College?!?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: College?!?

Post by Rolvix » November 5th, 2009, 6:05 pm

Now that everything is submitted... Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhh (sigh of relief).
I have to call my interviewer back! He left me a message today. I'm nervous about that one.
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 5th, 2009, 6:14 pm

Rolvix wrote:Now that everything is submitted... Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhh (sigh of relief).
I have to call my interviewer back! He left me a message today. I'm nervous about that one.
Ask DukeUsul what you might be expecting..what he looks for in an interview. He just did a couple.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 5th, 2009, 6:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Rolvix wrote:Now that everything is submitted... Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhh (sigh of relief).
Ask DukeUsul what you might be expecting..what he looks for in an interview. He just did a couple.
I did :D (on DBR). He PM'd me some great information!
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 6th, 2009, 8:02 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
CellR wrote:Just applied to Wake Forest!!!

A Deac? You wanna be Deac? Haha, I worked in Winston with a lot of Deacs and got to go to a couple b-ball games. It seemed to me a decent place to go to school.
My best friend/golf partner/doctor is a double Wake grad - undergrad and Bowman Gray School of Medicine. He turned out OK...

And of course there is Devildeac, who also went to med school at BGSoM.

And I lived in Winston Salem for three years after graduation from Duke. It was, and is, a nice town.

But make no mistake about, Wake is NOT Duke! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 6th, 2009, 11:21 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

A Deac? You wanna be Deac? Haha, I worked in Winston with a lot of Deacs and got to go to a couple b-ball games. It seemed to me a decent place to go to school.
My best friend/golf partner/doctor is a double Wake grad - undergrad and Bowman Gray School of Medicine. He turned out OK...

And I lived in Winston Salem for three years after graduation from Duke. It was, and is, a nice town.

I could see myself there - but not for $50,000 a year. The only place I can really see that happening is at Duke. :ymdevil:
Class of 2014
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 6th, 2009, 11:23 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

Ahem. . . I went to law school at Wake.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 7th, 2009, 1:52 am

My interview is at 3:30 on Monday. I'm getting more and more nervous now that I think about it. I really need to come up with some questions that I genuinely want answered about Duke. Not questions that I can find the answer to on the internet!

The last interview, at Wake Forest, went extremely well because the interviewer and I shared almost identical beliefs about politics, service, and life in general (or so it seemed). I'm almost positive that my interviewer doesn't share the same thoughts on some of those subjects and more specifically, politics. I think that's okay since most of what I feel strongly about doesn't necessarily revolve around that subject.

Who knows...

My dad has worked out with him on numerous occasions and says he is a pretty fun and laid back guy. Sounds good. (I just read that the name of his firm is Stubbs & Perdue -- or used to be. Did you know I live within a mile of her (Perdue) house? :D )
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2009, 12:15 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

Ahem. . . I went to law school at Wake.
I knew that. And, as we discussed before, you are also a devildeac ;) :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 8th, 2009, 9:37 am

your going to do great with your interview. power vibes to you from me. (*) (*) (*)
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 8th, 2009, 1:20 pm

Okay, I haven't updated this thread since the interview. As most of you know a UNC fan interviewed me.

Anyways, on to more pressing matters.

Today I received an email with a username and password. A username and password that I'm supposed to use on THURSDAY (December 10) to log into the Duke website to get my application decision. THURSDAY!

I thought for sure the "middle of December" would mean a short while AFTER December 15th. Oh man, I'm really nervous. :-ss
Class of 2014
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 8th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Rolvix wrote:Okay, I haven't updated this thread since the interview. As most of you know a UNC fan interviewed me.

Today I received an email with a username and password. A username and password that I'm supposed to use on THURSDAY (December 10) to log into the Duke website to get my application decision. THURSDAY!

I thought for sure the "middle of December" would mean a short while AFTER December 15th. Oh man, I'm really nervous. :-ss

Man that wait is going to suck. I remember waiting to hear which grad programs I had been accepted to and it was tough.

But the fact that you are hearing earlier than you expected is probably a good sign - tones of vibes heading your way!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » December 8th, 2009, 1:51 pm

Rolvix wrote:Okay, I haven't updated this thread since the interview. As most of you know a UNC fan interviewed me.

BIG VIBES COMING TO YOU FROM DURHAM!!!

I wonder if finding out on a website takes something away from the way we did things "back in my day." You older folks remember. The trip to the mailbox every day to see if the letter was there. Is it thick? Is it thin? I still have my acceptance letter from Duke somewhere, but I just don't know where that is.....
-- DukeUsul
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 8th, 2009, 2:05 pm

DukeUsul wrote:

BIG VIBES COMING TO YOU FROM DURHAM!!!

I wonder if finding out on a website takes something away from the way we did things "back in my day." You older folks remember. The trip to the mailbox every day to see if the letter was there. Is it thick? Is it thin? I still have my acceptance letter from Duke somewhere, but I just don't know where that is.....
:D I've been waiting for a letter from Wake Forest like that... That reminds me - let me go check the mailbox...
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 8th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Ahhh, the daily deluge of Christmas card. No Wake letter.
Two of my friends found out about a month and a half ago. I think they sent their application in almost immediately after they opened the application period though.
Class of 2014
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 8th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Okay ...

MASSIVE vibes are now beaming to the gods and demigods in charge of the decision.

PLEASE ACCEPT ROLVIX!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 8th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Lavabe wrote:Okay ...

MASSIVE vibes are now beaming to the gods and demigods in charge of the decision.

PLEASE ACCEPT ROLVIX!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Ditto - and send him scholarships!
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 8th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Maybe all of the Duke grads here should call the admissions department on his behalf...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 8th, 2009, 2:53 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

Ditto - and send him scholarships!
ditto and more vibes coming from efland.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 8th, 2009, 2:56 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 8th, 2009, 2:57 pm

Sending great Big HUGE vibes that Duke says YES!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!