Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Moral Support Needed

Post by Bostondevil » August 13th, 2009, 3:50 pm

Not to worry. I didn't.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 13th, 2009, 4:37 pm

windsor wrote:A trip now there is plan....hmmm....where to go where to go...

So far (second cup of coffee) day 2 is better than day 1....I was surfing the web yesterday reading about quitting - one site had a list of things people did or said to get through the cravings - found one that has been working "having a cigarette will NOT make this easier - it will only make me want ANOTHER cigarette" that's what worked when I found an unopened pack in my car yesterday afternoon - I'm still kinda sorry I winged them out the window (yeah...litter...shame on me - had to take advantage of the moment of will power while I could)
You definitely get a pass on littering. Good job!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Good job Windsor! Another day is almost in the books - early vibes for tomorrow!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 14th, 2009, 8:49 am

DukePA wrote:
I felt bad throwing them out like that, but I knew I had a short window of willpower before the brain went to "well we can keep these just in case you....you could only have one....half a one...etc etc) I think the saving grace was that it was unopened. If it had been an open pack - don't know that I wouldn't have grabbed one -

Day 3 - not so bad so far - getting itsy bit easier each day. The first day NOT smoking was pretty much my all consuming thought - yesterday there were periods of time when I didn't think about it - hopefully today there will be more of those. I've added a walk around the campus in the morning and afternoon - only takes me 10-15 minutes but it gets me away from the desk for a few.

Busy weekend ahead - all non smoking activities (not by design it just worked out like that) I haven't been home much since I quit - don't know how it will be when I'm 'one with the remote' instead of going here there and everywhere

Thanks for the continuing vibes guys - you don't know how many times I've gone back and read some of them when I've been craving a cigarette. You guys just rock \m/ :-bd \m/ :-bd \m/
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 14th, 2009, 8:55 am

You can do it, Windsor! Positive energy for another day! :ymapplause: :-bd
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 14th, 2009, 8:56 am

windsor wrote:
DukePA wrote:

Busy weekend ahead - all non smoking activities (not by design it just worked out like that) I haven't been home much since I quit - don't know how it will be when I'm 'one with the remote' instead of going here there and everywhere

Thanks for the continuing vibes guys - you don't know how many times I've gone back and read some of them when I've been craving a cigarette. You guys just rock \m/ :-bd \m/ :-bd \m/
Yes, I 'll give you a pass for littering this time too. I was once waiting at a stop light and the person in front of me dropped their finished burning butt out the window. I got out of my car, picked it up and flicked it back into their car and said "the road is NOT your ashtray". The look of surprise on his face was amazing, and then he scrambled to find the still burning butt in the car before it burned a hole in the seat or carpet. Priceless! And he didn't pull out a gun and shoot me, although if he had one I think he would have... so I don't recommend this tactic to others.

Windsor, be sure to have your coats washed or dry cleaned (whichever is appropriate) to get the smoke smell out of them before you wear them. I know your in Florida, so it might be a while before you wear them, but if not washed the stench in them will overwhelm you and either make you crave a smoke or nauseate you.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 14th, 2009, 9:00 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Windsor, be sure to have your coats washed or dry cleaned (whichever is appropriate) to get the smoke smell out of them before you wear them. I know your in Florida, so it might be a while before you wear them, but if not washed the stench in them will overwhelm you and either make you crave a smoke or nauseate you.
This is great advice, was thinking of recommending this, then saw Ozzie's post. Though I tested out the cigs in high school, 20+ years ago,every once in a while I get a craving. Having clean coats, clothes, house, etc, will likely reduce the cravings for you.

Sorry I missed yesterday, was very busy. Freekin' work gets in the way of CTN and it doesn't make me happy. Any hoo, this isn't about me.

Hope things go well for you today. Sending anti-smoking vibes to you today.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 14th, 2009, 10:31 am

windsor wrote:
DukePA wrote:
I felt bad throwing them out like that, but I knew I had a short window of willpower before the brain went to "well we can keep these just in case you....you could only have one....half a one...etc etc) I think the saving grace was that it was unopened. If it had been an open pack - don't know that I wouldn't have grabbed one -

Day 3 - not so bad so far - getting itsy bit easier each day. The first day NOT smoking was pretty much my all consuming thought - yesterday there were periods of time when I didn't think about it - hopefully today there will be more of those. I've added a walk around the campus in the morning and afternoon - only takes me 10-15 minutes but it gets me away from the desk for a few.

It may take a while, but I promise the cravings will become the equivalent of subconscious sighs. That's what I have. Once in a while I'll think, "it would be nice to have a cigarette," then the thought quickly evaporates.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 14th, 2009, 11:44 am

DukePA wrote:It may take a while, but I promise the cravings will become the equivalent of subconscious sighs. That's what I have. Once in a while I'll think, "it would be nice to have a cigarette," then the thought quickly evaporates.
Well put. From time-to-time, I want a cigarette. It's not always, and the cravings aren't very bad at all, but I do have my moments. I'm quite happy to say it's pretty damn easy to say no. You'll get there too windsor and it's a rewarding feeling when you do.
:ymhug:
sMiles
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 14th, 2009, 2:33 pm

Miles wrote:
DukePA wrote:It may take a while, but I promise the cravings will become the equivalent of subconscious sighs. That's what I have. Once in a while I'll think, "it would be nice to have a cigarette," then the thought quickly evaporates.
Well put. From time-to-time, I want a cigarette. It's not always, and the cravings aren't very bad at all, but I do have my moments. I'm quite happy to say it's pretty damn easy to say no. You'll get there too windsor and it's a rewarding feeling when you do.
I'm hoping I get there sooner rather than later. Just moments ago I was saved by a Jolly Rancher candy. Apple. YUM. whew. That was close.
Fortunately I went trolling the aisles at work for hard candy not for the smokers I know who might have to to spare.

Must get bag of Jolly Rancher sugar free...forgotten how good those things are - and unlike tic tac they last a while.

I'll drag out my coats and get them cleaned (or wash them) - never thought about those things I hardly wear. I've been smother my car in frebreeze to try and kill the odor. It seems to be helping.

...and day three marches on...
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 14th, 2009, 2:35 pm

windsor wrote:
Miles wrote:
I'm hoping I get there sooner rather than later. Just moments ago I was saved by a Jolly Rancher candy. Apple. YUM. whew. That was close.
Fortunately I went trolling the aisles at work for hard candy not for the smokers I know who might have to to spare.

Must get bag of Jolly Rancher sugar free...forgotten how good those things are - and unlike tic tac they last a while.

I'll drag out my coats and get them cleaned (or wash them) - never thought about those things I hardly wear. I've been smother my car in frebreeze to try and kill the odor. It seems to be helping.

Think about how many currant FANTAs you could buy with the money that would otherwise be spent on ciggies. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 14th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Lavabe wrote:Think about how many currant FANTAs you could buy with the money that would otherwise be spent on ciggies. :D
and how many plane tickets to fly somewhere that the sell currant FANTA!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 14th, 2009, 4:11 pm

windsor wrote:I'm hoping I get there sooner rather than later. Just moments ago I was saved by a Jolly Rancher candy. Apple. YUM. whew. That was close.

Yay!!!! You overcame a MAJOR hurdle. You should celebrate, but not with a cigarette. ;)
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 14th, 2009, 4:25 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:I'm hoping I get there sooner rather than later. Just moments ago I was saved by a Jolly Rancher candy. Apple. YUM. whew. That was close.

Yay!!!! You overcame a MAJOR hurdle. You should celebrate, but not with a cigarette. ;)

Can't celebrate with a drink either...I started drinking and smoking at the same time...they go together...I KNOW I couldnt' pass on the cigarettes wtih a drink in my hand....chocolate on the other hand is probably safe :))
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 14th, 2009, 4:31 pm

windsor wrote:Can't celebrate with a drink either...I started drinking and smoking at the same time...they go together...I KNOW I couldnt' pass on the cigarettes wtih a drink in my hand....chocolate on the other hand is probably safe :))
Now there is a reward. A decadent piece of chocolate cake.

Can my kitties send you vibes too?

Love,
Tilly "the bleeding heart CAT person" Galore
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 14th, 2009, 8:42 pm

Sending you strong vibes for a relaxing smoke-free weekend.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 14th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Delayed vibes to you! I'm so happy you're quitting. Sooooo important. Such a great thing for you and your family. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 14th, 2009, 11:36 pm

congrats on day 3!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 15th, 2009, 9:13 am

Good morning and continued good luck on Day 4.

Georgia the Wonderdog is doing a frenzied sprint around the house right now. If you were doing agility training with her, you'd be glad you've given up the smokes. She is WAY fast right now. I wonder if we can get her some training. :o3
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 15th, 2009, 10:10 am

Congrats on day 3.

Good luck on day 4.

Kitties are all laying down. There isn't much sprinting in this house.