LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » September 24th, 2009, 10:40 pm

According to Ben63's updates on the Facebook, he's somewhere in the midst of the G-20 protests in Pittsburgh right now. According to CNN.com, the protesters have just been tear gassed. Hope he's OK.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 24th, 2009, 11:23 pm

wilson wrote:According to Ben63's updates on the Facebook, he's somewhere in the midst of the G-20 protests in Pittsburgh right now. According to CNN.com, the protesters have just been tear gassed. Hope he's OK.
Power to him...Go Ben!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 24th, 2009, 11:29 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:According to Ben63's updates on the Facebook, he's somewhere in the midst of the G-20 protests in Pittsburgh right now. According to CNN.com, the protesters have just been tear gassed. Hope he's OK.
Power to him...Go Ben!
Well, now he's posting snide stuff about the conclusion of the South Cackalacky-Ole Miss game. Methinks he's fine.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 24th, 2009, 11:43 pm

Lavabe didn't play his Scrabble turn, and now I believe he's gone to bed.
BLAST.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » September 25th, 2009, 12:14 am

OK, I will edge over toward the PPB side and say this G-20 nonsense is getting me upset. Only a minority would qualify as "protesters". Most "demonstrators" will prove to be hooligans and wingnuts who have memorized a few trendy buzzwords and catchphrases. They protest "corporate capitalism", so the morons decide to vandalize a Subway shop that feeds mostly college kids and is probably operated by an immigrant family that all pitched in to scrape up the franchise fees. It's the same mob mentality that claims you get a free pass to set cars on fire if your team wins a national championship. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09266/1000288-53.stm

You have a peaceful and creative protest with a strong message, go for it. Props to Greenpeace for that sign they hung off the West End Bridge - that was very original. But if you're a criminal mob inflicting damage on my neighbors who never asked for this circus and are just trying to mind their own business, the police have my warm encouragement to use whatever force necessary to drive you back into whatever hole you crawled out from. And I might have to go back home to kick a few shins myself.

Rant over. I hope Ben stays safe.
piratesbanner.jpg
Greenpeace Protest!!
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 25th, 2009, 1:45 am

Turk wrote:
piratesbanner.jpg
Thanks Pittsburgh, you kept us from having the worst team in sports for many years.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 25th, 2009, 7:53 am

I'm protedting the slow delivery of my household goods.
And have you noticed how Ymmm, Beer isn't that dissimilar from YmoBeThere? But I don't drink much beer.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 25th, 2009, 7:55 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm protedting the slow delivery of my household goods..
Huh?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 25th, 2009, 8:00 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm protedting the slow delivery of my household goods.
And have you noticed how Ymmm, Beer isn't that dissimilar from YmoBeThere? But I don't drink much beer.
I'll also bet Ymm, Beer has way more hops than you do. :roll: ;) :D

Welcome back. Everything smooth so far with with the move/job transition?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 25th, 2009, 8:19 am

wilson wrote:Lavabe didn't play his Scrabble turn, and now I believe he's gone to bed.
BLAST.
You know, I have a sleep disorder, and the all-nighter of Tuesday/Wednesday is still affecting me.

I REALLY hate insomnia. Time to visit a doctor again.

I just moved. Maybe I'll crack 300. Ycch.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 25th, 2009, 8:21 am

Turk wrote:OK, I will edge over toward the PPB side and say this G-20 nonsense is getting me upset. Only a minority would qualify as "protesters". Most "demonstrators" will prove to be hooligans and wingnuts who have memorized a few trendy buzzwords and catchphrases. They protest "corporate capitalism", so the morons decide to vandalize a Subway shop that feeds mostly college kids and is probably operated by an immigrant family that all pitched in to scrape up the franchise fees. It's the same mob mentality that claims you get a free pass to set cars on fire if your team wins a national championship. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09266/1000288-53.stm
I strongly concur with you; I was mostly just hoping Ben63 was safe.
And your avatar remains the best one in the history of the interweb.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 25th, 2009, 8:21 am

Lavabe wrote:You know, I have a sleep disorder, and the all-nighter of Tuesday/Wednesday is still affecting me.

I just moved. Maybe I'll crack 300. Ycch.
Sorry, Lav; I didn't mean anything by it, other than wanting to get the final tally on this epic performance. ;)
Hope you slept well and I was a minimal annoyance.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 25th, 2009, 8:22 am

Welcome back... and PLEASE do something about your NASCAR picks. The deadline passed, and you have the same picks as last week... including JPM, whom you have used up all nine picks. Looks like you still have some good choices out there.
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 25th, 2009, 11:15 am

Lavabe wrote:
Welcome back... and PLEASE do something about your NASCAR picks. The deadline passed, and you have the same picks as last week... including JPM, whom you have used up all nine picks. Looks like you still have some good choices out there.
Cheers,
Lavabe
Thanks, I just checked as I now have internet access. Everyone once in a while, you have to take the dartboard approach.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 25th, 2009, 11:16 am

devildeac wrote:

So far so good, but they won't deliver my stuff until Monday morning. Which is at the end of the delivery window. C'est la vie!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » September 25th, 2009, 11:26 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:

So far so good, but they won't deliver my stuff until Monday morning. Which is at the end of the delivery window. C'est la vie!
How are the cats?
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 25th, 2009, 11:30 am

Lavabe wrote:
I have problems with insomnia too. The other day my doctor suggested that I take Melatonin as she has seen some good results with it. My brother also swears by it. I just started taking it last night so I won't be able to judge the results for a couple of days but hopefully it works. I also like the fact that is is more natural than other sleeping pills which I am generally loathe to take.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 25th, 2009, 11:33 am

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
I have problems with insomnia too. The other day my doctor suggested that I take Melatonin as she has seen some good results with it. My brother also swears by it. I just started taking it last night so I won't be able to judge the results for a couple of days but hopefully it works. I also like the fact that is is more natural than other sleeping pills which I am generally loathe to take.
I've heard good things about that too. I usually just use the old Irish method the few times I can't sleep... one nice stiff shot of bourbon. That's also the Irish cure for the common cold. Come to think of it, I think that's the Irish cure for just about anything.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles

Post by Miles » September 25th, 2009, 11:34 am

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
I have mixed feelings about melatonin and valerian. Neither have helped me for extreme bouts of insomnia, nothing does. Valerian seems to have help me relax a little and melatonin just flat out feels useless as a treatment. It has seemed to help curb the effects of jet lag if I take it in advance to mimic night time at my destination.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » September 25th, 2009, 11:36 am

bjornolf wrote:
colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
I've heard good things about that too. I usually just use the old Irish method the few times I can't sleep... one nice stiff shot of bourbon. That's also the Irish cure for the common cold. Come to think of it, I think that's the Irish cure for just about anything.

%%-
Alcohol is an insomniac's worst enemy. It has the exact opposite effect unless, of course, you drink enough to pass out. But then you're not really sleeping anyway and don't get the rest you so desperately need.
sMiles