PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2009, 9:56 am

:whistle: Is it working for me?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 4th, 2009, 9:58 am

YmoBeThere wrote::whistle: Is it working for me?
Yes. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2009, 10:02 am

Have we gotten far enough off topic?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:03 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Have we gotten far enough off topic?
Hockey.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:

He'd better make it out to St. Louis. Soon. :-w
I still have a bottle or two of the Schlafly Raspberry Hefe as well, but seem to recall that Lavabe found some in KY and didn't like it as well as last year's. I've liked both bottles that I had (better than the Wheach, in fact). Maybe there's a difference between batches or something?
I like the Hef, but I bought a batch that didn't meet last year's great standards.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2009, 10:06 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:

I still have a bottle or two of the Schlafly Raspberry Hefe as well, but seem to recall that Lavabe found some in KY and didn't like it as well as last year's. I've liked both bottles that I had (better than the Wheach, in fact). Maybe there's a difference between batches or something?

I like the Hef, but I bought a batch that didn't meet last year's great standards.
Hef is kinda old...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:08 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Anyone else watch SNL last night? Overall much better than last week. The Family Feud skit (Osmond family vs Phillips family) was just wrong! I also liked the "Mostly Garbage" dog food commercial.
No. The show stunk. The Madonna-Lady Gaga thing was stupid.

Sorry... just my two cents.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2009, 10:09 am

Parenting Made Easy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20091003/h ... 9192734700

Just don't give them candy all the time
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2009, 10:09 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Anyone else watch SNL last night? Overall much better than last week. The Family Feud skit (Osmond family vs Phillips family) was just wrong! I also liked the "Mostly Garbage" dog food commercial.

:twocents: but then someone could give you the :-@ back
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:13 am

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote: I would purchase both of them. Especially considering 1-2 of each will end up in my fridge in the next month or so. ;) :D =p~
I still have part of a sixer of Wheach that I bought earlier in the summer. Figured I'd send it with him as well. Hopefully it'll end up at a Brunchgate. If I can't make it, I can at least send beer as a substitute! ;)
Still no pumpkin ale in the stores here , but we DO have the #15, Scotch Ale, and summer ale.

DEFINITELY hold onto the Wheach. We haven't figured out when to pass by St. Louis, as Legacy Lady has an upcoming tonsilectomy. We'll figure out something.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:17 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

:twocents: but then someone could give you the :-@ back
"That ain't my dad, it's a cell phone!" Okay, maybe that was a decent bit.

And WHAT was the deal with "Porcelain fountains?"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:26 am

So ILJ buys me a Culver's Pumpkin Frozen Custard. I LOVE pumpkin frozen custard. Given my cholesterol issues, I looked up the nutrition info on frozen custard and found out that the chocolate frozen custard has 88 mg of the stuff (29% of daily allowance). What should I do?

1) Eat it, and hope for the best
2) Avoid it, and don't ruin my efforts to reduce cholesterol in my diet
3) Pitch it, and say I ate it
4) Give it to Georgia the Wonderdog.

Somehow, the notion of eating frozen custard while having a big cholesterol count does NOT sound appealing to me.
Thanks,
Lavabe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 4th, 2009, 10:32 am

Lavabe wrote:So ILJ buys me a Culver's Pumpkin Frozen Custard. I LOVE pumpkin frozen custard. Given my cholesterol issues, I looked up the nutrition info on frozen custard and found out that the chocolate frozen custard has 88 mg of the stuff (29% of daily allowance). What should I do?

Somehow, the notion of eating frozen custard while having a big cholesterol count does NOT sound appealing to me.
Thanks,
Lavabe
Well that answers your question, doesn't it? Either 2 or 3. Why hurt the dog, even if she would enjoy it (but not appreciate it).
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:37 am

Oz,
If I avoid it, the sight of the custard in the freezer is going to torture me... that is, until ILJ takes it (LL doesn't eat the stuff).
If I pitch it, I wind up having to explain to ILJ that I threw it out... which makes her VERY mad.
So which way do I go?
Cheers,
Lavabe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 4th, 2009, 10:40 am

Lavabe wrote:

I do agree on that one. I just don't get the fuss over Lady Gaga. "Overall much better than last week" is damning with faint praise. Last week was horrible.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 4th, 2009, 10:43 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: I still have a bottle or two of the Schlafly Raspberry Hefe as well, but seem to recall that Lavabe found some in KY and didn't like it as well as last year's. I've liked both bottles that I had (better than the Wheach, in fact). Maybe there's a difference between batches or something?

Hef is kinda old...
:)) :)) took me a minute to get that one...
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 4th, 2009, 10:45 am

Lavabe wrote:So ILJ buys me a Culver's Pumpkin Frozen Custard. I LOVE pumpkin frozen custard. Given my cholesterol issues, I looked up the nutrition info on frozen custard and found out that the chocolate frozen custard has 88 mg of the stuff (29% of daily allowance). What should I do?

Thanks,
Lavabe
Pumpkin is a vegetable, right? :ymdevil:

Man, that reminds me: it's pumpkin pie concrete time at Ted Drewe's. I need to make a pilgrimage before I go to the doctor later this month and find out that my cholesterol is too high. Ymmm ... Ted Drewe's Pumpkin Pie Concrete.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:49 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

Thanks,
Lavabe
Pumpkin is a vegetable, right? :ymdevil:

Man, that reminds me: it's pumpkin pie concrete time at Ted Drewe's. I need to make a pilgrimage before I go to the doctor later this month and find out that my cholesterol is too high. Ymmm ... Ted Drewe's Pumpkin Pie Concrete.
I believe our resident cardiologist would say that you should do the Schlafly Pumpkin Ale, wait for the results, THEN get the Drewes.

However, if you DO pass by Drewes, see if they now have some sort of low cholesterol product. :ympray:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 4th, 2009, 10:49 am

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I still have part of a sixer of Wheach that I bought earlier in the summer. Figured I'd send it with him as well. Hopefully it'll end up at a Brunchgate. If I can't make it, I can at least send beer as a substitute! ;)
Still no pumpkin ale in the stores here , but we DO have the #15, Scotch Ale, and summer ale.

DEFINITELY hold onto the Wheach. We haven't figured out when to pass by St. Louis, as Legacy Lady has an upcoming tonsilectomy. We'll figure out something.
The Wheach is there and it's yours. Are you interested in O'Fallon and/or Schlafly Pumpkin Ale? Sounds like devildeac is interested in your being interested. :D Haven't gotten either yet and am intrigued with trying them. Will the Schlafly's show up in your neck of the woods?
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 4th, 2009, 10:53 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Still no pumpkin ale in the stores here , but we DO have the #15, Scotch Ale, and summer ale.

The Wheach is there and it's yours. Are you interested in O'Fallon and/or Schlafly Pumpkin Ale? Sounds like devildeac is interested in your being interested. :D Haven't gotten either yet and am intrigued with trying them. Will the Schlafly's show up in your neck of the woods?
I'm not into the OFallon pumpkin. I don't know if the Schlafly pumpkin will come here, but I assume it will. I mean, we have the Scotch Ale.

You should DEFINITELY try the Schlafly Pumpkin.

And of course, I DEFINITELY appreciate the Wheach that you have for me.

How's the Nikon holding up? Creve Coeur Camera?