LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 23rd, 2009, 12:10 am

colchar wrote:Alright, so I'm back and y'all have hardly filled any pages here. WTF?!? I am so disappointed in all of you :(
I believe everyone shut the hell up out of respect for you and your travels. Something about not wanting to read through "20 pages". So we were good and only left 2. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 23rd, 2009, 12:11 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
colchar wrote:Alright, so I'm back and y'all have hardly filled any pages here. WTF?!? I am so disappointed in all of you :(
I believe everyone shut the hell up out of respect for you and your travels. Something about not wanting to read through "20 pages". So we were good and only left 2. :D

I expected everyone to live up to Windsor's promise of thirty-odd pages!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 23rd, 2009, 1:05 am

Paging Sue!!!!!
Why have you not posted in 5 days? Last I checked Vegas had internet!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 23rd, 2009, 1:05 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Paging Sue!!!!!
Why have you not posted in 5 days? Last I checked Vegas had internet!
Which = hurry back, we miss you!
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » September 23rd, 2009, 1:53 am

CellR wrote:Somehow I have to get certified to dive this fall -- before Christmas break. I have no idea how I'll do that because I know for a fact I can't do one of the regular classes. Maybe I can get a private class during the weekends... Or at least the weekends I can do it during.
CellR,

Find your closest diving establishment, and see what they recommend. Chances are, an instructor can work with you to come up with whatever schedule can fit with yours.

If they are a PADI agency (Professional Association of Diving Instructors - a common certification agency worldwide; SSI and NAUI are two other schools of instruction,) for a beginner "Open Water" certification, there are a couple options that you should especially consider. The first is, PADI now offers its education portion via online training. This reduces a fair amount of time spent in class.

Second, you'll have to do 4 pool/confined water dives and 4 open water dives for your cert; depending on your instructor and your options when you go on vacation, you can do the pool dives where you are, and the open water dives at your resort/travel destination.

Lastly, just FYI, you may be able to get school credit for your cert/class. Might want to ask. At the very least, it'd look good on college apps. :)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 23rd, 2009, 8:17 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
CellR wrote:Somehow I have to get certified to dive this fall -- before Christmas break. I have no idea how I'll do that because I know for a fact I can't do one of the regular classes. Maybe I can get a private class during the weekends... Or at least the weekends I can do it during.
CellR,

Find your closest diving establishment, and see what they recommend. Chances are, an instructor can work with you to come up with whatever schedule can fit with yours.

If they are a PADI agency (Professional Association of Diving Instructors - a common certification agency worldwide; SSI and NAUI are two other schools of instruction,) for a beginner "Open Water" certification, there are a couple options that you should especially consider. The first is, PADI now offers its education portion via online training. This reduces a fair amount of time spent in class.

Second, you'll have to do 4 pool/confined water dives and 4 open water dives for your cert; depending on your instructor and your options when you go on vacation, you can do the pool dives where you are, and the open water dives at your resort/travel destination.

Lastly, just FYI, you may be able to get school credit for your cert/class. Might want to ask. At the very least, it'd look good on college apps. :)
Welcome back, DA. Where ya been?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 23rd, 2009, 8:26 am

Hey, DD, what's with the VIP below your rank? Is that cause you're number 1 amongst the post whores, the king? If that were the case, I think everybody in the top 10 should get a VIP, and you should get MIP, for Most Important Poster, or better yet, MPP, for Most Prolific Poster. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 23rd, 2009, 8:34 am

bjornolf wrote:Hey, DD, what's with the VIP below your rank? Is that cause you're number 1 amongst the post whores, the king? If that were the case, I think everybody in the top 10 should get a VIP, and you should get MIP, for Most Important Poster, or better yet, MPP, for Most Prolific Poster. ;)

%%-
You'll have to ask CB&B about that one as I have/had nothing to do with the designation. I noticed it when I hit #3000, PM'ed CB&B and he mumbled something about board software features. I honestly thought it meant Very Impressive Pinhead, Vastly Impotent Prognosticator or something in that line of thinking...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 23rd, 2009, 10:10 am

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Hey, DD, what's with the VIP below your rank? Is that cause you're number 1 amongst the post whores, the king? If that were the case, I think everybody in the top 10 should get a VIP, and you should get MIP, for Most Important Poster, or better yet, MPP, for Most Prolific Poster. ;)

%%-
You'll have to ask CB&B about that one as I have/had nothing to do with the designation. I noticed it when I hit #3000, PM'ed CB&B and he mumbled something about board software features. I honestly thought it meant Very Impressive Pinhead, Vastly Impotent Prognosticator or something in that line of thinking...
mumblemumblemumble
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 23rd, 2009, 11:04 am

ATTN: Miles-please check your PM ;) :D
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » September 23rd, 2009, 11:49 am

devildeac wrote:Welcome back, DA. Where ya been?
Thanks, DD.

I was on vacation for the first two weeks of the month, pretty much without internet access the whole time. It was delightful. When I got back, I decided I spent too much time online. This place is pretty high-traffic, and I just wasn't able to keep up, so I just stopped for awhile.

I did search for "devilAlumna*" and saw there was a SCUBA question to me, so figured I could at least respond to that. :)

Looks like the inmates are still running the asylum here. :D

(* The board wouldn't let me search on DA. :()
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 23rd, 2009, 1:09 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
CellR,

Thanks a ton! I'm going to call about diving lessons whenever I get these applications done (or at least mostly done). Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, because I REALLY want to be able to dive. I don't want to be stuck snorkeling with the girls on our trip! :Boo:
Class of 2014
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » September 23rd, 2009, 1:10 pm

devildeac wrote:ATTN: Miles-please check your PM ;) :D
I did, and it's a fantastic idea! You should say something along the lines: "We should have a thread about...."
sMiles
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 23rd, 2009, 1:25 pm

Miles wrote:
I did, and it's a fantastic idea! You should say something along the lines: "We should have a thread about...."

You guys want to share whatever the fantastic idea is? Either that or switch to PMs....
I don't like secrets :-q :-q :Boo: :Boo:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Miles

Post by Miles » September 23rd, 2009, 1:34 pm

windsor wrote:
Miles wrote:

You guys want to share whatever the fantastic idea is? Either that or switch to PMs....
Hint hint: All you need to do is say something along the lines: "We should have a thread about...."
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 23rd, 2009, 1:37 pm

We should have a thread about dots.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 23rd, 2009, 1:39 pm

windsor wrote:You guys want to share whatever the fantastic idea is? Either that or switch to PMs....
I'm with windsor. Boo, innuendo, boo.
Miles

Post by Miles » September 23rd, 2009, 1:44 pm

wilson wrote:
windsor wrote:You guys want to share whatever the fantastic idea is? Either that or switch to PMs....
You two are taking all the fun out of pwing. :(( :))
sMiles
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 23rd, 2009, 1:55 pm

Miles wrote:
wilson wrote:
You two are taking all the fun out of pwing. :(( :))
am not.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 23rd, 2009, 1:57 pm

Miles wrote:
You already started it. ;) :D