Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 6:22 pm

CellR wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CellR wrote:"quote="devildeac""Test :

Image"/quote"
Is this a secret message?
No.

I have no clue how to post photos so I am having my older daughter help me as I prepare for "the milestone" in a few minutes. I hope you and the rest of CT approve ;) :D . Stay tuned....
Ahh. I thought it was a test for us!
I like this hat! I have one also!!!!! :-bd
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 16th, 2009, 6:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I met Capt. Mojo today.
I know you call a Captain, ... Captain, but did you get his first name? Does he look like his avatar? If so, how does he get those curls? :D Did you ask?
His first name is Captain, and he looks just like his avatar!
Really, you met captmojo today? Cool!
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 16th, 2009, 6:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I met Capt. Mojo today.
I know you call a Captain, ... Captain, but did you get his first name? Does he look like his avatar? If so, how does he get those curls? :D Did you ask?
His first name is Captain, and he looks just like his avatar!
How cool! Is he related to the Crunches?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 16th, 2009, 6:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
cl15876 wrote:YAY Christian!!!! Quite an achievement!!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

Sorry to hear about Buttwipe's reaction for his own son's accomplishment!!!! You're a Great MOM and obviously, Christian has gotten his brilliance from his mother!!!!!

Keep the faith my dear! Vibes and prayers for You and Christian's success on the SAT, all the rest will work out!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
That is cool, vibes to him. I remember doing that way back when. I wonder how long DUke has done that, I was in 7th grade lord knows how long ago. I remeber after taking the SAT's (although I think they were the PSAT's taht we took) thinking "crap, I gotta take this damn test again one day!"
Yea, I took it in the 7th grade in 1988 for the John's Hopkins CTY program. I remember how bummed I was at only scoring a 900. I remember thinking that was the worst I'd ever done on a test. My parents made me feel better by telling me that a lot of high school seniors hoping for sports scholarships to colleges would have killed for that score.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 6:47 pm

bjornolf wrote:
cl15876 wrote:YAY Christian!!!! Quite an achievement!!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

Sorry to hear about Buttwipe's reaction for his own son's accomplishment!!!! You're a Great MOM and obviously, Christian has gotten his brilliance from his mother!!!!!

Keep the faith my dear! Vibes and prayers for You and Christian's success on the SAT, all the rest will work out!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
That is cool, vibes to him. I remember doing that way back when. I wonder how long DUke has done that, I was in 7th grade lord knows how long ago. I remeber after taking the SAT's (although I think they were the PSAT's taht we took) thinking "crap, I gotta take this damn test again one day!"
Yea, I took it in the 7th grade in 1988 for the John's Hopkins CTY program. I remember how bummed I was at only scoring a 900. I remember thinking that was the worst I'd ever done on a test. My parents made me feel better by telling me that a lot of high school seniors hoping for sports scholarships to colleges would have killed for that score.

%%-
Gosh, Joe, that was a sucky score!!!!! :D :oops: :roll:
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » September 16th, 2009, 7:31 pm

OK, one of the Pop/Rock radio stations in Boston just switched to sports talk. It's one of my regular buttons so I've started listening to it on the drive home. This has been going on for about a month and I have yet to hear a female caller. Today they were discussing the incident after Monday night's game where apparently Tom Brady didn't give Suzy Kolber much of a post-game interview. They spent a couple of minutes discussing this without much to say then one of them said that the really important question is whether or not Suzy Kolber is 'doable'.

So, here's my plan, I'm going to call in tomorrow with a list of male sportscasters who are 'doable'. Whaddya think? My only problem is I stopped watching the NFL Today type shows a few years ago. I still watch a lot of football but I don't know who all the studio guys are anymore. Can you CrazieTalkers help me out? I'm off to CBSSportsline but I need pictures, people, pictures.

And if you think this isn't a good idea, please tell me.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 16th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Bostondevil wrote:OK, one of the Pop/Rock radio stations in Boston just switched to sports talk. It's one of my regular buttons so I've started listening to it on the drive home. This has been going on for about a month and I have yet to hear a female caller. Today they were discussing the incident after Monday night's game where apparently Tom Brady didn't give Suzy Kolber much of a post-game interview. They spent a couple of minutes discussing this without much to say then one of them said that the really important question is whether or not Suzy Kolber is 'doable'.

So, here's my plan, I'm going to call in tomorrow with a list of male sportscasters who are 'doable'. Whaddya think? My only problem is I stopped watching the NFL Today type shows a few years ago. I still watch a lot of football but I don't know who all the studio guys are anymore. Can you CrazieTalkers help me out? I'm off to CBSSportsline but I need pictures, people, pictures.

And if you think this isn't a good idea, please tell me.
I know I'm going to get heckled, and you probably will to if you share this, but I think Mike Golic is "doable".
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 16th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Bostondevil wrote: They spent a couple of minutes discussing this without much to say then one of them said that the really important question is whether or not Suzy Kolber is 'doable'.
That's pretty sad. What I want to know is what ever happened to "The Sport's Babe"? She was great, I used to listen to her show all the time. I think her show was an ESPN production, I know she was based in Conn. I don't know if she was "doable", but her show was well done, and it was nice having a woman host.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » September 16th, 2009, 7:46 pm

I've found some pictures on my own. Here's my short list. From ESPN: Erik Allen, Michael Smith, and Jon Gruden. From CBS: Bill Cowher and maybe Shannon Sharpe. Does Craig James still do a show? If so, he's on the list. That's it. Six is way more than enough. I'll probably drop Shannon Sharpe.

And Honor, I'm not putting Mike Golic on my list but I won't give you a hard time, he does have a certain teddy bear quality to him.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 16th, 2009, 7:56 pm

Bostondevil wrote:And Honor, I'm not putting Mike Golic on my list but I won't give you a hard time, he does have a certain teddy bear quality to him.
Why am I not surprised? I'm going to have a heart attack and die from not surprise. ;) ;)

Mark Schlereth is totally doable!
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » September 16th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Bostondevil wrote: They spent a couple of minutes discussing this without much to say then one of them said that the really important question is whether or not Suzy Kolber is 'doable'.
That's pretty sad. What I want to know is what ever happened to "The Sport's Babe"? She was great, I used to listen to her show all the time. I think her show was an ESPN production, I know she was based in Conn. I don't know if she was "doable", but her show was well done, and it was nice having a woman host.
Oh I remember her. She is now the (was co) host (along with Brantley, of "Brantley and the Babe") on WHBO. The program airs during drive time and can be heard through Internet radio on the station's website. Oddly enough, Brantley was laid off, thus giving the sports babe her own show!
knights68

Post by knights68 » September 16th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Bostondevil wrote: So, here's my plan, I'm going to call in tomorrow with a list of male sportscasters who are 'doable'.
In the fine tradition of equality....

Doable female sportscasters....
http://gmoneysack.blogspot.com/2007/02/ ... sters.html
A nice article... guys, d you agree, disagree or have your own additions? Perhaps we should have a separate thread?
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 16th, 2009, 8:27 pm

You wouldn't want to 'do' the Babe. It'd be like doing your Grandma. Uggh.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 16th, 2009, 8:32 pm

Yeah. Met Cathy today. Roads to the Greenville area are much improved over what one once had to put up with.

I don't know that I'd be too sure about that avatar similarity.
I'd be a good lookin' dude if my toenails and eyelashes weren't in reverse places.
Every time I blink it goes "click, click'.
When I take off my socks, my feet are winking. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 8:33 pm

TillyGalore wrote:... And if you think this isn't a good idea, please tell me.

I know I'm going to get heckled, and you probably will to if you share this, but I think Mike Golic is "doable".
Tilly, I won't heckle, but I am thinking NOT SO MUCH!!!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 8:35 pm

captmojo wrote:Yeah. Met Cathy today. Roads to the Greenville area are much improved over what one once had to put up with.

I don't know that I'd be too sure about that avatar similarity.
I'd be a good lookin' dude if my toenails and eyelashes weren't in reverse places.
Every time I blink it goes "click, click'.
When I take off my socks, my feet are winking. :D
hey, did she tell you hey from BONE MAN? :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 16th, 2009, 8:35 pm

I'm incredibly tired. 2121 pages in three days, plus a session facilitating elementary kids' fellowship at church tonight.
I'm on track to nail 16 books and about 4000 pages this week. Following completion of the last book, around lunchtime Saturday, I will be next to the television until Sunday's conclusion.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 8:36 pm

knights68 wrote:
Bostondevil wrote: So, here's my plan, I'm going to call in tomorrow with a list of male sportscasters who are 'doable'.
In the fine tradition of equality....

Doable female sportscasters....
http://gmoneysack.blogspot.com/2007/02/ ... sters.html
A nice article... guys, d you agree, disagree or have your own additions? Perhaps we should have a separate thread?
Marvin, I'll have what she has!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: Damn, .... You got me!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 16th, 2009, 8:37 pm

wilson wrote:I'm incredibly tired. 2121 pages in three days, plus a session facilitating elementary kids' fellowship at church tonight.
I'm on track to nail 16 books and about 4000 pages this week. Following completion of the last book, around lunchtime Saturday, I will be next to the television until Sunday's conclusion.
and how many books, and what happened last night, and what was for dessert? :-? :-? :-? :-?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 16th, 2009, 8:39 pm

cl15876 wrote:
wilson wrote:I'm incredibly tired. 2121 pages in three days, plus a session facilitating elementary kids' fellowship at church tonight.
and how many books, and what happened last night, and what was for dessert? :-? :-? :-? :-?
8 books so far this week, no comment, no comment.