Brunchgate 10/24 Edition: Social Comments

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate 10/24 Edition: Social Comments

Post by devildeac » October 26th, 2009, 12:40 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I haven't seen an official review of Miles's fabulous chili!!! I have several chili recipes of my own I've collected in my 49 years of cooking. I find now that I must tweak one of them to include his smokey tomatoes! That was truly ingenious. I also took note of how you worked with the meat.....not ground but in those fine little chunks. Great job! I hope you win your contest with this entry, Miles. Thanks so much for sharing.
Love, Ima
You were there and didn't have any? WHAT? Shame on you... :roll:

I had about 1/2 a large drinking cup of it and thought it was fabulous, along with the brisket, tenderloin, cakes, salads, beers, etc. ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » October 26th, 2009, 1:27 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I haven't seen an official review of Miles's fabulous chili!!! I have several chili recipes of my own I've collected in my 49 years of cooking. I find now that I must tweak one of them to include his smokey tomatoes! That was truly ingenious. I also took note of how you worked with the meat.....not ground but in those fine little chunks. Great job! I hope you win your contest with this entry, Miles. Thanks so much for sharing.
Love, Ima
I'm really glad you enjoyed it! That was about 3 cups of smoked tomato puree, and about 8 pounds of meat. I used four large tomatoes, halved then smoked for 45 minutes. Hope that helps!

It was wonderful to meet everyone. Many beers, mimosas, and aqua fresca were consumed along with a platefuls of goodies. I am fairly certain that we had the most kickass tent and food. Hope I can make it back for the Wake Forest game.
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 26th, 2009, 1:58 pm

Miles wrote:
Love, Ima
I'm really glad you enjoyed it! That was about 3 cups of smoked tomato puree, and about 8 pounds of meat. I used four large tomatoes, halved then smoked for 45 minutes. Hope that helps!

It was wonderful to meet everyone. Many beers, mimosas, and aqua fresca were consumed along with a platefuls of goodies. I am fairly certain that we had the most kickass tent and food. Hope I can make it back for the Wake Forest game.
We all hope so, too!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 26th, 2009, 2:30 pm

It was great to meet you Miles! And the chili was kickass. LOVED the smokiness.
-- DukeUsul
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 26th, 2009, 9:35 pm

devildeac wrote:I thought this gathering was the best ever with 3 tents, multiple courses of foodstuffs and the opportunity to make a buncha new friends. I think there are folks who attended, briefly though it may have been, that I did not even have the opportunity to meet. A really fine morning, afternoon and early evening event. And the FF and BB were not too bad either. ;) :D
DD, I agree, but I got to meet your OTHER daughter, much to my surprise! OMG..... she loved my cooking! Ya know the way to a woman's heart is .... but she was told to stay away from Wilson, what was that about? I reintroduced her, but she loved my Brocolli salad and I guess felt safe with me, since I was soooo OLD!!!!!!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 26th, 2009, 9:37 pm

Miles wrote:
Love, Ima

It was great meeting you & I agree with everyone else. The chili was awesome. I hope you do make it back for the Wake game. I also think we must have the best brunchgates going. GO DUKE!!!!
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 26th, 2009, 9:41 pm

DukeUsul wrote:It was great to meet you Miles! And the chili was kickass. LOVED the smokiness.
MILES, I loved your chilli's!!!! Damn, it was subtle but potent!!!! YUMMY, coupled with wilson's jalapeno corn bread and regular corn bread! YUMM, YUMM, YUMMMMY!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 27th, 2009, 7:34 am

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:I thought this gathering was the best ever with 3 tents, multiple courses of foodstuffs and the opportunity to make a buncha new friends. I think there are folks who attended, briefly though it may have been, that I did not even have the opportunity to meet. A really fine morning, afternoon and early evening event. And the FF and BB were not too bad either. ;) :D
DD, I agree, but I got to meet your OTHER daughter, much to my surprise! OMG..... she loved my cooking! Ya know the way to a woman's heart is .... but she was told to stay away from Wilson, what was that about? I reintroduced her, but she loved my Brocolli salad and I guess felt safe with me, since I was soooo OLD!!!!!!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Wilson was told to stay away from her. I was protecting #1 daughter of devildeac.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 27th, 2009, 11:02 am

TillyGalore wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Wilson was told to stay away from her. I was protecting #1 daughter of devildeac.
:ymapplause: ^:)^
Thank you.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 27th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Tomorrow @ 6:00, on Fox Sports South, is the show "This Week in ACC Football". "ACC All -Access" is on Thursday @ 6:00. One of those two is the show the brunchgate was filmed for. I asked the sound guy, and he said All-Access, but it wouldn't suprise me if they use shared footage. Ozzie was interviewed while grilling his brisket. They also had us hollering into the camera during the Devil Walk..so keep an eye out
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 27th, 2009, 7:29 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Tomorrow @ 6:00, on Fox Sports South, is the show "This Week in ACC Football". "ACC All -Access" is on Thursday @ 6:00. One of those two is the show the brunchgate was filmed for. I asked the sound guy, and he said All-Access, but it wouldn't suprise me if they use shared footage. Ozzie was interviewed while grilling his brisket. They also had us hollering into the camera during the Devil Walk..so keep an eye out
Stevo is setting is setting the DVR! Thanks for the heads-up, dude!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 27th, 2009, 7:31 pm

DukePA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Tomorrow @ 6:00, on Fox Sports South, is the show "This Week in ACC Football". "ACC All -Access" is on Thursday @ 6:00. One of those two is the show the brunchgate was filmed for. I asked the sound guy, and he said All-Access, but it wouldn't suprise me if they use shared footage. Ozzie was interviewed while grilling his brisket. They also had us hollering into the camera during the Devil Walk..so keep an eye out
Stevo is setting the DVR! Thanks for the heads-up, dude!
Cool...I have no way of recording it. :ymapplause:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 27th, 2009, 8:48 pm

DukePA wrote:
Stevo is setting is setting the DVR! Thanks for the heads-up, dude!
I've set mine too! Thanks!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 27th, 2009, 10:18 pm

Thanks CBAB, I'll set mine when I get back to Efland.