Austin Rivers Interview...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Austin Rivers Interview...

Post by bjornolf » March 4th, 2011, 8:49 pm

All the sports talk shows were atwitter this evening with Austin Rivers' tweet about wanting to destroy LeBron James in the NBA. What do you guys think?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/artic ... ay/4291253

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Austin Rivers Interview...

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 4th, 2011, 9:17 pm

bjornolf wrote:All the sports talk shows were atwitter this evening with Austin Rivers' tweet about wanting to destroy LeBron James in the NBA. What do you guys think?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/artic ... ay/4291253

@};-
I think he needs to play a year at Duke first. %-(
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 4th, 2011, 10:33 pm

I think he needs more than a year at Duke, but...if he didn't have that type of confidence, he might not be worth having.
:9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
duketaylor
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by duketaylor » March 7th, 2011, 12:20 am

"Rivers was gave his impression of Jordan."

Part of the article, either nice editing or really good English;)
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 8th, 2011, 3:37 pm

River's is all that and a bag of chips. I weep :(( :(( that he will never share the Cameron court with Kyrie. Seriously. I saw him play in the state semi game (Lakeland is only about 45 minutes from me) and watched the TV replay of the championship game (it was Saturday night...in retrospect I should have gone to Lakeland and taken a pass on the watching the Tarholes.)

He has all the physical skills. He has a truckoad of court sense...and most important this kid is a stone cold killer. He takes a shit load of abuse from the fans (in high school!!) screaming ugly stuff...not hostile ACC crowd caliber, but pretty intense for High School. He loves it. He feeds on it. It motivates him. He drips attitude. He IS the next hated Duke player. He will do whatever it takes to win.

This kid is good. Really really good. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 8th, 2011, 10:18 pm

windsor wrote:River's is all that and a bag of chips. I weep :(( :(( that he will never share the Cameron court with Kyrie. Seriously. I saw him play in the state semi game (Lakeland is only about 45 minutes from me) and watched the TV replay of the championship game (it was Saturday night...in retrospect I should have gone to Lakeland and taken a pass on the watching the Tarholes.)

He has all the physical skills. He has a truckoad of court sense...and most important this kid is a stone cold killer. He takes a shit load of abuse from the fans (in high school!!) screaming ugly stuff...not hostile ACC crowd caliber, but pretty intense for High School. He loves it. He feeds on it. It motivates him. He drips attitude. He IS the next hated Duke player. He will do whatever it takes to win.

This kid is good. Really really good. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
HELL YES!!!!
robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by robertduke32 » March 9th, 2011, 12:18 pm

CAN'T WAIT!!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 10th, 2011, 7:14 am

windsor wrote:River's is all that and a bag of chips. I weep :(( :(( that he will never share the Cameron court with Kyrie.
Are we 100% on this? I mean, I've read several places that AR and KI are good friends and were looking forward to playing at Duke together. I seem to recall seeing somewhere that AR's decision to go to Duke was in no small part due to KI being there. Are we sure KI won't stick around one more year? He LOVES Duke, clearly, and he got cheated out of his freshman season, plus the chance to play with his friend... I'm still hopeful.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 10th, 2011, 7:51 am

bjornolf wrote:
windsor wrote:River's is all that and a bag of chips. I weep :(( :(( that he will never share the Cameron court with Kyrie.
Are we 100% on this? I mean, I've read several places that AR and KI are good friends and were looking forward to playing at Duke together. I seem to recall seeing somewhere that AR's decision to go to Duke was in no small part due to KI being there. Are we sure KI won't stick around one more year? He LOVES Duke, clearly, and he got cheated out of his freshman season, plus the chance to play with his friend... I'm still hopeful.

@};-
David Stern: "And, with the first pick in the 2011 NBA (lock-out) draft, the Cleveland Crapaliers select _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 10th, 2011, 8:51 am

I think we're nuts if we try to convince ourselves that Kyrie won't declare for the draft this year.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 10th, 2011, 10:59 am

bjornolf wrote:

@};-
The odds you will ever see Kyrie on the court again in a Duke uniform are tiny.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
robertduke32

Post by robertduke32 » March 10th, 2011, 11:03 am

Very doubtful. The lockout is looming, the pay scale is likely to change, and so many other variables that are likely to sway him to declare for the Draft than not. However, maybe the possibility of playing for a terrible team, immediately missing an "earning year" due to a lockout will be enough for him to hang around and actually complete a year in college first. We can only hope. :D

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: