LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » September 21st, 2009, 6:50 pm

I'm sending vibes for Colchar's great aunt. O:-)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 21st, 2009, 6:52 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'm sending vibes for Colchar's great aunt. O:-)
Me too. Hope all's OK, colchar.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 21st, 2009, 7:27 pm

colchar wrote:I'm outa here for a couple of days. I'm heading to Mom and Dad's to help Dad cut and pile some firewood (he's too old now to do it by himself but doesn't seem to get that so I have to go and literally take the chainsaw out of his hands) and the relatives I stay with in Scotland are here (visiting a Great Aunt who has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer) so they will be at Mom and Dad's tomorrow before they fly back home (living ten minutes from the airport makes it extra easy for relatives to drop by!). I won't have any web access while I'm gone but will be back on the interwebs Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Enjoy PWing while I'm gone and please don't go nuts and leave me with twenty pages to read through in this thread when I return ;)
Colchar, have a great trip. Kudos to you for helping your dad with the firewood. That can be a fun job - my sibs and I have done that as a group before. Fall weather is great for outside jobs like cutting and piling firewood.

So sorry to hear about your Great Aunt's diagnosis. A very dear friend and former colleague passed away from pancreatic cancer a few years ago. It's a truly horrible disease. I always think of him when working on our pancreatic cancer project at work, and now I'll add your Great Aunt to the list. I'll send vibes when I work on the project, which is quite often these days.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 21st, 2009, 7:38 pm

Holy bejabbers, this chili is good. I must say, I've really honed my craft over the years. Possibly my finest effort.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 7:42 pm

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Are Sue and DA talking to each other after this weekend's USC loss to the Dawgs?

Say... where are Sue and DA? Is everything okay?

Hope all's well,
Lavabe
Sue's facebook said 'Vegas Baby' over the weekend...so I'm thinking she is pursuing her career as a showgirl...
I'm sure she will have her piggy tails in full glory! I love em' and she knows it! She just plays hard arssh too much!!!! 8-} (*) (*) :)) :)) :))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 21st, 2009, 7:42 pm

wilson wrote:Holy bejabbers, this chili is good. I must say, I've really honed my craft over the years. Possibly my finest effort.
Now I'm hungry for chili! You're going to post the recipe, right?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 7:44 pm

colchar wrote:I'm outa here for a couple of days. I'm heading to Mom and Dad's to help Dad cut and pile some firewood (he's too old now to do it by himself but doesn't seem to get that so I have to go and literally take the chainsaw out of his hands) and the relatives I stay with in Scotland are here (visiting a Great Aunt who has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer) so they will be at Mom and Dad's tomorrow before they fly back home (living ten minutes from the airport makes it extra easy for relatives to drop by!). I won't have any web access while I'm gone but will be back on the interwebs Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Enjoy PWing while I'm gone and please don't go nuts and leave me with twenty pages to read through in this thread when I return ;)
Colchar - good for YOU!!! I do the same for my dad who thinks he can do all that manly stuff also!!!! Travel safe and vibes and prayers to your Great Aunt from VA!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 7:45 pm

windsor wrote:

We would never have a post storm without you and leave you twenty pages behind... :liar:
(thirty maybe, twenty ... never)
Windsor, I like that nose!!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =))
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 21st, 2009, 7:46 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:Holy bejabbers, this chili is good. I must say, I've really honed my craft over the years. Possibly my finest effort.
I've posted it on the DBArr! :Pirate: before, but will be sure to get it on here, too.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 7:49 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I went apple picking with the boys yesterday. That means, of course, that sometime this week I will be baking an apple pie. It's a shame none of you will be around to taste it.
Yumm, those are the BEST!!!! I've made one with fresh ground flour and it was YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My address is ... .well, PM for shipment purposes and I'll share! :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 7:51 pm

Then we must have a recipe post... ahem, :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 7:53 pm

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I've posted it on the DBArr! :Pirate: before, but will be sure to get it on here, too.
DBArrrr???? You two timing US? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :Pirate:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 21st, 2009, 8:04 pm

cl15876 wrote:DBArrrr???? You two timing US? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :Pirate:
Dude, it was at least a year ago. The last time I posted there was almost four months ago, following a referral from here.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 8:12 pm

wilson wrote:
cl15876 wrote:DBArrrr???? You two timing US? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :Pirate:
Dude, it was at least a year ago. The last time I posted there was almost four months ago, following a referral from here.
Well, I am HAPPY that YOU JUST POSTED IT AGAIN for us illiterates!!!! :)) :)) :-B
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 21st, 2009, 8:23 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I went apple picking with the boys yesterday. That means, of course, that sometime this week I will be baking an apple pie. It's a shame none of you will be around to taste it.
Ship it down to Brunchgate! Or better yet, bring it with you!!!!!!!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 8:29 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Ship it down to Brunchgate! Or better yet, bring it with you!!!!!!!
I'll second that! After you send ME my personal one!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 21st, 2009, 8:33 pm

It is raining. LOTS. Not drowning in Atlanta like Wilson lots, but lots. And I have to step outside now and then to check on my brewing. I'm gonna give it some rain related name.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 21st, 2009, 8:35 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:It is raining. LOTS. Not drowning in Atlanta like Wilson lots, but lots. And I have to step outside now and then to check on my brewing. I'm gonna give it some rain related name.
Washout Wheat.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 21st, 2009, 8:36 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:It is raining. LOTS. Not drowning in Atlanta like Wilson lots, but lots. And I have to step outside now and then to check on my brewing. I'm gonna give it some rain related name.
Please DO NOT CALL IT .... "the DRIPS" :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 21st, 2009, 8:47 pm

wilson wrote:
Washout Wheat.
oooooooh...we have a leader.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.