How do you like your eggs?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

How do you like your eggs?

Fried (Sunnyside Up, Over Easy, Medium, Hard)
42%
Scrambled
32%
Omelette (What do you like in it?)
21%
Boiled (Soft, Semi-soft, Hard)
5%
Poached
No votes
Coddled
No votes
Shirred
No votes

Total votes: 19
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: How do you like your eggs?

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 11:00 am

devildeac wrote:Well, this morning it was scrambled on a Hardee's sausage biscuit with their new cinnamon donut holes, pineapple-orange juice, milk and a shade under a full cuppa joe. My wife suggested that I post what I ate for breakfast this AM. No, really... :oops: :roll: :))
Those Holes are evil bastards, aren't they? =p~
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 11:13 am

captmojo wrote:
devildeac wrote:Well, this morning it was scrambled on a Hardee's sausage biscuit with their new cinnamon donut holes, pineapple-orange juice, milk and a shade under a full cuppa joe. My wife suggested that I post what I ate for breakfast this AM. No, really... :oops: :roll: :))
Those Holes are evil bastards, aren't they? =p~
I made sure to remind my wife I was referring to donut holes and NOT the other kinda 'holes...

You are correct, sir, they are evil bastards, among many other mentionable and/or unmentionable names... :)) :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 11:20 am

It must be mentioned that they call them "Biscuit Holes".
Damn, they're tasty.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
weezie
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by weezie » August 16th, 2009, 11:23 am

Just got back from family week at the beach, and although it is of no interest to anyone but me, I absolutely loathe eggs. Always have, always will. Shirred, glopped, scrambled, smelly yucky eggs.
A terrible affliction that causes others to recoil in horror, it's true. :ymsick:
I'm considered a pretty good cook but have to leave the room if one of the 'gang of weezie' decides it is time to break out the omelets. I'm also renowned for running away from those stuffed eggs that people bring to picnics. Food poisoning on a platter if you ask me.... :o
Just reading this thread is making me feel queasy.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 16th, 2009, 11:36 am

captmojo wrote:It must be mentioned that they call them "Biscuit Holes".
Damn, they're tasty.
I saw them advertised and thought to myself "That don't make no sense!". Will McDonald's start selling McMuffin holes?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 16th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Do you like the A-holes or B-holes better?
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 6:03 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Do you like the A-holes or B-holes better?
ANYTHING's better than a T-hole. :oops: :roll: :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » August 16th, 2009, 6:06 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Do you like the A-holes or B-holes better?
ANYTHING's better than a T-hole. :oops: :roll: :)) =))
QFE
-- DukeUsul
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 8:30 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:"quote="YmoBeThere""I have an omelette at dinner time everyonce in a while. Because as everyone knows, real men don't eat quiche."/quote"

Ha! Haven't heard that for a while...
=)) =)) =)) =)) Real men eat what is served (when they aren't cooking apparently), but don't TELL!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) Gosh that sounded SOO shovenist!!!!! Sorry ladies, I didn't mean it like that! :ymblushing: Our secret, but I actually like Quiche, but don't let DD know! :D ;)
I'd still like ya BONES even if I saw/heard about you eating some quiche ;) . My wife has the recipe for a couple good ones and will create one every couple months or so.
Well, I don't want to create marital disharmony, but Joy or yourself need to start posting those babies on the recipe thread! I just can't get mine right and ya know, Wilson keeps fixing breakfast for all his "friends", but just won't reveal his fixings!!!! =)) But as creative as I can be, I would love a keeper or two recipe that I can repeat and repeat and repeat!!!!!! Pleezzzzzzzzz! :ympray: P.S. Not that I have any issues with cooking anytime of the day, something always works out!!!! :ymblushing: :D
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 17th, 2009, 8:53 am

Lavabe wrote:
cl15876 wrote:I have to be VERY CAREFUL when making eggs for my son, he will not eat any scrambled eggs that have "BROWN" on them! =)) =)) =)) =))
Evidently, my daughter is not unique. :ymblushing:
Both your children love the eggs done "right". I like them loose, or shiny but I'll take em firm and well done too.
sMiles
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 17th, 2009, 10:41 am

cl15876 wrote: I have to be VERY CAREFUL when making eggs for my son, he will not eat any scrambled eggs that have "BROWN" on them! =)) =)) =)) =)) Talk about a pain in the ARSSSSSSS!!!!! ;)
The key is to cook them on medium low to medium heat, then cut the heat just a minute or two before they're done cooking. They'll keep cooking on their own and be perfectly fluffy.
I think eggs can be deceptively difficult to cook well.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2009, 12:39 pm

cl15876 wrote: I have to be VERY CAREFUL when making eggs for my son, he will not eat any scrambled eggs that have "BROWN" on them! =)) =)) =)) =)) Talk about a pain in the ARSSSSSSS!!!!! ;)
You could always make him ribbon eggs. He might like those better. That's how my grandmother and then my mom used to make them. Basically, you crack the egg open into the pan, but you wait until the egg is almost sunny side up to break the yolk. Then you just mix them as you cook instead of really "scrambling" them. You end up with scrambled eggs with "ribbons" of white and yolk running through. It's pretty hard to burn those unless you try. They taste different than regular scrambled, but I always thought they were pretty good. Instead of a hodge-podge of egg flavor, you can taste the difference between the yolk and white sections.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 17th, 2009, 1:56 pm

I don't really like eggs that much in general. I eat scrambled eggs on trips at camp just because that, and bacon, are all we have to eat for breakfast. Something about the smell turns me off.
Class of 2014
Miles

Post by Miles » August 17th, 2009, 3:34 pm

wilson wrote:I think eggs can be deceptively difficult to cook well.
It is not unheard of for restaurants/chefs to test someone's skills by asking them to prepare a simple egg.
sMiles
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Miles wrote:
wilson wrote:I think eggs can be deceptively difficult to cook well.
It is not unheard of for restaurants/chefs to test someone's skills by asking them to prepare a simple egg.
Interesting! I love Eggs Benedict and the poaching can also be a little tricky not to mention getting the Hollandaise sauce just right!!!! But with a little care and attention, OMG, it is heavenly!!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 3:45 pm

bjornolf wrote:
You could always make him ribbon eggs. He might like those better. That's how my grandmother and then my mom used to make them. Basically, you crack the egg open into the pan, but you wait until the egg is almost sunny side up to break the yolk. Then you just mix them as you cook instead of really "scrambling" them. You end up with scrambled eggs with "ribbons" of white and yolk running through. It's pretty hard to burn those unless you try. They taste different than regular scrambled, but I always thought they were pretty good. Instead of a hodge-podge of egg flavor, you can taste the difference between the yolk and white sections.

%%-
I might try this on him, but if it doesn't look right to him, he won't eat it! =)) =)) =)) =)) This almost sounds like a fried egg so to speak... they are quick between two pieces of toast and maybe some cheese and/or tomatoes and down the hatch it goes.... yummy!