LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Mannywood

Post by devildeac » May 7th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Sue71 wrote:Y'all have to go over to TOBY or TOWEL or whatever the hell acronym is being used today... hit the Manny on Drugs thread... read Mr. Jason Evans' post. ALL of it, including his sig. :-o :-o :-o
Yea, I read it. Now you go ahead and post something about "having a woodie" or having a large stick in your hand and see how quickly you'd get an infraction point... :oops:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » May 7th, 2009, 10:20 pm

bjornolf wrote:I'm surprised he didn't get censored for that one. I guess mods ARE immune over there. ;)

%%-
ding, ding, ding

The same mod who put a response in his poll that Earl Jam should get lucky in the bedroom as one of his birthday wishes yet I got infracted for hoping EJ could have a Hummer, a Happy Ending or a Donkey Punch for his birthday.

double, meet standard :roll:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 7th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Well, seems I'm in here all by my lonesome at the moment. Not even any guests around.
That is all.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 7th, 2009, 11:36 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I believe it's "The One We Enthusiastically Left". I still like TOBY, but it's probably cause I made it up. Ah, I guess my internet fame will have to wait another day. =((

%%-
I got mine coming up with clbunchofnumbers :lol: :lol: =)) =)) =)) =))
Funny how things stick! When I played ball, everyone used to call me CL! I didn't get the bunch of numbers suffix, obviously until much later! =)) :D
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 8th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Bump!
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 8th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Miles wrote:Bump!
... in the night? Wait, it's only late afternoon! :lol:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 8th, 2009, 6:24 pm

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I'm surprised he didn't get censored for that one. I guess mods ARE immune over there. ;)

%%-
ding, ding, ding

The same mod who put a response in his poll that Earl Jam should get lucky in the bedroom as one of his birthday wishes yet I got infracted for hoping EJ could have a Hummer, a Happy Ending or a Donkey Punch for his birthday.

double, meet standard :roll:
Yes, but didn't he post it on April 1? :)) =)) :ymdevil: :-o ;) [-x
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 8th, 2009, 7:34 pm

ahhh, just finished my wife's mothers' day dinner. She had a friend over, so we decided to do it tonight. I grilled some finely seasoned steaks and cobs of corn, made up my cheesy bacon garlic mashed potatoes, baked some cornbread, served up her favorite sparkling apple cider (she's not a wine drinker but loves sparkling cider) and made a key lime pie for dessert. The kids and I also gave her a large bunch of flowers in a vase, dominated by 15 giant gerber daisies, her favorite. The wife is happy, so I'm happy.

On Mothers' Day, I'm gonna make her other favorite, carnitas, which is good, but a lot less labor intensive.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 8th, 2009, 7:35 pm

bjornolf wrote:ahhh, just finished my wife's mothers' day dinner. She had a friend over, so we decided to do it tonight. I grilled some finely seasoned steaks and cobs of corn, made up my cheesy bacon garlic mashed potatoes, baked some cornbread, served up her favorite sparkling apple cider (she's not a wine drinker but loves sparkling cider) and made a key lime pie for dessert. The kids and I also gave her a large bunch of flowers in a vase, dominated by 15 giant gerber daisies, her favorite. The wife is happy, so I'm happy.

On Mothers' Day, I'm gonna make her other favorite, carnitas, which is good, but a lot less labor intensive.

%%-
Shouldn't you be eating at this moment?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 8th, 2009, 7:39 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
bjornolf wrote:ahhh, just finished my wife's mothers' day dinner. She had a friend over, so we decided to do it tonight. I grilled some finely seasoned steaks and cobs of corn, made up my cheesy bacon garlic mashed potatoes, baked some cornbread, served up her favorite sparkling apple cider (she's not a wine drinker but loves sparkling cider) and made a key lime pie for dessert. The kids and I also gave her a large bunch of flowers in a vase, dominated by 15 giant gerber daisies, her favorite. The wife is happy, so I'm happy.

%%-
Shouldn't you be eating at this moment?
I know, is that dedication to the CTN or what? ;)

Actually, we're early diners. We finished eating about 6:00, which was almost two hours ago. I'm even done with the dishes already.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 8th, 2009, 7:41 pm

And I already finished changing the baby's pooie diaper. It was a nasty one. There were a lot of raisins, and it smelled like hot garbage that had rotted. But I plowed through it for my baby (by that I mean my wife of course)! :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 8th, 2009, 9:28 pm

%%-
I've been doing lots of family cooking lately. This past Sunday was my grandfather's 92nd birthday(!), and we had his birthday dinner on Monday evening. I prepared fried chicken, creamed corn, Southern-style green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade cornbread and biscuits (well, OK, my mother contributed her biscuits and I just popped them in the oven), and a mixed berry cobbler, all for seven people. It didn't suck very much.

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday, and we did his dinner tonight. I made seafood tacos: tilapia fillets and shrimp, half blackened and half fried (half of the total, not half of each piece, that is), along with a plate of pan-seared scallops. Homemade bean and corn salsa, pico de gallo, mango salsa, and guacamole as toppings. My brother and his gf contributed southwestern cole slaw and layered brownies a la mode. This time, we had eight. Again, it went well. My grandpa (the 92 year-old) said the fried fish was the best he'd ever eaten (and trust me...that man has eaten a lot of fried fish).

Sunday, of course, is Mother's Day, and she's requested Eggs Benedict for brunch after church, so it'll be that with home fries and fresh fruit and cream as a light dessert.

After that, I'm done with family meals for a while...the next birthday on Dad's side is in August, and it's mine. My grandmother told me tonight, "We'll probably just take you out for your birthday." Mom's birthday is actually on June 4, and we may grill out for her, but I think I've had enough of these big productions for now.

So, to sum up... #:-s
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 8th, 2009, 11:38 pm

bjornolf wrote:And I already finished changing the baby's pooie diaper. It was a nasty one. There were a lot of raisins, and it smelled like hot garbage that had rotted. But I plowed through it for my baby (by that I mean my wife of course)! :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

%%-
WAAYYY TMI :oops: :roll:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 9th, 2009, 12:25 am

damn, we have a new post leader. wonder what the hell colchar is doing... :lol:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 9th, 2009, 1:10 am

bjornolf wrote:made up my cheesy bacon garlic mashed potatoes
Recipe please.
baked some cornbread

And for this as well.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 9th, 2009, 1:11 am

devildeac wrote:damn, we have a new post leader. wonder what the hell colchar is doing... :lol:

Shit, someone has taken the lead? First NASCAR and now this. Fuck, I guess I need to stop reading books and start posting.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 9th, 2009, 1:20 am

I'm back in the lead but will have to pay attention to the boards as my lead isn't nearly as big as it used to be. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of posting on the interwebs?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 9th, 2009, 6:27 am

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:damn, we have a new post leader. wonder what the hell colchar is doing... :lol:

Shit, someone has taken the lead? First NASCAR and now this. Fuck, I guess I need to stop reading books and start posting.
Don't forget... they are racing Saturday Night at Darlington. Maybe we'll see CL bunchonumbers at the start/finish line. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » May 9th, 2009, 4:21 pm

I want Wilson to come cook for me! :) (Bjornolf, you're married w/ kids, so probably harder for you to come out to the Left Coast on a moment's notice. :D)

Plus, then, I could introduce Wilson to one of my girlfriends - tall (5'11"), smart (we got our MBAs together), Scandanavian, single. ;))
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 9th, 2009, 5:40 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I want Wilson to come cook for me! :) (Bjornolf, you're married w/ kids, so probably harder for you to come out to the Left Coast on a moment's notice. :D)

Plus, then, I could introduce Wilson to one of my girlfriends - tall (5'11"), smart (we got our MBAs together), Scandanavian, single. ;))

Hmm, I think I know who that is...