NASCAR 2012

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2012

Post by Lavabe » February 28th, 2012, 1:04 am

Biff wound up pushing Kenseth, and blocked Jr enough (even though Jr pushed Biff a while).
Biff says that he just couldn't get a run.

I'm happy with at least three of my picks (Jr, Biff, and Edwards).
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 28th, 2012, 1:37 am

If Daytona was the screwed up can y'all just imagine what 'Dega is going to be like?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
throatybeard
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by throatybeard » February 28th, 2012, 1:42 am

colchar wrote:If Daytona was the screwed up can y'all just imagine what 'Dega is going to be like?
They might as well smash all the cars into the wall, park them on the track, take pictures of Danica on top of all all of it, and call it a race.

I'd damn sure look at the SI article. But not the race.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 28th, 2012, 8:45 am

colchar wrote:If Daytona was the screwed up can y'all just imagine what 'Dega is going to be like?
So much for trying to prevent tandem drafting!
Dega is going to be even more of a roulette wheel.
Note to self: Next time Jr complains about tandem drafting, remind me about last night.
8-}
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 28th, 2012, 8:50 am

After last night, we have a tight race in the standings. I managed to pull an 18 pt win over Iowa. We had about 6 people close to Iowa in the standings. Miles had some VERY bad luck, in terms of choices getting into accidents. No worries. Restrictor plate racing (Daytona and Dega) are prone to do that. I expect Miles will rebound this week.

Although my 282 pts isn't that much, it hit the 92nd percentile. It looks like the league, as a whole, did very well last night.

One little bunched up fantasy league race early on. Remember to get your initial picks in by the qualifying deadline. This week, qualifying bonus points come back. Try to get the top four qualifiers!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 28th, 2012, 9:18 am

I hate the qualifying format for Daytona.

On to Phoenix.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 28th, 2012, 9:21 am

Well for a newbie who didn't know what NASCAR fantasy was...I'm pretty proud of myself! Probably should celebrate this one cuz who knows what's coming! :dance: \:d/ Congrats to the team!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 28th, 2012, 10:42 am

I saw the highlights on the news this morning.

The fire broke out, and they brought in all the boxes of the Jumbo size TIDE to put out the fire. WHO KNEW? TIDE PUTS OUT FIRES!!!! NOW WE KNOW!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 28th, 2012, 12:48 pm

throatybeard wrote:
They might as well smash all the cars into the wall, park them on the track, take pictures of Danica on top of all all of it, and call it a race.

I'd damn sure look at the SI article. But not the race.

Well there are plenty of us who will enjoy watching the race.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 28th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Dega is going to be even more of a roulette wheel.

Maybe 'Dega will be smooth sailing with no crashes this year.

:)) :)) :))
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 28th, 2012, 5:32 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:I saw the highlights on the news this morning.

The fire broke out, and they brought in all the boxes of the Jumbo size TIDE to put out the fire. WHO KNEW? TIDE PUTS OUT FIRES!!!! NOW WE KNOW!
Think about it for a second. Who was doing the commentating last night?
ANSWER: Darrell Waltrip.

Who was his car sponsor when he won the Daytona 500 way back when?
ANSWER: Tide.

That fact was not ignored last night.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 28th, 2012, 5:34 pm

Did I hear this correctly:
BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY! LET'S GO RACING, BOYS... AND DANICA!
:ymapplause:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 29th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Jimmie Johnson got hit with a penalty deduction of driver points because of some illegal issues with his car. Crew chied Chad Knaus was responsible, and has been fined. He is also scheduled to miss 6 races. Another person on the team also received a penalty. All will be on probation for a month or two.

They will all appeal the decision. Don't know when the penalties will go into effect.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 2nd, 2012, 5:39 pm

Don't forget to get your picks in before the deadline.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 2nd, 2012, 9:23 pm

Made my picks tonight. Not sure how to handle the JJ situation.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 3rd, 2012, 2:18 pm

I read somewhere (if I can find it again I'll post the link) that JJ isn't being suspended for the races, just his crew chief (and maybe someone else from his crew) are.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 3rd, 2012, 5:50 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Made my picks tonight. Not sure how to handle the JJ situation.
MM has the pole, Smoke in 2nd, Regan Smith 3rd, and JJ 4th.

They are appealing the decision, so Knaus will be in the pits for JJ this weekend.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 3rd, 2012, 6:14 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Made my picks tonight. Not sure how to handle the JJ situation.

They are appealing the decision, so Knaus will be in the pits for JJ this weekend.
What is a good site to find qualifying rundowns and finishing orders? I don't want an article I have to read through; I'm a lawyer and don't have time for that. (That last comment was for AD's sake, just in case she happens to glance at this board.)

I know I picked the polesitter and the no. 2, but haven't seen any listing much beyond yours, Lavabe.

Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 3rd, 2012, 9:34 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

What is a good site to find qualifying rundowns and finishing orders? I don't want an article I have to read through; I'm a lawyer and don't have time for that. (That last comment was for AD's sake, just in case she happens to glance at this board.)

I know I picked the polesitter and the no. 2, but haven't seen any listing much beyond yours, Lavabe.

:)) :)) you don't fool me, lawgrad. There's not a pretentious bone in your body.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » March 3rd, 2012, 9:36 pm

It's OK LG - don't worry - I have us girls covered again this week! Yeah right - like I know what I'm doing here! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-crash:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: