New Job

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school

New Job

Post by rockymtn devil » June 12th, 2009, 6:20 pm

As some of you knew (or could've guessed from earlier posts), I was looking around for a new job. Long story short, I hated my first job out of law school and, despite the poor economy, decided I had to walk away in order to maintain my sanity. After realizing how un-pragmatic that was, I eventually landed a position clerking for a judge here in Denver. My clerkship ended a few weeks ago, although I stayed on and worked for free so as to prevent a resume gap. Which brings us up to date. No, I did not get the job in New Mexico. But, I did get a job with a small civil litigation firm in Denver. It should be a great place to cut my teeth in the courtroom and I'm excited, hence the gloating on crazytalk :D

I start on the 22nd. Until then I plan on fishing just about everyday (except tomorrow when I'll be in Boulder drinking the fine craft ales of Avery Brewing Co. and the Mountain Sun Cafe and Brewery).
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: New Job

Post by Rolvix » June 12th, 2009, 6:26 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:As some of you knew (or could've guessed from earlier posts), I was looking around for a new job. Long story short, I hated my first job out of law school and, despite the poor economy, decided I had to walk away in order to maintain my sanity. After realizing how un-pragmatic that was, I eventually landed a position clerking for a judge here in Denver. My clerkship ended a few weeks ago, although I stayed on and worked for free so as to prevent a resume gap. Which brings us up to date. No, I did not get the job in New Mexico. But, I did get a job with a small civil litigation firm in Denver. It should be a great place to cut my teeth in the courtroom and I'm excited, hence the gloating on crazytalk :D

I start on the 22nd. Until then I plan on fishing just about everyday (except tomorrow when I'll be in Boulder drinking the fine craft ales of Avery Brewing Co. and the Mountain Sun Cafe and Brewery).
Wow! Congrats on the job! :D It seems like getting a job anywhere is an impressive feat with this economy.
I hope the fishing is great - until the 22nd!
Class of 2014
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 12th, 2009, 6:38 pm

Congrats, man. Drinks on your next time you're on this coast? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » June 12th, 2009, 6:40 pm

bjornolf wrote:Congrats, man. Drinks on your next time you're on this coast? ;)

%%-
It's a deal!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 12th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Congratulations on your job!! Hope you enjoy your libations tomorrow and the fishing next week.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
I worship the Blue Devil!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » June 12th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Congrats indeed, RMD! I hope the smaller size of the firm means you get to take on lots of exciting, new challenges!
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » June 13th, 2009, 12:05 am

Hey RMD, congrats & good luck with the new gig!
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 13th, 2009, 12:22 am

Holla fo sho (that's code that you old folks can't understand). Beer on me if/when you make it to Atlanta. :ymapplause:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 13th, 2009, 12:31 am

rockymtn devil wrote:As some of you knew (or could've guessed from earlier posts), I was looking around for a new job. Long story short, I hated my first job out of law school and, despite the poor economy, decided I had to walk away in order to maintain my sanity. After realizing how un-pragmatic that was, I eventually landed a position clerking for a judge here in Denver. My clerkship ended a few weeks ago, although I stayed on and worked for free so as to prevent a resume gap. Which brings us up to date. No, I did not get the job in New Mexico. But, I did get a job with a small civil litigation firm in Denver. It should be a great place to cut my teeth in the courtroom and I'm excited, hence the gloating on crazytalk :D

Congrats. Have a DFH 90 or 120 Minute IPA for the occasion. I'll add a cellared Bigfoot for the occasion, too. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 13th, 2009, 5:20 am

Congrats, rockymtn devil! Have fun in Boulder and with the fishing.

Speaking of Boulder and fishing, they're used to be a really good place up the hill from the campus that sold some of the best fish tacos I've ever had. Is it still there?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 13th, 2009, 8:12 am

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » June 13th, 2009, 11:41 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Congrats, rockymtn devil! Have fun in Boulder and with the fishing.

Speaking of Boulder and fishing, they're used to be a really good place up the hill from the campus that sold some of the best fish tacos I've ever had. Is it still there?
Thanks to everyone!

Not sure. Was it on Pearl or one of the side streets? Illegal Pete's is the big burrito place, but I don't think they have fish tacos.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 13th, 2009, 12:25 pm

RMD - congratulations on the new job. Since it seems to be the trend - first round on me if you are in Overland Park sometime.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 13th, 2009, 7:19 pm

And let me add my congratulations to you, too! :ymparty:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
weezie

Post by weezie » June 13th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Good for you! It's refreshing to hear some nice news about a job search these days!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 13th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Congrats on the new job! Enjoy the time off...
bluebeer

Post by bluebeer » June 13th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Congrats on the job..enjoy lots of celebratory brews between now and the 22nd..
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 13th, 2009, 8:53 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Congrats, rockymtn devil! Have fun in Boulder and with the fishing.

Thanks to everyone!

Not sure. Was it on Pearl or one of the side streets? Illegal Pete's is the big burrito place, but I don't think they have fish tacos.
Not on Pearl, on one of the streets up the hill. Remember going downstairs to get to it. It was in a food court of sorts iirc. It's been about 15 years since I've been there so I don't remember for sure. :o
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 13th, 2009, 9:47 pm

Add me to the congratulatory list!!! Fishing is a lot more fun when you aren't worried about a paycheck! have a good time, but don't forget you have to be someplace on the 22nd!

Love, Ima :-h
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 5th, 2009, 11:54 pm

So, RMD,

How's the new gig so far?