NASCAR 2011

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2011

Post by Lavabe » March 7th, 2011, 10:43 am

TillyGalore wrote:I would have picked :ymsick: had I been on top of things.
Yeah, I was on top of things and chose him. L-) L-)
Gibbs Toyota had big trouble with engines. Hamlin was forced to start in the rear after changing engines, Blech blew his, and Logano had troubles.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » March 7th, 2011, 11:17 am

So the end of this week was pretty crazy for us so I ALSO didn't change my 8 guys for qualifying. I did go in and adjust my lineup before the race, just moving last weeks backups to starters. If I had left Edwards in there instead of replacing him with Kurt I coulda won bigger!
-- DukeUsul
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 9th, 2011, 7:25 pm

I wish I could have been as fortunate...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 9th, 2011, 8:30 pm

The plane carrying the Biff was involved in an emergency landing at Lexington's Bluegrass Airport today. No one was hurt, but the landing gear collapsed on one side.
http://www.lex18.com/news/nascar-driver ... s-airport/

Believe it or not, there were two emergency landings here today.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 9th, 2011, 8:58 pm

The Biff was in Henry County yesterday at the Martinsville Speedway, promoting fitness among the youth of the varnish zone. He also invited :O3 :O3 from the local SPCA.

http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/art ... m?ID=27645
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 13th, 2011, 1:21 pm

I'm not sure what I am supposed to do today without reading Lavabe's race updates. Maybe I'll play my nice new guitar. Or maybe Lavabe would like to update us on a fantasy race?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 13th, 2011, 3:40 pm

colchar wrote:I'm not sure what I am supposed to do today without reading Lavabe's race updates. Maybe I'll play my nice new guitar. Or maybe Lavabe would like to update us on a fantasy race?
Umm, watching the Duke win on ESPN3 would probably have made some sense.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 13th, 2011, 3:44 pm

With regard to NASCAR, I am certain that Jeff Burton is happy today.
Other than that, I don't give a rat's fanny.
:9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 13th, 2011, 3:52 pm

wilson wrote:With regard to NASCAR, I am certain that Jeff Burton is happy today.
Other than that, I don't give a rat's fanny.
:9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
If Jeff Burton is happy, then I'm happy. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 13th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:I'm not sure what I am supposed to do today without reading Lavabe's race updates. Maybe I'll play my nice new guitar. Or maybe Lavabe would like to update us on a fantasy race?

I was actually out running errands all afternoon. I had a choice - run errands last night and miss the Leafs game or run errands today and miss the Duke game. Unfortunately, Duke will always be second to the Leafs in my heart so that made the decision pretty easy.

I am used to doing errands on a Sunday and coming home to your race commentary though. Perhaps you should have done some commentary for the basketball game.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 13th, 2011, 5:09 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

I was actually out running errands all afternoon. I had a choice - run errands last night and miss the Leafs game or run errands today and miss the Duke game. Unfortunately, Duke will always be second to the Leafs in my heart so that made the decision pretty easy.

I am used to doing errands on a Sunday and coming home to your race commentary though. Perhaps you should have done some commentary for the basketball game.
Commentary:

Nolan for 2. Nolan for 3. Nolan assist to Seth for 3. Mason rebound and putback. Miles rebound. Bad call by the referees. (Repeat ad nauseam.) 2 FT's by unc. Halftime.

Nolan for 2. Nolan for 2. Nolan for 2. RK for 3. Good D, Duke. Nolan for 2. Nolan big hug with Coach. Kyle big hug with Coach. Nets come down.

That should pretty much cover it.
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 13th, 2011, 6:13 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: Commentary:

Nolan for 2. Nolan for 3. Nolan assist to Seth for 3. Mason rebound and putback. Miles rebound. Bad call by the referees. (Repeat ad nauseam.) 2 FT's by unc. Halftime.

Nolan for 2. Nolan for 2. Nolan for 2. RK for 3. Good D, Duke. Nolan for 2. Nolan big hug with Coach. Kyle big hug with Coach. Nets come down.

That should pretty much cover it.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 13th, 2011, 9:15 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

Or... you could have joined us in Section 21. :ymdevil:
Are our commentaries, curses, and kvetching still up in Section 21?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 19th, 2011, 6:56 am

The Roushketeers do damage to the starting grid in Bristol.
Carl Edwards takes the pole, followed by the Biff.
REGAN SMITH starts in 3rd, followed by Menard, and then DAVID RAGAN (abother Roushketeer).
JJ, JG, and Truex come next, followed by MM and KK.

Apparently, tires were disintegrating quickly, so I expect all sorts of trouble in this race.

Don't look now, but Usul is on the move!!

Question: how am I going to report on this race? It starts at 1PM Sunday. At 245PM, we have a certain basketball game to watch. #-o
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 20th, 2011, 7:40 am

I'm so far behind in paying attention to NASCAR this year.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 20th, 2011, 8:04 am

And now, for one more curveball in selections for Bristol.

Turns out that the drivers, who qualified on tires that disintegrated after no more than 30 laps, were given new right-side tires for the race and for Saturday practice. Oh yeah... and the tire change has made the cars slower with less grip. This is such a great change that many teams are scrambling to figure out how to get their cars adjusted correctly. For example, Biffle wound up getting a flat in Saturday practice with the new tires, so he had little chance to get used to the new tires. #-o
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... ar-bristol
Bristol, more so than even Talladega, may be the great roulette wheel of a race to try and pick.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 20th, 2011, 11:17 am

Lavabe wrote: Bristol, more so than even Talladega, may be the great roulette wheel of a race to try and pick.

While true, I am still hopeful of retaking my place atop the group after this week's race.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 20th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Racing today at the Bristol vortex!!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 20th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Boogity boogity boogity!!
Let's go racing boys!!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 20th, 2011, 1:25 pm

Lap 21... Menard takes the lead over Edwards.
JJ passes Edwards.
Truex in 4th.
JGordon having all sorts of problems.
Blech and Kurt moving up.

End the race now. I have 3 of the top 4 drivers in the race. :-$