Kyrie

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Scenes We'd All Like to See...

Post by captmojo » March 13th, 2011, 12:10 pm

...First media timeout/score:Duke-12 holes-4
Kyrie rips off warmup pants, pulls polo shirt over his head, trots to the scorer's table to check in.

And, the crowd are wild and bewildered...depending on the color of dress. :D

:9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Kyrie

Post by Lavabe » March 13th, 2011, 12:20 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:If we lose today, I'm blaming JH's unicorn.
I think the unicorn is helping. 2 straight solid, double digit wins. I'm riding the unicorn to the finish.

:9f: :9f:
You may change it around April 15th or so. Until then, DON'T CHANGE A THING!! :9f: :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Scenes We'd All Like to See...

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 13th, 2011, 12:21 pm

captmojo wrote:...First media timeout/score:Duke-12 holes-4
Kyrie rips off warmup pants, pulls polo shirt over his head, trots to the scorer's table to check in.

Word is he's warming up with the team but not playing. I like your prediction better.

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Scenes We'd All Like to See...

Post by devildeac » March 13th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:
captmojo wrote:...First media timeout/score:Duke-12 holes-4

Word is he's warming up with the team but not playing. I like your prediction better.

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
From a poster on DBR:

"Got a text from my sister in Greensboro and she says Kyrie is warming up and burying threes. The NC crowd is looking over nervously."

He ain't gonna play today folks. AFAIK, he hasn't practiced so he will not play this afternoon.

And yet another:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 13th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Ahhh but we can all wish. I headed my post as 'Scene We'd Like to See'.

With all the talk from the TV heads, and those on radio, proof that he is ready and will be playing, could weigh heavily into the seeding decision. :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 13th, 2011, 12:38 pm

captmojo wrote:Ahhh but we can all wish. I headed my post as 'Scene We'd Like to See'.

With all the talk from the TV heads, and those on radio, proof that he is ready and will be playing, could weigh heavily into the seeding decision. :9f:
I think it's pretty simple at this point.

W=#1 seed
L=#2 seed

With Pitt and ND losing, I think the committee chooses tOSU and KU as the top 2 #1 seeds and then from among Pitt, ND, Duke, unc and perhaps BYU as the 3rd and 4th #1 seeds.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 13th, 2011, 5:41 pm

I had heard that is Dad who put the ixnay on his playing at all this weekend...actually the rumor was Dad did not want him to play at all this season...and to enter the draft. Dad is, according to the same rumor source, mellowed a bit and his OK with Kyrie playing in the NCAAs. These are RUMORS that I'm getting second hand. Here's your grain of salt.

Assuming we play in Charlotte he'll get 3/4 days of practice and a cupcake game to work out the kinks.

Meanwhile, Austin Rivers is still holding to the 50/50 Kyrie enters the draft.....

Goes/stays let me say I LOVE THIS KID...I love his attitude. Hang around Kyrie...we hardly know ya!

From the News and Observer....

GREENSBORO – Duke freshman guard Kyrie Irving said Sunday afternoon that there is a chance he will return from a toe injury to play at some point during the NCAA tournament.
“I can’t really put a percentage on it,” Irving said. “It all depends on how I feel, and if the medical staff feels good about it.”
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski was more cautious, saying Irving’s enthusiasm might have been fueled by the emotion of missing out on the Blue Devils’ 75-58 ACC tournament defeat of North Carolina.
Irving worked out Friday and Sunday on the Greensboro Coliseum floor during pre-game, but was not in uniform.
“We’re far away from that decision,” Krzyzewski said. “But he’s doing well. He’s worked out here every day and we’re not trying to hide anything. We tried to show that first of all we do have a guy named Kyrie and secondly that he’s progressing well.”
Irving was made available to the media for the first time since he injured his right big toe on Dec. 4 against Butler. In the locker room after Duke’s win, Irving explained the details of his injury.
He said the sesamoid bones on his right big toe were injured when he bent the toe back too far during the Butler game. He said the tissue connecting the bones was damaged and needed time to heal.
“This is where I get all of my power from, and this is the way I move as fast as I can,” Irving said. “When it did happen, when I looked at the X-rays, it was a lot more complicated than I thought it was.”
Irving, who has worked out twice during pre-game at the Greensboro Coliseum this week, said he is cleared for 5-on-0 drills but is awaiting word from the medical staff on when he will be ready to scrimmage at full speed.
He said Nike has constructed a special shoe for him to prevent his toe from bending back in the future, so he is not afraid of re-injuring it. He said his conditioning is not where it needs to be yet, but said he has been running on a treadmill in the pool for about a month to build his stamina.
His conditioning might be lacking, but he said his understanding of the game will be better after watching from the bench for all but the first eight games.
“I think I had a high basketball IQ when I was playing,” Irving said, “but now it’s increased, tremendously.”
--------
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 15th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Back at practice today! Looks an awful lot like he's gonna play some (but not start) this weekend.
They're flipping out OY.
Who the hell am I kidding...I'm flipping out too!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 15th, 2011, 7:26 pm

wilson wrote:Back at practice today! Looks an awful lot like he's gonna play some (but not start) this weekend.
They're flipping out OY.
Who the hell am I kidding...I'm flipping out too!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Yay!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: Kyrie's getting yelled at! Yay!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 15th, 2011, 7:28 pm

The time is nigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/03/kyri ... s-weekend/
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 15th, 2011, 7:54 pm

:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :clap: :dance: \:d/ :ymapplause: :x :duke:

WOOHOO!!!!!! :9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 15th, 2011, 8:45 pm

The rest of the field can go ahead and stay home now :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 15th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:The rest of the field can go ahead and stay home now :D
Gary Parrish, CBS Sportsline.com:
"Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski on Tuesday acknowledged publicly for the first time since Kryie Irving injured the big toe on his right foot on Dec. 18 that the star point guard "could" play in this NCAA tournament.

And now it's time to start ripping up your bracket.

Seriously, this changes everything."

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com ... 4/27920581
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 15th, 2011, 11:15 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/RealJayWilliams/s ... 7904670720

Coach K has confirmed that Kyrie Irving will be playing in the 1st round of the #NCAA tournament.

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:9f: :9f:
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » March 15th, 2011, 11:27 pm

wilson wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote:The rest of the field can go ahead and stay home now :D
Gary Parrish, CBS Sportsline.com:
"Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski on Tuesday acknowledged publicly for the first time since Kryie Irving injured the big toe on his right foot on Dec. 18 that the star point guard "could" play in this NCAA tournament.

And now it's time to start ripping up your bracket.

Seriously, this changes everything."

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com ... 4/27920581
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Not TOTALLY sold. History has proven time and again that, for the most part, chemistry wins championships. Yes, hard.....VERY hard to argue Kyrie coming back weakens Duke, but again, a lot to be said for chemistry. We've lost a lot there if and when he comes back. We shall see. I, of course, hope for the best.

-EarlJam
Last edited by EarlJam on March 15th, 2011, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 15th, 2011, 11:30 pm

EarlJam wrote:VERY hard to argue Kyrie coming back weakens Duke, but again, a lot to be said for chemistry. We've lost a lot there. We shall see. I, of course, hope for the best.

-EarlJam
Really? We've "lost a lot"? I'm gonna have to pretty strongly disagree with that. Kyrie has been every bit as much a part of team chemistry while injured as he was before he got hurt. On-court chemistry is something to be dealt with, but as we've already discussed, K has tons of experience in managing just such a situation, even at this very juncture of a season.
My worries about chemistry are minuscule.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 16th, 2011, 12:16 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketb ... ent-031511

Irving’s presence will change the entire complexion of the NCAA tournament.

The 6-foot-2 point guard was one of the nation’s elite players over the first eight games of the season and is the front-runner, according to numerous NBA executives, to be taken with the No. 1 overall pick in June’s NBA draft.

He’s a difference-maker.

No, he’s the difference-maker.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 16th, 2011, 8:45 am

I spent the early morning hours today, re-watching, re-visiting our young Mr. Irving's work versus Meeshagin State.

I can absolutely see NO way that his return can do anything but HELP this team.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 16th, 2011, 10:06 am

captmojo wrote:I spent the early morning hours today, re-watching, re-visiting our young Mr. Irving's work versus Meeshagin State.

Don't get me wrong. I agree. It just seems ALMOST to good to be true that a person that sat the bench all year and was hurt could come back and instantly be "in the team groove."

Yes, there was Boozer, but Boozer had played with that team longer.

That said, I agree. Our team can only improve with Kyrie. Just playing a little blue devil's advocate I suppose.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 16th, 2011, 10:32 am

EarlJam wrote:
captmojo wrote:I spent the early morning hours today, re-watching, re-visiting our young Mr. Irving's work versus Meeshagin State.

Don't get me wrong. I agree. It just seems ALMOST to good to be true that a person that sat the bench all year and was hurt could come back and instantly be "in the team groove."

Yes, there was Boozer, but Boozer had played with that team longer.

That said, I agree. Our team can only improve with Kyrie. Just playing a little blue devil's advocate I suppose.

-EarlJam
:text-banplz:

:D :9f: :9f: