Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 29th, 2009, 10:12 am

bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Umm, it's not even October yet, but most of the houses in my neighborhood have Halloween decorations (with lights) up. 8-x (~~)

There should be a law. :twocents:
I'm sure I will see Christmas trees in stores in the next week or so. K-mart and Roses usually are the earliest to put them up, and always before Halloween.
Target here already has Christmas stuff up.

%%-
Costco had Christmas candy out yesterday. Or was that Sam's Club? I was in both.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 29th, 2009, 10:20 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Costco had Christmas candy out yesterday. Or was that Sam's Club? I was in both.
Well, yea, Costco is already in full on Christmas mode. They've got out the ornaments, the trees, the decorations, the toys, but that's nothing new.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 29th, 2009, 10:24 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Costco had Christmas candy out yesterday. Or was that Sam's Club? I was in both.
Great, you give out candy canes to the trick-or-treaters.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 10:29 am

bjornolf wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Bjornolf - I still have the BBB coupon, let me know if you want me to swing by. You can take it back in and they will credit you. Also, how did the cake making go and what was it that you did for your wifey's birthday? :ymparty: :ymparty:
Hey, awesome, thanks man. Anytime, just let me know. I can swing by your place, too, if you just let me know when. And where. ;)

Her birthday went fine. I made pork tenderloin and gravy, her favorite, with fried squash, another favorite, and garlic mashed potatoes, and garlic bread, followed by the from scratch German Chocolate Cake. She enjoyed it, I think. Saturday evening, the in laws watched the kids while we did a little shopping in Old Town Alexandria, followed by dinner at Ruth's Chris up in Arlington. Oh, and I gave her a couple dozen roses. I think she had a good weekend for her birthday.

%%-
Bravo!!!! Nice job all around!!! I'll give ya a call this afternoon/evening.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 10:31 am

That's a thought!!! =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:, but I really liked DD's suggestion of trick or treating for a beer! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-bd :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 29th, 2009, 10:36 am

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 29th, 2009, 10:49 am

cl15876 wrote:
That's a thought!!! =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:, but I really liked DD's suggestion of trick or treating for a beer! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-bd :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
One of my favorite radio shows, which I grew up on here in this area (it was on for over 20 years!) got shuffled out in a format change (boo!). They'd send out one of their interns trick or treating for beer early in the afternoon (pulling a little red wagon) on Halloween for the last several years with a microphone. It was always a hysterical bit.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 11:06 am

cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:A friend sent this to me today...

You know that you should clean the outside of your computer screen every so often.
However, did you know that you're supposed to clean the inside of the screen, too?
Not many people know this or how to do it. So, here's a complementary cleaning.
Click here.
Love it!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) :-B :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-bd
I played this for my kids this past weekend and my son kept wanting me to clean the inside of my computer!!!! LOL =)) =)) =)) =))
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 29th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Some frackin' idiot sent an email to about 30 people requesting info. Instead of asking that the info be sent to the 3-4 people cc'd on the email, she told the group to reply to all with the info. Now I'm getting emails that I feel I need to open to make sure there isn't anything in it for me, then delete.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surrounded by idiots!
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 2:53 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Some frackin' idiot sent an email to about 30 people requesting info. Instead of asking that the info be sent to the 3-4 people cc'd on the email, she told the group to reply to all with the info. Now I'm getting emails that I feel I need to open to make sure there isn't anything in it for me, then delete.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surrounded by idiots!
I'll send you some more email if you'd like! :tease: I do understand, that makes me crazy also!!!! ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x( ;) :-* :ymhug: :-*
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 29th, 2009, 3:13 pm

cl15876 wrote: I'll send you some more email if you'd like! :tease: I do understand, that makes me crazie also!!!! ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x( ;) :-* :ymhug: :-*
Fixed.
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 29th, 2009, 4:40 pm

CellR wrote:
cl15876 wrote: I'll send you some more email if you'd like! :tease: I do understand, that makes me crazie also!!!! ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x( ;) :-* :ymhug: :-*
Fixed.
HA! :-B :))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 6:34 pm

CellR wrote:
Fixed.
HA! :-B :))
Graci-arsssss!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 29th, 2009, 8:59 pm

I'm sending out a request for the strongest shin kicks possible for my (thank the Lord) former boss. I did a PubMed search today and learned that the scumbag published a project I worked on and listed me in the acknowledgments . A big chunk of the project was my idea, and he listed me in the frakkin' acknowledgments. There's really nothing I can do other than be very angry and tell myself I should be sorry for someone who has to take credit for my ideas. I can also be very happy that I don't work for the jerk any more.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 29th, 2009, 9:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm sending out a request for the strongest shin kicks possible for my (thank the Lord) former boss. I did a PubMed search today and learned that the scumbag published a project I worked on and listed me in the acknowledgments . A big chunk of the project was my idea, and he listed me in the frakkin' acknowledgments. There's really nothing I can do other than be very angry and tell myself I should be sorry for someone who has to take credit for my ideas. I can also be very happy that I don't work for the jerk any more.
What a douchebag. Shin kicking away......
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 29th, 2009, 9:09 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm sending out a request for the strongest shin kicks possible for my (thank the Lord) former boss. I did a PubMed search today and learned that the scumbag published a project I worked on and listed me in the acknowledgments . A big chunk of the project was my idea, and he listed me in the frakkin' acknowledgments. There's really nothing I can do other than be very angry and tell myself I should be sorry for someone who has to take credit for my ideas. I can also be very happy that I don't work for the jerk any more.
I'm sending some shin kicks his way also. Bastard!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 9:09 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
I concur! Shin Kicking time, double shin kicking time!!!!! :-bd
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 29th, 2009, 9:09 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
I'm sending some shin kicks his way also. Bastard!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 29th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Shin kicks heading his way - and like with Miles' boss, they may end up a bit higher. You may not get to see it, but this will come back to bite him in the butt.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 9:12 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Shin kicks heading his way - and like with Miles' boss, they may end up a bit higher. You may not get to see it, but this will come back to bite him in the butt.
OMG, becareful not playing nice might be enjoyed!!!!! Bastards!!!!