Post by EarlJam » February 22nd, 2011, 10:40 pm

Cat no go 'el Lunch!

Figure it out puzzle lovers.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Posters Puzzle Lovers Ongoing Poll...

Post by EarlJam » February 22nd, 2011, 10:52 pm

How many current or former Duke players can you identify (some very subtle references, some obvious) in the following paragraph?

Please, don't be late to the wedding. I've hurled dollar after dollar into this thing and even dug deep into the bank to reserve the entire park for you. You've been pretty disrespectful. There is no money fairy out there that just throws it at you. I am a maker of goods, but these are tough times. The hill can be tough to climb. And there are many hills in life, some greater than others. You can choose to be a success or you can retreat into booze and drugs and GREG NEWTON...and such. Don't be a doormat. Go the Christian way. Don't be a ding bat. Okay, I'm sorry I preach. I've ordered the spanarkling wine for the wedding. You'll love the brand. This event will be a work of art.

-EarlJam
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 22nd, 2011, 10:54 pm

EarlJam wrote:Cat no go 'el Lunch!

-EarlJam
I can find the words "Coach" and "toe" in there. This puzzle must be about Kyrie.

Am I close?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 23rd, 2011, 12:21 am

CathyCA wrote:

-EarlJam
I can find the words "Coach" and "toe" in there. This puzzle must be about Kyrie.

Am I close?

:9f:
Nope. But you may be able to create something else?

-Dan
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 23rd, 2011, 1:48 am

I got 14 so far, but I'm really sleepy. I'll hit it again in the morning. Hurley, Banks, C.Parks, Ferry, G. Hill, T. Hill ,Boozer, Newton, Laettner, Battier(?), Suddath, Spanarkel, Brand, and Art Whatsis (I'm sleepy and it's causing a very senior moment. Can't think of his last name.)
Love, Ima
Last edited by Ima Facultiwyfe on February 23rd, 2011, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 23rd, 2011, 1:56 am

Heyman, that's it. Now I can go to sleep. I also can add Amaker and Love.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by robertduke32 » February 24th, 2011, 12:00 pm

"retreat into booze and drugs..." therefore go on a *bender*...thus Bob Bender...BOOYA!
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 24th, 2011, 7:11 pm

robertduke32 wrote:"retreat into booze and drugs..." therefore go on a *bender*...thus Bob Bender...BOOYA!
Nah, drugs is clearly a reference to Taylor King :D
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 24th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Please, don't be late (Laettner) to the wedding. I've hurled (Hurley) dollar after dollar into this thing and even dug deep into the bank (Banks) to reserve the entire park (Parks) for you. You've been pretty disrespectful (Bilas :D ). There is no money fairy (Ferry) out there that just throws it at you. I am a maker (Amaker) of goods, but these are tough times. The hill (T Hill) can be tough to climb. And there are many hills (G Hill) in life, some greater than others. You can choose to be a success or you can retreat into booze (Boozer) and drugs (Taylor King) and GREG NEWTON...and such. Don't be a doormat (Matt Christiansen?). Go the Christian (Ast) way. Don't be a ding bat (Battier). Okay, I'm sorry I preach. I've ordered the spanarkling (Spanarkel) wine for the wedding. You'll love (Love) the brand (Brand). This event will be a work of art (Heyman).
I came up with 19. This is pretty sweet, but I wonder how one singler meagher dick reference wasn't made. Are you to meek to try that? I had a lot moore faith that you'd spend time mullin' this over, but you lefty's are impulsive. Ah, the price you pay when you try and heaps as many references in as possible.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 24th, 2011, 8:17 pm

EarlJam wrote:How many current or former Duke players can you identify (some very subtle references, some obvious) in the following paragraph?

Please, don't be late to the wedding. I've hurled dollar after dollar into this thing and even dug deep into the bank to reserve (Herbster, Liccardo, McKaig, Kolodziej, Vandenberg, Blackman, Shaw, Doughty, Kramer, Chili, O'Connell, Bell, Goetsch, Corrigan, Suddath, Anderson, Tissaw, Ford, King, Brickey, Smith, Davis, Burt, Clark, Wojo, Caldbeck, Heaps, Singleton, James, Dunleavy, Jones, Ewing, Buckner, Dockery, Melchionni, Johnson, McClure, Scheyer, Williams, Plumlee) the entire park for you. You've been pretty disrespectful. There is no money fairy out there that just throws it at you. I am a maker of goods, but these are tough times. The hill can be tough to climb. And there are many hills in life, some greater than others. You can choose to be a success or you can retreat into booze and drugs and GREG NEWTON...and such. Don't be a doormat. Go the Christian way. Don't be a ding bat. Okay, I'm sorry I preach. I've ordered the spanarkling wine for the wedding. You'll love the brand. This event will be a work of art.

-EarlJam
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 25th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:
Please, don't be late (Laettner) to the wedding. I've hurled (Hurley) dollar after dollar into this thing and even dug deep into the bank (Banks) to reserve the entire park (Parks) for you. You've been pretty disrespectful (Bilas :D ). There is no money fairy (Ferry) out there that just throws it at you. I am a maker (Amaker) of goods, but these are tough times. The hill (T Hill) can be tough to climb. And there are many hills (G Hill) in life, some greater than others. You can choose to be a success or you can retreat into booze (Boozer) and drugs (Taylor King) and GREG NEWTON...and such. Don't be a doormat (Matt Christiansen?). Go the Christian (Ast) way. Don't be a ding bat (Battier). Okay, I'm sorry I preach. I've ordered the spanarkling (Spanarkel) wine for the wedding. You'll love (Love) the brand (Brand). This event will be a work of art (Heyman).
I came up with 19. This is pretty sweet, but I wonder how one singler meagher dick reference wasn't made. Are you to meek to try that? I had a lot moore faith that you'd spend time mullin' this over, but you lefty's are impulsive. Ah, the price you pay when you try and heaps as many references in as possible.
-Did we have a player named "sweet?" Seems like we did.
-Christian Laettner (pretty, so women and gay men said)
-Kyle Singler
-Dan Meagher
-Dick Groat
-Eric Meek
-"Moore?" Tony Moore?
-Jeff Mullins
-Lefty Driesell
-Ricky Price (whatever happened to him?)
-Jay Heaps

This, by the way, is awesome. Thanks!

-EarlJam
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 25th, 2011, 1:34 pm

-EarlJam
No one ever figured this out by the way.

Too difficult? Apathy? Hate? Charlie Sheen? Okay. Let's go with Apathy. :happy-bouncyblue:

-EarlJam
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 25th, 2011, 2:16 pm

EarlJam wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote:
-Did we have a player named "sweet?" Seems like we did.
-Christian Laettner (pretty, so women and gay men said)
-Kyle Singler
-Dan Meagher
-Dick Groat
-Eric Meek
-"Moore?" Tony Moore?
-Jeff Mullins
-Lefty Driesell
-Ricky Price (whatever happened to him?)
-Jay Heaps

This, by the way, is awesome. Thanks!

-EarlJam
Well, I didn't mean pretty to be Laettner, but the rest are all correct (Andre Sweet)

And I have not been able to get the other puzzle yet.