Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Post by windsor » August 15th, 2014, 8:03 am

CathyCA wrote:Good morning.

I have a huge trial today.

:9f:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Huge Trial vibes!

Good Morning.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 15th, 2014, 8:52 am

Good morning all! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2014, 12:13 pm

CathyCA wrote:Good morning.

I have a huge trial today.

Good luck! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2014, 12:14 pm

Harrumph.

I had a bunch of little stuff in court this morning, and again this afternoon. But anyway, better late to "harrumph" than never to "harrumph" at all. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 16th, 2014, 5:05 am

Good morning from the Central time zone.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 16th, 2014, 6:24 am

Good morning! Family vacation starts today, we're headed to Durham for Meet the Blue Devils, followed by Augusta GA for a couple nights and then Myrtle Beach for three days.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2014, 8:20 am

Thank you for all of the trial vibes yesterday. I inhabited that case! I immersed myself in the facts of the case, I mastered the minutiae of the case law, and I fine-tuned my closing argument by pointing out a credibility problem (a time-space continuum thing which I refuted with documentary evidence from my investigator (aka a "bald-faced lie")). At the time, I even amazed myself with that flash of brilliance! My client, my investigators, my witnesses and the opposing attorney all thought that I kicked some major butt.

Ultimately, none of their opinions matter. The judge is going to issue his ruling next week.

So, I'm still worried. So, could everyone please point their vibrators in the direction of Judge GGB? Thanks!

Good morning!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 16th, 2014, 8:26 am

CathyCA wrote:Thank you for all of the trial vibes yesterday. I inhabited that case! I immersed myself in the facts of the case, I mastered the minutiae of the case law, and I fine-tuned my closing argument by pointing out a credibility problem (a time-space continuum thing which I refuted with documentary evidence from my investigator (aka a "bald-faced lie")). At the time, I even amazed myself with that flash of brilliance! My client, my investigators, my witnesses and the opposing attorney all thought that I kicked some major butt.

Ultimately, none of their opinions matter. The judge is going to issue his ruling next week.

So, I'm still worried. So, could everyone please point their vibrators in the direction of Judge GGB? Thanks!

Good morning!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2014, 8:54 am

CathyCA wrote:Thank you for all of the trial vibes yesterday. I inhabited that case! I immersed myself in the facts of the case, I mastered the minutiae of the case law, and I fine-tuned my closing argument by pointing out a credibility problem (a time-space continuum thing which I refuted with documentary evidence from my investigator (aka a "bald-faced lie")). At the time, I even amazed myself with that flash of brilliance! My client, my investigators, my witnesses and the opposing attorney all thought that I kicked some major butt.

Good morning!
When you have the facts, pound the facts. When you have the law, pound the law. When you have neither, pound the table.

Vibes for the one in the black dress to rule for you, CathyCA! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2014, 8:54 am

Good morning. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » August 16th, 2014, 9:52 am

Good morning all! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 16th, 2014, 10:35 am

Good Morning!!!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 16th, 2014, 11:30 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

Good morning!
When you have the facts, pound the facts. When you have the law, pound the law. When you have neither, pound the table.

Vibes for the one in the black dress to rule for you, CathyCA! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I heard it as when the facts are with you call on the facts, when the law is with you call on the law, if neither is with you call the other guy names.

The only thing I remember for my one and only law class: Never aks a hostile witness a question you do not already know the answer to.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 16th, 2014, 9:07 pm

We made it to Augusta safe and sound. Meet the Blue Devils was a blast.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 17th, 2014, 6:36 am

Good morning. ~O)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 17th, 2014, 7:43 am

Good morning.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 17th, 2014, 8:43 am

Good morning. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 17th, 2014, 8:55 am

Good morning from Michigan! Looking out at the channel watching boats move between Lakes Muskegon and Michigan. Even better was arriving to hugs from from nieces and nephews from 2 generations? I love my family!

Vibes for CathyCA's judge. :wizard:
Life is good!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 17th, 2014, 11:32 am

Good Morning!!!!

Meet The Blue Devils was awesome yesterday. Over 3000 in attendance! I remember when there was only about 200 that attended this event.... and Not that many years ago, either!!!!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL ?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 17th, 2014, 12:58 pm

windsor wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Good morning!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I heard it as when the facts are with you call on the facts, when the law is with you call on the law, if neither is with you call the other guy names.

The only thing I remember for my one and only law class: Never aks a hostile witness a question you do not already know the answer to.
This is a good rule even for your friendly witnesses. We don't want surprises in court.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith