crazietalk outing to the DBAP

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Are you interested in attending a Durham Bulls game as a group?

Poll ended at June 15th, 2009, 10:40 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: crazietalk outing to the DBAP

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2009, 9:49 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote: Hey, I thought Bjornolf went to the game and then headed back to VA???? WTH? =)) =)) =)) =)) :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
He did. He left in the 7th inning.
LOL - I couldn't resist!!!! DD left me wondering!!!! :D So Oz, what is this GRAMPS stuff... ? I think I predicted something like that during HILTON HEAD? :D The Boneman knows!!!!!! Just embrass the concept!!! ;) :D
Yes, I made an announcement here a week or two ago. She's preggers! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: Due in early Feb. I knew when you made your comments, but had to keep her secret until she was ready for others to know.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 10:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:"quote="cl15876""
Hey, I thought Bjornolf went to the game and then headed back to VA???? WTH? =)) =)) =)) =)) :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?"/quote"
He did. He left in the 7th inning.
LOL - I couldn't resist!!!! DD left me wondering!!!! :D So Oz, what is this GRAMPS stuff... ? I think I predicted something like that during HILTON HEAD? :D The Boneman knows!!!!!! Just embrass the concept!!! ;) :D
Yes, I made an announcement here a week or two ago. She's preggers! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: Due in early Feb. I knew when you made your comments, but had to keep her secret until she was ready for others to know.
I haven't gotten that far yet in my reading, but Fricken congratulations!!!!!!! Gramps!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: Yes, I am hugging YOU!!!! This is AWESOME NEWS!!!!! I think more Hilton Head VACA's are in order ... :-o :-o =; :-? :-ss :ymapplause: @-) :ympray: :-$ [-( /:) 8-| :-s I can't believe you kept this from me.... [-x [-x [-x This is my job, I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer or appearing on the surface, but never 2nd guess!!!! :D O:-) :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 10:58 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:A good time was had by all. Cathy and bjornolf took group pics, maybe they will post them.

The Bulls won, though almost lost it in the 9th. They, hit back to back homeruns, something I've never seen. I also saw my first 3-3-4 double play (thanks Ozzie for reminding how the play would be logged in the score book, would the first out be considered an FC?).

We saw a great display of fireworks after the game. Oh, and the field caught fire, though Durham's fire deparment was on hand to put it out. Yay for Durham firefighters!

We were even lucky enough to have a good weather night, not too hot, and not very humid. DukeUsul, I think you would have enjoyed tonights weather a whole lot better than last Sunday's.

The first brunchgate and football game is three weeks away. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

We enjoyed a romantic walk on the beach accompanied by a gorgeous sunset.
Hey, I thought Bjornolf went to the game and then headed back to VA???? WTH? =)) =)) =)) =)) :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
WE means Mr. and Mrs. DD went for a walk on the beach. We packed up bjornolf's cheesesteak-filled carcass off to the DBAP about 515 PM or so. :oops: :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 12:23 am

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:"quote="TillyGalore""A good time was had by all. Cathy and bjornolf took group pics, maybe they will post them.

The Bull. won, though almost lost it ... then hit back to back homeruns!!!! "woo hooo", I've not seen that either, .... We saw a great display of fireworks .... (I bet all y'all did)!!!!! and the field caught fire, (OMG.... that must have been HOT!!!!), ... Durham's fire department was on hand to put ("the fire") out. Yay for Durham firefighters! "they are the best, they have long hoses and minimal liquid!!! :D :D :D :D "

We enjoyed a romantic walk on the beach accompanied by a gorgeous sunset.
Hey, I thought Bjornolf went to the game and then headed back to VA???? WTH? =)) =)) =)) =)) :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
WE means Mr. and Mrs. DD went for a walk on the beach. We packed up bjornolf's cheesesteak-filled carcass off to the DBAP about 515 PM or so. :oops: :))
Just checking??? and thank you for clarification!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) There has been alot of ARSSS ACTION going on lately in your family!!!! :D ;)
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 17th, 2009, 8:49 am

Kelly and I had a blast at the game and pre-game festivities. It was pretty cool to meet knights68, bjornolf, CathyCA and assorted family members. Tilly got sweet seats and there was lots of action. We should definitely do this again!

Our cab driver tried to kill us though. We made it back to the hotel in about 2 minutes because the cabbie seemed to feel that red lights didn't really matter and that he had the right to swerve into oncoming lanes to avoid right turns and other slow vehicles. We went straight to the bar for a vodka, up to calm the nerves.
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2009, 8:59 am

The only thing I didn't enjoy about our little get together was getting out of Durham afterwards. Some punks in a crappy old white Camry kept tailing me to yell original obscenities like "mother fucker" at me. They followed me from about two blocks from the stadium to about fifteen miles out of Durham on I-85. They'd pull up next to me to yell, then fall back, then pull up again. It was getting really old. I guess my Duke tags pissed them off for some reason. I just ignored them. They were probably drunk and jealous of my car and pissed that a "Dukie" had one.

Oh, and I turned in my disposable camera last night. When I get the prints today, I'll post the ones of our DBAP trip here and I'll put some from my meeting with my brother, along with a play by play of our visit with Pedro, on my other thread, the one about me passing through town.

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on August 17th, 2009, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 17th, 2009, 8:59 am

Miles wrote:... We went straight to the bar for a vodka, up to calm the nerves.
This may have been his overall motive.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 17th, 2009, 9:00 am

bjornolf wrote:The only thing I didn't enjoy about our little get together was getting out of Durham afterwards. Some punks in a crappy old white Camry kept tailing me to yell original obscenities like "mother fucker" at me. They followed me from about two blocks from the stadium to about fifteen miles out of Durham on I-85. They'd pull up next to me to yell, then fall back, then pull up again. It was getting really old. I guess my Duke tags pissed them off for some reason. I just ignored them.

%%-
Bastards!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 17th, 2009, 9:02 am

Yeah probably tool holes. I like that new 'tool' reference.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 17th, 2009, 12:08 pm

I completely forgot to mention.

CathyCA was on the video board doing the chicken dance.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 12:14 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I completely forgot to mention.

CathyCA was on the video board doing the chicken dance.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 12:16 pm

bjornolf wrote:The only thing I didn't enjoy about our little get together was getting out of Durham afterwards. Some punks in a crappy old white Camry kept tailing me to yell original obscenities like "mother fucker" at me. They followed me from about two blocks from the stadium to about fifteen miles out of Durham on I-85. They'd pull up next to me to yell, then fall back, then pull up again. It was getting really old. I guess my Duke tags pissed them off for some reason. I just ignored them. They were probably drunk and jealous of my car and pissed that a "Dukie" had one.

Oh, and I turned in my disposable camera last night. When I get the prints today, I'll post the ones of our DBAP trip here and I'll put some from my meeting with my brother, along with a play by play of our visit with Pedro, on my other thread, the one about me passing through town.

%%-
That would be annoying! Good thing you got home safely and had a great trip besides the above incident!!!! That is a sweet car! :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Miles wrote:Kelly and I had a blast at the game and pre-game festivities. It was pretty cool to meet knights68, bjornolf, CathyCA and assorted family members. Tilly got sweet seats and there was lots of action. We should definitely do this again!

Our cab driver tried to kill us though. We made it back to the hotel in about 2 minutes because the cabbie seemed to feel that red lights didn't really matter and that he had the right to swerve into oncoming lanes to avoid right turns and other slow vehicles. We went straight to the bar for a vodka, up to calm the nerves.
Excuse me but ya know that was a red light, WTF? There is no extra tip for getting us there any faster, we just to get there in 1 piece!!!! =)) =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 17th, 2009, 12:57 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:"quote="TillyGalore""A good time was had by all. Cathy and bjornolf took group pics, maybe they will post them.

The Bull. won, though almost lost it ... then hit back to back homeruns!!!! "woo hooo", I've not seen that either, .... We saw a great display of fireworks .... (I bet all y'all did)!!!!! and the field caught fire, (OMG.... that must have been HOT!!!!), ... Durham's fire department was on hand to put ("the fire") out. Yay for Durham firefighters! "they are the best, they have long hoses and minimal liquid!!! :D :D :D :D "

Just checking??? and thank you for clarification!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) There has been alot of ARSSS ACTION going on lately in your family!!!! :D ;)
The Lavabe family can have their OWN ARSSS action, as far as I am concerned. :oops: :roll: ;) :)) =))
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 17th, 2009, 12:59 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote: Just checking??? and thank you for clarification!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) There has been alot of ARSSS ACTION going on lately in your family!!!! :D ;)
The Lavabe family can have their OWN ARSSS action, as far as I am concerned. :oops: :roll: ;) :)) =))
And let's not forget that Lavabe has apparently been ase-ing airline agents, too.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 17th, 2009, 1:05 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote: Just checking??? and thank you for clarification!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) There has been alot of ARSSS ACTION going on lately in your family!!!! :D ;)
And let's not forget that Lavabe has apparently been ase-ing airline agents, too.
I'm surprised he didn't cause an international incident with that action... :oops: :roll:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Unfortunately, I forgot to use the flash on my disposable camera, so the picture of DD and Mrs. DD at Sami's didn't turn out so well. They look fine, though. It was a pleasure meeting you two and talking about the changes at Duke in the 20 or so years between our stays there. ;)

And here's the motley crew at the game. I had a great time meeting you guys IRL too. And the Bulls won!

And might I say way to go Miles! That girlfriend of yours is WAY out of your league! ;)
%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles

Post by Miles » August 17th, 2009, 5:35 pm

bjornolf wrote:And might I say way to go Miles! That girlfriend of yours is WAY out of your league! ;)
%%-
Man you are telling me! I scored big time.
\:D/
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 17th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Nice pictures!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 6:03 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Nice pictures!
FOR MY 1,100 POST (was wondering what I would respond TO), I must say I have to concur!!!!! Miles (just be you), but OMG, how did you score that honey on your right!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OZ, you are hanging out with some cuties, how did you make that happen, Carnegie Deli runs? Marvin, what can I say, but can I have what Tilly is having? Where's Joe???? DD, looking good my man, but your wifie is looking beTTA!!!! :ymhug: I wished I could have been there with all y'all!!!! Sounds like it was A LOT of fun!!!!!! :-bd