Prayers needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Prayers needed

Post by DukieInKansas » August 21st, 2009, 12:43 pm

Sue - I hope Uncle Yucky is feeling better and less of a Crankypants.

Still sending vibes and prayers your way. And a couple of :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 21st, 2009, 8:41 pm

Howzit goin'?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 21st, 2009, 8:51 pm

Sue, Still sending vibes. How goes it?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 22nd, 2009, 9:04 am

Still vibing for you, Uncle 'Crankypants' Yucky and the whole family. Aren't you headed home soon?

Sending hugs and good thoughts :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » August 22nd, 2009, 12:20 pm

Thanks again all. I head home tonight. Well as home as an empty apartment can be. I have to deal with that this coming week.

Not sure how I feel about leaving. Will post more tomorrow.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 12:32 pm

Sue71 wrote:Thanks again all. I head home tonight. Well as home as an empty apartment can be. I have to deal with that this coming week.

Not sure how I feel about leaving. Will post more tomorrow.
Another :ymhug: or two for good measure. Hang in there, Sue.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 12:51 pm

Sue, you've been through so much in the past month or two. (((HUGS))) to you, my friend.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 22nd, 2009, 1:14 pm

Add my hugs and vibes to the constant CTN love coming your way :ymhug: :ymhug: Give Chloe a big hug from us too. Now it's time for you to concentrate on you. Take some time to induldge yourself in whatever makes you smile. You have more than earned a break.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 22nd, 2009, 2:53 pm

DukePA wrote:Add my hugs and vibes to the constant CTN love coming your way :ymhug: :ymhug: Give Chloe a big hug from us too. Now it's time for you to concentrate on you. Take some time to induldge yourself in whatever makes you smile. You have more than earned a break.
Well that's kind of the problem. I'm back into the fire (at work) as soon as I'm back. :(

My mom said that 2009 has not been a good year for me. Hmmm, duh. My dad said all the shit started happening once I moved to Pasadena.

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs...
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 22nd, 2009, 3:01 pm

Sue71 wrote:
DukePA wrote:Add my hugs and vibes to the constant CTN love coming your way :ymhug: :ymhug: Give Chloe a big hug from us too. Now it's time for you to concentrate on you. Take some time to induldge yourself in whatever makes you smile. You have more than earned a break.
Well that's kind of the problem. I'm back into the fire (at work) as soon as I'm back. :(

My mom said that 2009 has not been a good year for me. Hmmm, duh. My dad said all the shit started happening once I moved to Pasadena.

In that case, I am prescribing at least 2 hours per week and an additional 15 minutes per day in which you are only allowed to do things you enjoy. If you don't, you're grounded young lady :D !!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 4:30 pm

Sue71 wrote:

I saw those signs a few months before I found my current job. Here's hoping that a great opportunity presents itself soon! (That is, assuming you want to leave SoCal.)

My sister and I had a Life Can't Suck Like This Forever Club several years ago. I think you have more than met the criteria to join.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 22nd, 2009, 4:37 pm

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 22nd, 2009, 6:09 pm

Sue71 wrote:

Sometimes the events of life can make us feel like doors slamming us in the face at every turn. Take a deep breath, step back and look at what's going on in your life. It may sound trite, but those slamming doors may blow open a window. A turning point can be a good thing........

DukePA has prescribed that you do something for yourself that brings a smile. You've got friends right here ready to help you when you see that window open.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 23rd, 2009, 8:37 am

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

I had a 2007 that sucked on a cosmic level. It seemed like every timed I turned around it was something. It shall pass...really...promise

In the mean time...hugs and vibes to you and your family
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 23rd, 2009, 10:05 am

We sure do kid ourselves into thinking we control things. But, sooner or later each of us comes to the realization that life is a crap shoot. So we might as well stop wasting all that energy trying to cling to some things and resist others. The only thing we CAN count on is the fact the everything changes sooner or later. Everything....the good and the bad.

I have found that keeping a journal has been invaluable in keeping me from going off the deep end. I write most every night and at the end of each entry I quickly list list five things I'm grateful for. Sometimes its simply something like soap and water, or maybe a smile someone gave me that day.(Various Crazietalkers are listed frequently, I might add.) Other times I can list something super, like a marvelous accomplishment by a grandson or the fact that my husband and I found our way back to each other after an argument. Reading back over all the entries of ups and downs when times are really tough is like watching time lapse photography and shows me how transient everything in life is and reminds me of all my blessings at the same time.

Gratitude is the key. It will calm you and get you through.
Love, Ima
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 23rd, 2009, 10:12 am

PS Deep down inside you know that you really do have everything you really need right now. It's all going to be alright.
Love, Ima
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 23rd, 2009, 11:16 am

Sue,

Prayers and vibes continue from Kansas. May peace find its way to you so that you can start knocking obnoxious fire related tasks off you list. May you be surprised with how others stepped in and handled things while you were off work tending to more important things. And if you need a few shin kicks sent someone's way, just let us know. The group stands ready to kick on your behalf!

DinK
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 23rd, 2009, 11:18 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:We sure do kid ourselves into thinking we control things. But, sooner or later each of us comes to the realization that life is a crap shoot. So we might as well stop wasting all that energy trying to cling to some things and resist others. The only thing we CAN count on is the fact the everything changes sooner or later. Everything....the good and the bad.

I have found that keeping a journal has been invaluable in keeping me from going off the deep end. I write most every night and at the end of each entry I quickly list list five things I'm grateful for. Sometimes its simply something like soap and water, or maybe a smile someone gave me that day.(Various Crazietalkers are listed frequently, I might add.) Other times I can list something super, like a marvelous accomplishment by a grandson or the fact that my husband and I found our way back to each other after an argument. Reading back over all the entries of ups and downs when times are really tough is like watching time lapse photography and shows me how transient everything in life is and reminds me of all my blessings at the same time.

Gratitude is the key. It will calm you and get you through.
Love, Ima
Ima, you are a blessing! I couldn't have said it any better. You have much wisdom. Vibes to you and to Sue.

On the bright side, Sue, this particular year will give you a whole new perspective. Don't be surprised to find yourself looking back in the future and saying, "I made it through 2009; I can make it through anything!"
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 23rd, 2009, 11:18 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Sue,

Prayers and vibes continue from Kansas. May peace find its way to you so that you can start knocking obnoxious fire related tasks off you list. May you be surprised with how others stepped in and handled things while you were off work tending to more important things. And if you need a few shin kicks sent someone's way, just let us know. The group stands ready to kick on your behalf!

DinK
What DinK said! :D
-- Albert Einstein
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 23rd, 2009, 9:42 pm

Home, or at least back in Pasadena in my empty apartment.

At least Chloe missed me.