LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » February 19th, 2011, 5:25 pm

CathyCA wrote:Woo-hoo, Nebraska! That was fun!
I got to hear their radio broadcast of those last minutes. What a boring pair of announcers they have.
I thought of Maryland. I'm glad they held on.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 19th, 2011, 6:20 pm

I'm always glad when rick barns loses. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke:
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » February 19th, 2011, 7:31 pm

OMG I love Allen & Son's barbecue. Light years better than Bullock's. Better than Stamey's. Better than Wilber's. It's like heaven on a bun. Sucks that it's in Chapel Hill though.
-- DukeUsul
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 19th, 2011, 7:54 pm

DukeUsul wrote:OMG I love Allen & Son's barbecue. Light years better than Bullock's. Better than Stamey's. Better than Wilber's. It's like heaven on a bun. Sucks that it's in Chapel Hill though.
If you want to avoid the Dump on the Hump, there's an Allen and Sons way out on Hwy 15-501 in Bynum, almost to Pittsboro. Ymmmm!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 19th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm always glad when rick barns loses. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke:
Now THAT'S great news.

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » February 19th, 2011, 8:27 pm

DukePA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:OMG I love Allen & Son's barbecue. Light years better than Bullock's. Better than Stamey's. Better than Wilber's. It's like heaven on a bun. Sucks that it's in Chapel Hill though.
If you want to avoid the Dump on the Hump, there's an Allen and Sons way out on Hwy 15-501 in Bynum, almost to Pittsboro. Ymmmm!
Yeah but I'm in Derm so getting to the north side of the dump is better than having to actually drive THROUGH the dump to get to Pitsboro. It's worth slumming it, though.
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 19th, 2011, 10:09 pm

I don't really like Bullock's BBQ. Allen and Sons is good. Smithfields, IMO, is the best. I know...not one in Durham. We go to the one in Mebane. Its not too far for us. :duke:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 20th, 2011, 12:44 am

Bullock's is so terrible. I honestly don't understand how they're still in business. And anyway, despite being a Durham "institution," those people are carolina fans.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 20th, 2011, 8:46 am

Not only did Texas lose, but Kansas lost and St. John's took out Pitt for us. 1, 2, and 4 all lost this week. They kept harping on us losing as a number 1 to unranked teams more than any other team over the last decade the other week on ESPN. Who's been number 1 more than we have over that time span? Who's been number 1 with a tougher schedule than us? Who has more teams circle us on their calendars at the beginning of the season than we do? Just by the law of averages, it makes sense.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 20th, 2011, 10:48 am

wilson wrote:
Bullock's is so terrible. I honestly don't understand how they're still in business. And anyway, despite being a Durham "institution," those people are carolina fans.
As bad as they are, I'd take ANY Carolina-style BBQ here in Lexington.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 20th, 2011, 11:26 am

Lavabe wrote:...I'd take ANY Carolina-style BBQ here in Lexington.
There's a delicious, easy recipe in the Recipe Thread. Just sayin'. ;)
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » February 20th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
I don't really like Bullock's BBQ. Allen and Sons is good. Smithfields, IMO, is the best. I know...not one in Durham. We go to the one in Mebane. Its not too far for us. :duke:
Smithfield's is good (we used to hit the "new" one in Morrisville back when we lived in Cary). But I think I like Allen & Son better. More smokey flavor. And as someone who has always hated cole slaw, I absolutely adore A&S's cole slaw. It just makes the sandwich.
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 20th, 2011, 8:08 pm

My mom is so precious.

This afternoon she called me and asked me to ride with her to the ATM. There have been a few robberies at this particular ATM and she wanted to have someone else in the car with her while she transferred money from her money market account to her checking account.

"Mom, you can transfer money from one account to the other online."

"I'm not going to put my bank account numbers out there on the internet for anyone to find."

"Mom, they encrypt the information. You'll be doing it in the privacy of your own home."

"I don't want that information going out over the internet. Someone might steal my identity."

SIGH.

I rode with her to the ATM. I was the "lookout" for robbers. I don't know what I would have done if someone had attempted to rob us. Take their picture with my camera, I suppose.

I just had to vent. . .

Did I mention how precious my mom is and how much I love her?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 20th, 2011, 10:12 pm

CathyCA wrote:I rode with her to the ATM. I was the "lookout" for robbers. I don't know what I would have done if someone had attempted to rob us. Take their picture with my camera, I suppose.
Well...you do take great photos.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 21st, 2011, 12:26 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I rode with her to the ATM. I was the "lookout" for robbers. I don't know what I would have done if someone had attempted to rob us. Take their picture with my camera, I suppose.
Well...you do take great photos.
Very true, and then CB&B can paint the robbers a painting for their cell walls...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 21st, 2011, 9:04 am

CathyCA wrote:My mom is so precious.

This afternoon she called me and asked me to ride with her to the ATM. There have been a few robberies at this particular ATM and she wanted to have someone else in the car with her while she transferred money from her money market account to her checking account.

"Mom, you can transfer money from one account to the other online."

"I'm not going to put my bank account numbers out there on the internet for anyone to find."

"Mom, they encrypt the information. You'll be doing it in the privacy of your own home."

"I don't want that information going out over the internet. Someone might steal my identity."

SIGH.

I rode with her to the ATM. I was the "lookout" for robbers. I don't know what I would have done if someone had attempted to rob us. Take their picture with my camera, I suppose.

I just had to vent. . .

Did I mention how precious my mom is and how much I love her?

:9f:
I love your Mom! But I can imagine that she would drive you crazy X( on occasion. Moms are good for that.

BTW, good pictures of criminals are always welcome in the law enforcement community. :Police:
Iron Duke #1471997.
robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by robertduke32 » February 21st, 2011, 5:41 pm

Reminds me of both my parents, God bless'em.... :ymhug: :ymhug:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 21st, 2011, 7:22 pm

Zooey Deschanel.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Just sayin'.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » February 21st, 2011, 8:53 pm

wilson wrote:Zooey Deschanel.
Just sayin'.
Huge crush. HUGE CRUSH.
-- DukeUsul
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 21st, 2011, 8:57 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
wilson wrote:Zooey Deschanel.
Just sayin'.
Huge crush. HUGE CRUSH.
You're married. Back off. :Angry Orc: :paladin: :OrcArmed: :dwarf: :elf: :fight: