Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Who BeDeviled the boxscore against UNC?

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 10th, 2011, 10:45 am

Who BeDeviled the boxscore last night?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Who BeDeviled the boxscore against UNC?

Post by wilson » February 10th, 2011, 10:53 am

Miles gets my vote. He and his brother both were rather lost in the first half, but I thought the second might well have been his best of the season. Interior defense, rebounding, and general toughness, plus a bevy of really heady plays, such as a series of Zoubek-style tip-outs to open shooters, were a major key to the comeback.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 10th, 2011, 11:54 am

Kyle. Horrible shooting game. Shoulda gone to the line for AT LEAST 6 more FT. But, was able to shut down prince harry whose stock and confidence has been on the rise lately. 10 points and 8 boards aren't that impressive but he played a tough game defensively. I like guys that will do the dirty work for the team. Sometimes with taking charges, sometimes with an extra rejection or two, double digit rebounds or an extra steal or two.

Oh, and BTW: go clumpson and :9f: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 10th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Okay. It was Seth. The offense that poured forth from him the second half was considered by me, to be essential. Kyle was so keyed up from having to work so hard, on both ends of the floor, that his shots were all back-rimming misses. Kyle got many good looks, but unable to hit, Seth was able to make up for Kyle's inability to put the ball through the nets.

Defensively, I can't single any one player out as a difference maker. Doing what was neccessary to achieve that success was a team effort that worked.

The coaching staff is not on the list. They would have to be a close second, or maybe a close first for the award. The instructions and adjustments that they were able to see deployed for the second half were a big part of the outcome.
:9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Rudedog
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Rudedog » February 10th, 2011, 2:02 pm

It's gotta be Seth. No one but Nolan stepped up in the 1st half. Seth wash huge and was really the catalyst of the run that got us the lead. His best game at Duke yet. He was absolutely on fire last night. Without him, Duke wouldn't have won that game
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 10th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Once again, it's Singler. Sacrificing his body and his numbers for the good of everybody else ---- and keeping his head on straight the whole time. Handling the toughest defensive duties takes its toll on his scoring, but he just gets it done. He's always the steady force. I think it was Harry Truman who said, "It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit." That's the true meaning of "BeDeviling the box score" .

Love, :9f:
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 10th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Since I couldn't vote for Larry Drew :ymdevil: (does anyone besdies me think he might have been helpful against Nolan and Seth?) I voted for Seth.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 10th, 2011, 10:23 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Once again, it's Singler. Sacrificing his body and his numbers for the good of everybody else ---- and keeping his head on straight the whole time. Handling the toughest defensive duties takes its toll on his scoring, but he just gets it done. He's always the steady force. I think it was Harry Truman who said, "It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit." That's the true meaning of "BeDeviling the box score" .

Yes, that's a Harry Truman quote, and it's one of my favorites. I have it on my FB page.

I also vote for Kyle. He didn't have much offensive production, but he had those intangibles, and he played vintage Duke defense. He's the consummate team player.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 10th, 2011, 10:45 pm

I went with Seth because of his second half scoring. However, I can understand and respect the selection of Kyle. I find it especially enlightening that two people who were at the game (dd, Ima) picked Kyle. I don't think his contributions were as obvious when watching on TV, but he did a great job of shutting down Prince Harry. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 10th, 2011, 11:08 pm

I voted for Kyle as well. Loved the Plumlee's defense and rebounding in the second half, but I had to go with Kyle.

:9f: :9f:
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 11th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Once again, it's Singler. Sacrificing his body and his numbers for the good of everybody else ---- and keeping his head on straight the whole time. Handling the toughest defensive duties takes its toll on his scoring, but he just gets it done. He's always the steady force. I think it was Harry Truman who said, "It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit." That's the true meaning of "BeDeviling the box score" .

Great post!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.