The Official Irene Go The Hell Away Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: The Official Irene Go The Hell Away Thread

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 30th, 2011, 9:45 am

Hope everyone is okay from the hurricane with little to no damage. It appears that the state of NC, has alot less damage that anticipated. The power was out for a few hours, and a few down limbs, but thats it.

Irene was certainly not as devasting as Hurricane Fran or Floyd. Just glad that everyone is safe and doing fine.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 30th, 2011, 9:52 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Hope everyone is okay from the hurricane with little to no damage. It appears that the state of NC, has alot less damage that anticipated. The power was out for a few hours, and a few down limbs, but thats it.

Irene was certainly not as devasting as Hurricane Fran or Floyd. Just glad that everyone is safe and doing fine.
Yup, not as bad, but still a huge impact. Here in Carteret county alone there is $20million worth of damage.
The county suffered roughly $20 million in damages when the Category 1 storm made landfall early Saturday near Cape Lookout, county director of Emergency Services Jo Ann Smith said Sunday. The storm dumped about 10 inches of rain with sustained winds of 85 mph.
I'm very happy I was elsewhere.
http://carolinacoastonline.com/articles ... 652744.txt
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 30th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Gov Perdue and federal officials have declared 7 NC counties in the disaster declaration. NC agriculture has taken a major hit with the 14 hours of rain and high winds have destroyed crops.

CB&B.... so glad you left the coast, and headed inland to be safe and out of harms way! Is your mobile home still standing?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 30th, 2011, 3:27 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Gov Perdue and federal officials have declared 7 NC counties in the disaster declaration. NC agriculture has taken a major hit with the 14 hours of rain and high winds have destroyed crops.

CB&B.... so glad you left the coast, and headed inland to be safe and out of harms way! Is your mobile home still standing?
Yep, and we had power back on 2 hours before I got home. Office didn't get power on until last night, some still don't have it or phones.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 30th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Several times, I've had the occasion to benefit from the ATM at this branch. Once, a lady from Atlantic Beach pulled out, straight in back of the BUTT from out of the hospital parking lot whilst I was en route back across the street from the bank, unkownst to me. A storm had passed through the day before and a crew with a bucket truck was working on the traffic signal there. I had planned to back into the NG armory parking lot and she wouldn't move. We sat there in the center turning lane about 150 feet from the stoplight for quite a while (until she finally hung up her phone conversation) and she decided to, at last, go around.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2011, 8:15 am

captmojo wrote:
Several times, I've had the occasion to benefit from the ATM at this branch. Once, a lady from Atlantic Beach pulled out, straight in back of the BUTT from out of the hospital parking lot whilst I was en route back across the street from the bank, unkownst to me. A storm had passed through the day before and a crew with a bucket truck was working on the traffic signal there. I had planned to back into the NG armory parking lot and she wouldn't move. We sat there in the center turning lane about 150 feet from the stoplight for quite a while (until she finally hung up her phone conversation) and she decided to, at last, go around.
Next time you're down here, look me up! (I will let you go around me.)
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 31st, 2011, 9:05 pm

Will do, should I ever get to head that way again. The guys with seniority over me usually pick those trips before they make it down to my turn.
The Ford dealer in Havelock and Morehead is all we have left there. Occasionally, we deliver to Cherry Point Marine Air.
We lost the Chrysler and Honda business. I think Honda will come back once they get back to full production. We'll see.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 31st, 2011, 10:34 pm

captmojo wrote:Will do, should I ever get to head that way again. The guys with seniority over me usually pick those trips before they make it down to my turn.
The Ford dealer in Havelock and Morehead is all we have left there. Occasionally, we deliver to Cherry Point Marine Air.
We lost the Chrysler and Honda business. I think Honda will come back once they get back to full production. We'll see.
The Ford and Honda dealers in MHC are our clients.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 1st, 2011, 12:13 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
captmojo wrote:Will do, should I ever get to head that way again. The guys with seniority over me usually pick those trips before they make it down to my turn.
The Ford and Honda dealers in MHC are our clients.
Maybe they should request a driver.
Life is good!
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 1st, 2011, 5:21 pm

A hard driver, perhaps?
I'm cushiony.
:D