Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 26th, 2009, 4:34 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:One drawback about the new location is without a vehicle parked next to the tent, there is no power for a tv. Which means no watching the holes lose while we eat.
I am pretty sure one of our cars will be near the tent.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 26th, 2009, 5:25 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:One drawback about the new location is without a vehicle parked next to the tent, there is no power for a tv. Which means no watching the holes lose while we eat.
You're an engineer, you figger out how we can use a battery/generator/power source for a TV. You can't spell or be grammatically correct with any reliable frequency ( :oops: :roll: ;) :)) ), so you should be able to come up with a solution for this dilemma.
Don't count on me for an electrical solution OR a high degree of grammatical reliability either, I'm just a plumber...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 26th, 2009, 6:17 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
You're an engineer, you figger out how we can use a battery/generator/power source for a TV. You can't spell or be grammatically correct with any reliable frequency ( :oops: :roll: ;) :)) ), so you should be able to come up with a solution for this dilemma.
Don't count on me for an electrical solution OR a high degree of grammatical reliability either, I'm just a plumber...
Ozzie's so smart. I'm sure he can think of something. Maybe run a power cord from his house. :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 26th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: I am pretty sure one of our cars will be near the tent.
Ozzie's so smart. I'm sure he can think of something. Maybe run a power cord from his house. :))
Don't give him any ideers... :oops: :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 26th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Not to be overlooked is the fact fact that the television must be equipped with a digital tuner.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » August 26th, 2009, 9:04 pm

captmojo wrote:Not to be overlooked is the fact fact that the television must be equipped with a digital tuner.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Bring a satellite dish. That's how the true tailgaters do it. I can take pics at the my first game this year if you want.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 26th, 2009, 9:23 pm

captmojo wrote:Not to be overlooked is the fact fact that the television must be equipped with a digital tuner.
I bought one of those converters (using the gov'ts coupon) "just in case" I ever needed it. It needs 120 VAC to run, but it could be plugged into whatever we're powering the TV with, IF we are powering the TV with AC.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 26th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Bring a satellite dish. That's how the true tailgaters do it. I can take pics at the my first game this year if you want.
Come to think of it, TNTdevil had a satellite dish last year at the brunchgates.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 26th, 2009, 9:26 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
Come to think of it, TNTdevil had a satellite dish last year at the brunchgates.
Yup, it was awesome once we found the signal. He can tell you about that nightmare.
I was thinking if it's local a regular digital tv should pick it up if the antennae is built in to it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » August 27th, 2009, 10:39 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Yup, it was awesome once we found the signal. He can tell you about that nightmare.
I was thinking if it's local a regular digital tv should pick it up if the antennae is built in to it.
Yes, I have, and will be bringing, the good old DirecTV back for the '09 season. (F/R/T, it was somewhat of a nightmare but, it had mainly to do with several causes, mainly related to DirecTV not "recognizing" my receiver.) I'll not have that problem this year as I fully intend to have it "activated" prior to the Richmond tailgate. Then the only issue will be finding the signal. Which we discovered is greatly simplified once you have an "active" receiver. :o

Also, I'm considering investing in a small, portable generator to power our entertainment and possibly a fan during our tailgates.

OANN, I'm not backing away from the brisket but, to do so I'm gonna' have to be in the lot about 9am unless we want to eat at half-time :shock: ! Ozzie, how early will they let me into the Card Gym lot?
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 27th, 2009, 11:12 am

TNTDevil wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Yup, it was awesome once we found the signal. He can tell you about that nightmare.
Yes, I have, and will be bringing, the good old DirecTV back for the '09 season. (F/R/T, it was somewhat of a nightmare but, it had mainly to do with several causes, mainly related to DirecTV not "recognizing" my receiver.) I'll not have that problem this year as I fully intend to have it "activated" prior to the Richmond tailgate. Then the only issue will be finding the signal. Which we discovered is greatly simplified once you have an "active" receiver. :o

Also, I'm considering investing in a small, portable generator to power our entertainment and possibly a fan during our tailgates.

OANN, I'm not backing away from the brisket but, to do so I'm gonna' have to be in the lot about 9am unless we want to eat at half-time :shock: ! Ozzie, how early will they let me into the Card Gym lot?
I have sent an email asking about 9 a.m. entry.

On another note, Bob Green plans to join our Brunchgate on 10/24! He will win the prize for the longest distance traveled! =))

TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » August 27th, 2009, 11:17 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: I have sent an email asking about 9 a.m. entry.

On another note, Bob Green plans to join our Brunchgate on 10/24! He will win the prize for the longest distance traveled! =))
Day-umm, that means... we're INTERNATIONAL!
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 27th, 2009, 11:21 am

9 a.m. is a go!
Yes that's no problem, we will be setting up at 9
Ymm Brisket!

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 27th, 2009, 11:25 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:

I have sent an email asking about 9 a.m. entry.

That's great! I cannot wait to meet him!
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » August 27th, 2009, 11:32 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:9 a.m. is a go!
Ymm Brisket!
You are the MAN!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 27th, 2009, 11:33 am

TNTDevil wrote:
Ymm Brisket!
You are the MAN!
I try!

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2009, 3:56 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: On another note, Bob Green plans to join our Brunchgate on 10/24! He will win the prize for the longest distance traveled! =))
Soo cool! Really looking forward to meeting him.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 27th, 2009, 5:10 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: On another note, Bob Green plans to join our Brunchgate on 10/24! He will win the prize for the longest distance traveled! =))
Soo cool! Really looking forward to meeting him.
In my PM conversation with him, I told him that there were many who looked forward to meeting him!

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2009, 5:22 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
Ymm Brisket!
You are the MAN!
Here's what I can do. Since TNT is now making this officially a brunchgate by being there insanely early 8-} I'll head out from the beach earlier, hit the lots, drop off my stuff, see if TNT needs anything, and then go see my dad. Then I'll be back to the lots early afternoon.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » August 28th, 2009, 6:59 am

An offer.... and a challenge

Count me in for BG 9.5!! And to add to the menu (and added stickiness) I am gonna bring some BBQ drummettes! With hot sauce on the side for those who wish to partake! Everyone ok with that? I may include/substitute ribs, I hadn't decided yet. Maybe we should vote? who is for what??
Chicken wings/drummetts OR Ribs?

Un Challenge...
A particular German beer I am fond of. Haven't a clue to the whole name, I just know it starts with "S" and it like 15 letters in the name! First learned of it last year via my uncle.
Anyone find something close to that, pick us up 6, would ya? I am fairly certain the beer enthusiasts will enjoy! (I'll reimburse ya).