Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukeUsul » February 21st, 2011, 9:02 pm

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
wilson wrote:Zooey Deschanel.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Just sayin'.
Huge crush. HUGE CRUSH.
You're married. Back off. :Angry Orc: :paladin: :OrcArmed: :dwarf: :elf: :fight:
It's ok, my wife has a huge crush on he too.
-- DukeUsul
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 21st, 2011, 9:05 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
wilson wrote:
Just sayin'.
You're married. Back off. :Angry Orc: :paladin: :OrcArmed: :dwarf: :elf: :fight:
It's ok, my wife has a huge crush on he too.
She's married too. Zooey is mine. :Angry Orc: :paladin: :OrcArmed: :dwarf: :elf: :fight:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 21st, 2011, 9:29 pm

Since we have a 'niece' thing going on, I must share tonight's story.
My niece came to visit tonight. I didn't think she was going to make it. Her mother was already here. Between where she lives and my house, there are 40 miles in between. However, the trip only requires making 3 turns, one of which is the turn into the driveway here. Simple...right? HAH!

She called from about halfway, having missed the first turn, but could not give me an accurate description of where she was before her call was dropped. She called again 10 minutes later and still could not decribe where she was before dropping out. 30 minutes pass. She calls and gives a description of going past a lot of fields and horse pastures. Again, call drops. I assume she has completely by-passed the town where I live and has ventured into the neighboring county. Dropped calls are a clue, here. 15 minutes later, next call. She speaks with her mother over speaker phone so I can hear. This time, at her suggestion, she asks her mom to give her our address so she can key it into herGPS!!!

Damn! All this f#*&kin' time, this little twerp had a GPS???? And, nobody said a damn word about it???? Wrecking my weary brain, trying to figure out where she was, so that I could give the proper directions here...and she never mentioned that she owned a GPS???? I could pinch her little head off! Okay. Fine. I'll have a beer and watch TV.

When she finally got here, I had guessed right. She was in the next county at the time of her last call...20 miles away, 180 degrees off course from where she began. After dinner, I offered to teach her how to read a map.

She drove up here, to our house, from Orlando about 18 months ago, at our directions over the phone. She missed a turn that night, too. Also, she got a speeding ticket near Laurinburg, on Hwy 74. No GPS was utilized that night. B-)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 21st, 2011, 9:37 pm

captmojo wrote:Since we have a 'niece' thing going on, I must share tonight's story.
My niece came to visit tonight. I didn't think she was going to make it. Her mother was already here. Between where she lives and my house, there are 40 miles in between. However, the trip only requires making 3 turns, one of which is the turn into the driveway here. Simple...right? HAH!

She called from about halfway, having missed the first turn, but could not give me an accurate description of where she was before her call was dropped. She called again 10 minutes later and still could not decribe where she was before dropping out. 30 minutes pass. She calls and gives a description of going past a lot of fields and horse pastures. Again, call drops. I assume she has completely by-passed the town where I live and has ventured into the neighboring county. Dropped calls are a clue, here. 15 minutes later, next call. She speaks with her mother over speaker phone so I can hear. This time, at her suggestion, she asks her mom to give her our address so she can key it into herGPS!!!

Damn! All this f#*&kin' time, this little twerp had a GPS???? And, nobody said a damn word about it???? Wrecking my weary brain, trying to figure out where she was, so that I could give the proper directions here...and she never mentioned that she owned a GPS???? I could pinch her little head off! Okay. Fine. I'll have a beer and watch TV.

When she finally got here, I had guessed right. She was in the next county at the time of her last call...20 miles away, 180 degrees off course from where she began. After dinner, I offered to teach her how to read a map.

She drove up here, to our house, from Orlando about 18 months ago, at our directions over the phone. She missed a turn that night, too. Also, she got a speeding ticket near Laurinburg, on Hwy 74. No GPS was utilized that night. B-)
Very few things try my patience more than a terrible sense of direction.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 21st, 2011, 9:40 pm

By the way, ZOOEY is a killer SCRABBLE word. :ymapplause:

Just sayin'. :-ss :-B
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » February 21st, 2011, 9:41 pm

Paging DinK!
While we're on a 'niece' thing...DinK, Son of and I were watching Sportsnation today. It appears there were 2 instances of Duke players being ridiculed, with video clips shown at the end of the show. Your Michelle seemed to take a postion of delight. B-) For one, Singler being hit in the face, by the ball, coming off as an untouched rebound. The other was when Thornton got sandwiched and shoved to the floor, being called for a foul. The show has taken on a flavor of 'Duke hating'.

I ain't sayin'...I'm just sayin'. :-\
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 21st, 2011, 9:42 pm

captmojo wrote:
captmojo wrote:Since we have a 'niece' thing going on, I must share tonight's story.

When she finally got here, I had guessed right. She was in the next county at the time of her last call...20 miles away, 180 degrees off course from where she began. She had passed right through town! After dinner, I offered to teach her how to read a map.

You quoted yourself but didn't say anything new? But good story. What color hair does your niece have? =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 21st, 2011, 9:47 pm

captmojo wrote:Paging DinK!
While we're on a 'niece' thing...DinK, Son of and I were watching Sportsnation today. It appears there were 2 instances of Duke players being ridiculed, with video clips shown at the end of the show. Your Michelle seemed to take a postion of delight. B-) For one, Singler being hit in the face, by the ball, coming off as an untouched rebound. The other was when Thornton got sandwiched and shoved to the floor, being called for a foul. The show has taken on a flavor of 'Duke hating'.

Kyle was laughing at himself after he missed that rebound off his jaw.

DinK, we will have to rescind our Brunchgate invitation to Michelle if she's going to be a bandwagon Duke hater. Talk to the girl!

captmojo

Post by captmojo » February 21st, 2011, 9:58 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: You quoted yourself but didn't say anything new? But good story. What color hair does your niece have? =))
I fixed that double quote thingy.
As for her hair...what month is this? It changes about every 30 days. I think that naturally, it's brown. :twitch:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 21st, 2011, 11:34 pm

I started in on a new Wii game tonight. Wonderful, terrible idea.
:yoda: :vader: :stormtrooper: :bobafett: :r2d2:
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 21st, 2011, 11:49 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Just sayin'.
Huge crush. HUGE CRUSH.
She's got a surprisingly nice singing voice, too.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 21st, 2011, 11:57 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
Just sayin'.
Huge crush. HUGE CRUSH.
She's got a surprisingly nice singing voice, too.
Yes, she does. Her commercial musical potential was discovered via her singing scenes in 'Elf'. She & Him (her main recording duo) have some really nice stuff.
I want to hug her.
And maybe do a few other things.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 22nd, 2011, 1:44 am

wilson wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:She's got a surprisingly nice singing voice, too.
Yes, she does. Her commercial musical potential was discovered via her singing scenes in 'Elf'. She & Him (her main recording duo) have some really nice stuff.
I want to hug her.
And maybe do a few other things.
A friend of mine got to see her perform here in Seattle, with Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidjlee/ ... 184592341/

(Wikipedia in fact reports them as married?!?)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 22nd, 2011, 5:01 am

Have you guys seen "The Eulogy"? She's pretty good in that, as well as the TV series "Tin Man".

If you just want to see "her", you should see "Gigantic."

Of course, she's also married...to Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
captmojo

Post by captmojo » February 22nd, 2011, 5:51 am

Well, the niece followed her mother down the highway, and somehow or other, they magically found their way home. :-o
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 22nd, 2011, 10:22 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

DinK, we will have to rescind our Brunchgate invitation to Michelle if she's going to be a bandwagon Duke hater. Talk to the girl!
On a better note, her cast appeared to be Duke blue to me.

And someone needs to counter balance Colin's Duke love. Did you catch the debate between Colin and Hubert Davis on whether Duke could win it all?
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 22nd, 2011, 10:57 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

And someone needs to counter balance Colin's Duke love. Did you catch the debate between Colin and Hubert Davis on whether Duke could win it all?
I didn't see the show (it's been a while since I have watched it). She's in a cast? She have turf toe or break/tear something else?

wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 22nd, 2011, 11:45 am

Pretty dead 'round these parts today. Are y'all working or something?
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 22nd, 2011, 11:54 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: quote="captmojo" Paging DinK!

I ain't sayin'...I'm just sayin'. :-\ /quote

I didn't see the show (it's been a while since I have watched it). She's in a cast? She have turf toe or break/tear something else?
She slipped on ice in the parking lot and broke her ankle. I think yesterday was her first day back.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 22nd, 2011, 12:11 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:She slipped on ice in the parking lot and broke her ankle. I think yesterday was her first day back.
It was her first day back. They had some fun stand-ins in her absence, but she's the best...she and Cowherd do well together, and he has really grown on me recently (couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that he's a big-time respecter of Duke...).
*Resisting urge to make joke about kissing DinK's niece and making it better*