" . this lady is a p.o.s http://sethcurrysavesduke.blogspot.com/ ... -room.html
simply tasteless
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 23rd, 2011, 4:46 pm

DUKEBLUE252 wrote:i just read this story on "SCSD" . this lady is a p.o.s http://sethcurrysavesduke.blogspot.com/ ... -room.html
simply tasteless
Back in the day, our biggest concern was maintaining the privacy of the players' unlisted telephone numbers. I can't imagine having to deal with the explosion of social media while trying to participate in a winning basketball program.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 23rd, 2011, 4:48 pm

TOEday is Kyrie's birthday. I hope that all of Kyrie's 4916 FB friends are wishing him the happiest of days!

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 23rd, 2011, 4:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:TOEday is Kyrie's birthday. I hope that all of Kyrie's 4916 FB friends are wishing him the happiest of days!

:ymparty:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » March 23rd, 2011, 6:30 pm

CathyCA wrote:TOEday is Kyrie's birthday. I hope that all of Kyrie's 4916 FB friends are wishing him the happiest of days!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYRIE!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.