LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 16th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I've found some pictures on my own. Here's my short list. From ESPN: Erik Allen, Michael Smith, and Jon Gruden. From CBS: Bill Cowher and maybe Shannon Sharpe. Does Craig James still do a show? If so, he's on the list. That's it. Six is way more than enough. I'll probably drop Shannon Sharpe.

And Honor, I'm not putting Mike Golic on my list but I won't give you a hard time, he does have a certain teddy bear quality to him.
Bill Cowher lives in Raleigh. Just thought you'd want to know... ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 16th, 2009, 9:27 pm

I'm on vacation this week (technically more of a staycation) and am using the time to get back into the habit of working out. It started raining on me when I tried to ride my bike, so I've been going the Wii route: a combo of Wii Sports (tennis and baseball), Wii Fit, and EA Sports Personal Trainer. I've worked out at least twice over the past couple of days and am hoping to get in the habit of working out first thing in the morning before going to work.

On a related note, the EA Sports Personal Trainer program rocks. It's Wii Balance Board compatible, for any of you who have Wii Fit and want some more variety. There are an increasing number of programs that are compatible with the Balance Board - I saw a Pilates one today. Does anyone else have recommendations on good workout programs for the Wii?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I've found some pictures on my own. Here's my short list. From ESPN: Erik Allen, Michael Smith, and Jon Gruden. From CBS: Bill Cowher and maybe Shannon Sharpe. Does Craig James still do a show? If so, he's on the list. That's it. Six is way more than enough. I'll probably drop Shannon Sharpe.

And Honor, I'm not putting Mike Golic on my list but I won't give you a hard time, he does have a certain teddy bear quality to him.
BD - BE cautious of Craigs list! I would say out of your pics, that Bill Cowher might be the one!!!! I've always thought he was VERY cool, and Craig (hmm....) .... but I've NEVER THOUGHT OF DOING EITHER, but they may possibly be doable (remember they have to play wide receiver! :oops: :D ) Well, you and I (maybe just me) but WE need to have some more drinks to start drafting the others in your line up........!!! Just saying.... NOT GONE THERE.... EVER!!!! :oops: ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 9:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:"quote="wilson""Well, I've crossed over. When I walk into Caribou, they just get my drink without asking now.
I've read eight books and counting since about 10 a.m. Monday."/quote"
Wow, Wilson; that's pretty impressive. You probably don't even have time for a Scrabble game with all that reading!
Not really...I've been trying to cut my internet time down across the board.
I'll likely jinx myself by saying this, but I'm winning a game against Shammrog right now. The game is titled, "ImaFingSoreLoser;" he challenged me to this game when I beat him in the last one. Don't know if I can be lucky enough to win against Shammrog twice in a row. I was ahead of Lavabe, but he came back and won in the end. Maybe I need to challenge him to another 4-person game. He loves those. :D
Lavabe is TRICKEY LIKE THAT!!! Try M/W dictionary, he loves that game!!! ;) :D
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 16th, 2009, 9:37 pm

(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
Nitey-nite ya'll!
Was that Southern redneck enough?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 16th, 2009, 9:40 pm

cl15876 wrote:

BD - BE cautious of Craigs list! I would say out of your pics, that Bill Cowher might be the one!!!! I've always thought he was VERY cool, and Craig (hmm....) .... but I've NEVER THOUGHT OF DOING EITHER, but they may possibly be doable (remember they have to play wide receiver! :oops: :D ) Well, you and I (maybe just me) but WE need to have some more drinks to start drafting the others in your line up........!!! Just saying.... NOT GONE THERE.... EVER!!!! :oops: ;)
I think you just went there.
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 9:46 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

I think you just went there.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: 8-} 8-} 8-} Damn, digging my way out of this hole.... Oops :oops: :oops: :oops:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 16th, 2009, 10:00 pm

I believe I'll be staying outta this one...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 16th, 2009, 10:41 pm

UGH! We tied 2-2 tonight, after 20 minutes of overtime. I got a yellow card for doing pretty much NOTHING, and the guy that ran into me from behind (after the play was over, and after he pushed me back to the ground while I was getting up) got one as well. I was so ready to rock him during overtime, I'm pretty sure he was trying to set up to beat me 1v1 the entire time, which basically removed him from being a threat. I didn't get a chance, which might have been a good thing. We scored in the last 2 minutes, but the ref made a BS offsides call. I try not to blame the ref too much, but the ones tonight absolutely blew. They were terrible.

UGH.
At least we played extremely well/hard for the last 40-50 minutes of the game (better than we have all season).
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 16th, 2009, 10:45 pm

DukePA wrote:
CellR wrote:So tomorrow I'm going to talk/interview (Kind of informal) with a distant/not too distant family friend about getting her to write me a recommendation. She is a radiologist, graduated from Duke, sent four kids to Duke (and one daughter to Yale, who is currently playing field hockey there), and is first in her MBA class at Yale... Good gracious. I hope she likes me! I don't think I've seen her in four or five years.

Send me some vibes, please! :D
Sending many, many vibes ((((((((
It went decent, she's writing one for me!
Luckily she is a family friend, otherwise it might have been kind of awkward. She isn't the easiest person to talk to.
Anyways, bedtime!
Class of 2014
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 17th, 2009, 5:03 am

cl15876 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'll likely jinx myself by saying this, but I'm winning a game against Shammrog right now. The game is titled, "ImaFingSoreLoser;" he challenged me to this game when I beat him in the last one. Don't know if I can be lucky enough to win against Shammrog twice in a row. I was ahead of Lavabe, but he came back and won in the end. Maybe I need to challenge him to another 4-person game. He loves those. :D
BONes: May I use TRICKEY to bingo you? ;)

I've actually hit a bad run of tiles against Shamm. If I see another 7 vowel hand, I will scream. He will win two consecutive games against me. I think he must have met with some important SCRABBLE officials while down in Columbia.

I'm in a fun end game with BONes.

Is there anything worse than mistakenly entering a word in the chat instead of in the dictionary? :ymblushing:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 17th, 2009, 8:45 am

Lavabe wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'll likely jinx myself by saying this, but I'm winning a game against Shammrog right now. The game is titled, "ImaFingSoreLoser;" he challenged me to this game when I beat him in the last one. Don't know if I can be lucky enough to win against Shammrog twice in a row. I was ahead of Lavabe, but he came back and won in the end. Maybe I need to challenge him to another 4-person game. He loves those. :D
BONes: May I use TRICKEY to bingo you? ;)

I've actually hit a bad run of tiles against Shamm. If I see another 7 vowel hand, I will scream. He will win two consecutive games against me. I think he must have met with some important SCRABBLE officials while down in Columbia.

I'm in a fun end game with BONes.

Is there anything worse than mistakenly entering a word in the chat instead of in the dictionary? :ymblushing:
That is annoying, isn't it? Especially when it's not a word. :oops:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » September 17th, 2009, 9:15 am

CellR wrote:UGH! We tied 2-2 tonight, after 20 minutes of overtime. I got a yellow card for doing pretty much NOTHING, and the guy that ran into me from behind (after the play was over, and after he pushed me back to the ground while I was getting up) got one as well. I was so ready to rock him during overtime, I'm pretty sure he was trying to set up to beat me 1v1 the entire time, which basically removed him from being a threat. I didn't get a chance, which might have been a good thing. We scored in the last 2 minutes, but the ref made a BS offsides call. I try not to blame the ref too much, but the ones tonight absolutely blew. They were terrible.

UGH.
At least we played extremely well/hard for the last 40-50 minutes of the game (better than we have all season).
My Dad earned a yellow card for my entire team, which I wasn't even aware was possible. Opposing team player kicks ball out of bounds, ball is headed far far far out of bounds until my Dad jumps in front of the ball and saves it. He then hands it to one of the guys on my team at which point the referee, quite curtly, informs my father not to touch the ball and get out of the way. He then takes the ball from our player and hands it to the other team. My dad was livid and let the guy know. He whistled my dad, drew out the old dreaded yellow card and threw it in his face.

My coach just laughed. What else could we possibly do at that point?
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 17th, 2009, 9:28 am

Miles wrote:
CellR wrote:UGH! We tied 2-2 tonight, after 20 minutes of overtime. I got a yellow card for doing pretty much NOTHING, and the guy that ran into me from behind (after the play was over, and after he pushed me back to the ground while I was getting up) got one as well. I was so ready to rock him during overtime, I'm pretty sure he was trying to set up to beat me 1v1 the entire time, which basically removed him from being a threat. I didn't get a chance, which might have been a good thing. We scored in the last 2 minutes, but the ref made a BS offsides call. I try not to blame the ref too much, but the ones tonight absolutely blew. They were terrible.

UGH.
My Dad earned a yellow card for my entire team, which I wasn't even aware was possible. Opposing team player kicks ball out of bounds, ball is headed far far far out of bounds until my Dad jumps in front of the ball and saves it. He then hands it to one of the guys on my team at which point the referee, quite curtly, informs my father not to touch the ball and get out of the way. He then takes the ball from our player and hands it to the other team. My dad was livid and let the guy know. He whistled my dad, drew out the old dreaded yellow card and threw it in his face.

My coach just laughed. What else could we possibly do at that point?
Ahh, soccer referees, I just loved 'em. What an anus...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 17th, 2009, 1:41 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Is there anything worse than mistakenly entering a word in the chat instead of in the dictionary? :ymblushing:
Or especially when you don't use the letters in your next word, so that the opponent knows what you have.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 17th, 2009, 2:34 pm

I need to get moving southbound! I am missing my girl!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: ;;) ;;) ;;) :-* :-* :-* :-* ;) @};- @};- @};-
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 17th, 2009, 2:36 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Is there anything worse than mistakenly entering a word in the chat instead of in the dictionary? :ymblushing:
Or especially when you don't use the letters in your next word, so that the opponent knows what you have.
And i thought you were giving ME an inside TIP!!!! :-$ :-$ :-$ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ 8-| 8-| 8-| 8-| ;)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 17th, 2009, 6:49 pm

cl15876 wrote:I need to get moving southbound! I am missing my girl!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: ;;) ;;) ;;) :-* :-* :-* :-* ;) @};- @};- @};-
Hurry up! But drive safely! :x
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 17th, 2009, 6:50 pm

I wonder if throaty read all of the posts on the LTE during his drive-by today. :-?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 17th, 2009, 7:45 pm

CathyCA wrote:I wonder if throaty read all of the posts on the LTE during his drive-by today. :-?
Haha, he's probably still working on it if he did/is.

P.S. Right now you have 1337 posts. For all of you non-computer nerds it means "leet", derived from the word "elite".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet
Class of 2014