Tattoos...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Tattoos, take 'em or leave 'em? (Please read the rules before voting!)

I hate 'em, they're for bikers and degenerates...
5%
Ink in moderation can be hot...
28%
Ink's okay for men, but not women...
No votes
Ink's okay for women, but not men...
No votes
The more the better!
5%
Tramp stamps are hot!
7%
Tramp stamps are so white trash!
9%
I have ink myself...
7%
I do NOT have ink myself...
40%

Total votes: 43
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Tattoos...

Post by wilson » October 7th, 2009, 8:56 pm

Healing nicely...we're entering the flaky/itchy stage. Annoying, but reassuringly normal.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 8th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Wheels already turning on the next design, to coincide with the completion of my schooling. After that, I will wait until I have children (actually, until they're each about 5...I have pretty much the coolest idea ever. Just ask me. ;) ).
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 9th, 2009, 5:54 am

wilson wrote:Wheels already turning on the next design, to coincide with the completion of my schooling. After that, I will wait until I have children (actually, until they're each about 5...I have pretty much the coolest idea ever. Just ask me. ;) ).
Wilson, I am curious what shall it be? I am thinking by then, along with your love for kids (especially those that say "what-EV-arr", that it might be something like the following across your back or chest or tummy... ;)
wilson.jpg
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 9th, 2009, 8:45 am

wilson wrote:Wheels already turning on the next design, to coincide with the completion of my schooling. After that, I will wait until I have children (actually, until they're each about 5...I have pretty much the coolest idea ever. Just ask me. ;) ).

I'm asking...what is the coolest idea ever...

One of the coolest I saw was on Miami ink - I forget which celebrity it was but he was having his kids names tattooed - but it was their writing, they had the kid write his name and used that as the stencil. It was WAY cute.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 9th, 2009, 9:14 am

windsor wrote:

One of the coolest I saw was on Miami ink - I forget which celebrity it was but he was having his kids names tattooed - but it was their writing, they had the kid write his name and used that as the stencil. It was WAY cute.
Well, mother fucker. I never saw that episode, but that was my plan too. Get them to write their own name on me, then have it tattooed in the color of their choice. I don't care if that guy already did that on TV; I'll do it anyway.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 9th, 2009, 9:22 am

wilson wrote:
windsor wrote:

Well, mother fucker. I never saw that episode, but that was my plan too. Get them to write their own name on me, then have it tattooed in the color of their choice. I don't care if that guy already did that on TV; I'll do it anyway.

By the time you have kids and they get to be five no one will remember a short lived cancelled TV show about tattoo artists in Miami. I think it is a wonderful idea (no matter who did it first)

I would keep your plan in mind when naming those children... 'Isabellamarie' could hurt like hell and take up a lot of real estate!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » October 9th, 2009, 12:01 pm

Viggo Mortensen did that with his son Henry, only Henry just wrote the H. Viggo has an H tattooed on his wrist. If George ever gets married on me . . .
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 9th, 2009, 2:34 pm

My friend Billy has his son's baby footprints as his tattoo.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 9th, 2009, 2:46 pm

CathyCA wrote:My friend Billy has his son's baby footprints as his tattoo.
Awwwwwwww that is adorable.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » October 9th, 2009, 3:17 pm

windsor wrote:
Mrs. Turk did that when the young Turks were little hatchlings - sent T-shirts and sweatshirts with handprints / footprints on them to assorted grandparents and relatives. My oldest is a teenager so now she's embarrassed when I wear the one with hers around.

Main advantage of that (besides avoiding the needle sticks) is you don't have to get nekkid in the middle of a Pennsylvania winter for people to say "Awwwwwwww that is adorable." :))
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 9th, 2009, 3:18 pm

windsor wrote:
Yeah, I love that.