Vibes for College Apps!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Vibes for College Apps!

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 24th, 2011, 8:24 pm

The third one is on the way. Congratulations on two very exciting possibilities for your future. :happy-bouncyblue:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 24th, 2011, 8:35 pm

You guys beat everything. You're sooo nice. Did I ever tell you that? Thanks for holding our hands through this! Bless your hearts.
Love, Ima

Now, GO, DEVILS, GO!!!! Don't bother taking prisoners!
:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 25th, 2011, 1:48 pm

Native, congratulations on your acceptance to Northwestern! :wizard: and :YMPRAY: for you as you have to make what will be a very tough decision.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 25th, 2011, 2:22 pm

Congratulations, Native! I'm sure you will hear positive news from the other 2 also. Whichever institution you choose will be fortunate to have you. And wherever you go, you will get from your education what you put into it - enjoy campus life, get to know your professors and fellow students, and heed my father's advice - there is more to an education than books.

I know the waiting is hard - nephew Sam is waiting on news from what his older brother is calling his safety schools - Cornell and Harvard. He has been accepted to Penn State main campus already.
Life is good!
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » March 29th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Double post! See below.
Last edited by Native on March 29th, 2011, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Native

Post by Native » March 29th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Well, Stanford's admissions committee finished a little early this year, and decisions were released today:
Dear Michael,

We have just completed our evaluation and selection process, and I am writing to offer you a place on our waitlist. While we cannot offer you admission at this time, you should know that students offered a place on our waitlist are among our strongest applicants. Your application demonstrated great promise and you are among a select group that will be re-evaluated by the admission committee should space become available in the freshman class.

It is impossible to predict at this time how many, if any, waitlisted students will be offered admission. Typically, we fill the final spots in our class through the waitlist but we will not know for some time how many admitted students will accept our offer of admission. You should be aware that we do not rank students on our waitlist. When we know whether we will make additional offers of admission, we will review all waitlisted applicants again. Although we are unable to meet with you or address questions individually, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the waitlist, here.

If you wish to continue to be considered for admission, you must accept your place on our waitlist by visiting http://admission.stanford.edu/waitlist before May 1, 2011, and providing the requested information. Should you choose not to accept a place on the waitlist, please use the same link to decline your spot so we may consider other applicants. After accepting your place on our waitlist, we will send you an update regarding your status sometime after May 9. A very small group may remain under consideration through July 1. We realize that you must respond to offers of admission at other colleges by May 1, and we advise you to secure a place in the freshman class at one of those colleges by that deadline. The college to which you commit at this time will understand if you are later offered admission to Stanford from the waitlist.

More than 34,350 students applied this year for admission to a freshman class of 1,722. Our decision to admit applicants from the waitlist will depend entirely on the response rate to our initial offers of admission. We appreciate your patience with this process and your willingness to be flexible. I hope you understand how impressed we were with your application and how much we value your interest in Stanford.

With best wishes,

Richard H. Shaw
Dean of Admission and Financial Aid
I'm scared s#!tless for tomorrow. :9f:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 29th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Sorry to hear about this one, Native, but you already have multiple very good options at your disposal. We all know that you'll end up in the right place. Still vibing for Duke and for the most stress-free decision process possible for you.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 29th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Still buzzin'!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Native

Post by Native » March 29th, 2011, 9:17 pm

wilson wrote:Sorry to hear about this one, Native, but you already have multiple very good options at your disposal. We all know that you'll end up in the right place. Still vibing for Duke and for the most stress-free decision process possible for you.
captmojo wrote:Still buzzin'!
Thanks, guys. Part of me thought I was going to get lucky and get admitted. It was a 7% acceptance rate from a pool of around 35,000 applicants, though, so I guess I should be thankful that I even made a list — there's 30,000 kids like me who got outright rejected. Still keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow...
:9f:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 29th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Native, whatever happens is supposed to be.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 29th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Being waitlisted at Stanford is good! It means they haven't said "no."

I'm praying that you'll get good news from Duke!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 29th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Keep the faith, Native! We're all vibing for whatever is best for you! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 29th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Vibes are a flowing! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Here's to hoping you have good upcoming news! :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 29th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Sending the strongest possible vibes, Native. You already have at least one fantastic opportunity on the table; here's hoping there are more to come! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 29th, 2011, 10:30 pm

CathyCA wrote:Being waitlisted at Stanford is good! It means they haven't said "no."

I'm praying that you'll get good news from Duke!

I'm with Cathy...waitlisted on a prestigious school like that? Hell yeah..congrats.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 30th, 2011, 2:21 am

Why don't Northwestern get no respect? It sounds mighty good to me. But then I'm just Grandma. :)
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » March 30th, 2011, 6:12 am

Adding my vibes - for you to hear what you want and then for you to make the decision that's best for you. What an exciting time in your life!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 30th, 2011, 8:54 am

Congrats on the Stanford wait list! That's very impressive. One call to Johnny D could probably have you working as a staffer or manager. Well, maybe not, but it might be possible! :D

Here's to Duke vibes TODAY! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 30th, 2011, 8:59 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Congrats on the Stanford wait list! That's very impressive. One call to Johnny D could probably have you working as a staffer or manager. Well, maybe not, but it might be possible! :D

Here's to Duke vibes TODAY! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
What Ozzie said.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 30th, 2011, 10:44 am

More Duke vibes!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.