2012 prospect picks Duke

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

2012 prospect picks Duke

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 7th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Alex Murphy has verbally committed to Duke. Murphy is a 6'8", 215 pound SF and is currently ranked as the 15th best prospect in 2012 by ESPN.

:9f: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: 2012 prospect picks Duke

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 7th, 2011, 1:55 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Alex Murphy has verbally committed to Duke. Murphy is a 6'8", 215 pound SF and is currently ranked as the 15th best prospect in 2012 by ESPN.

:Clap: :ymapplause: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 7th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Alex Murphy has verbally committed to Duke. Murphy is a 6'8", 215 pound SF and is currently ranked as the 15th best prospect in 2012 by ESPN.

Apparently needs to work on strength, but is considered currently to be a blend of Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Kyle Singler. A nice combination, I respectfully suggest.
:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 7th, 2011, 2:43 pm

I hope all of the 2012 prospects are at the duke unc game!!!! GO DUKE!!!!
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 7th, 2011, 4:00 pm

From Gary Parrish (even though he's a douchenozzle):
http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com ... 4/27426309

Murphy -- the younger brother of Florida's Erik Murphy -- is a standout in the Class of 2012, though it's possible he could graduate early and enroll at Duke in time for next season. The 6-foot-8 forward from Massachusetts told Scout.com that decision will be made later.

"I’m going to focus on my high school season and finish it out strong and hopefully win a championship," Murphy said. "The 2011 and 2012 thing will be something discussed with my family sometime in the spring and after the season."

Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 10th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Sounds like Rasheed Suliamon gave a verbal commitment on his visit. Suliamon is a 2012 combo guard.

http://twitter.com/ny2lasports/status/35878666558775296

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » February 12th, 2011, 9:57 am

We need to sign a big man in 2012. Either Tony Parker or Kaleb Tarczewski would be great. Scout ranks Parker as the #39 prospect and Tarczewski as the #9.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... id=4112397

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... id=4584505
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 12th, 2011, 11:23 am

Bob Green wrote:We need to sign a big man in 2012. Either Tony Parker or Kaleb Tarczewski would be great. Scout ranks Parker as the #39 prospect and Tarczewski as the #9.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... id=4112397

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... id=4584505
Hard to believe Parker is rated lower than Kaleb. It appears Parker is a very important focus for us, in addition to the folks down the wrong direction on 15/501. I'm not sure we are recruiting Kaleb any more (or vice versa) based on reports from folks that are pretty reliable over on DBR.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 13th, 2011, 9:18 pm

devildeac wrote:Hard to believe Parker is rated lower than Kaleb. It appears Parker is a very important focus for us, in addition to the folks down the wrong direction on 15/501. I'm not sure we are recruiting Kaleb any more (or vice versa) based on reports from folks that are pretty reliable over on DBR.
My understanding is also that Tony Parker is the higher rated player of the two. It'd be really nice to get him, especially since he has that really hot wife. Oh, wait...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 13th, 2011, 11:16 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:Hard to believe Parker is rated lower than Kaleb. It appears Parker is a very important focus for us, in addition to the folks down the wrong direction on 15/501. I'm not sure we are recruiting Kaleb any more (or vice versa) based on reports from folks that are pretty reliable over on DBR.
My understanding is also that Tony Parker is the higher rated player of the two. It'd be really nice to get him, especially since he has that really hot wife. Oh, wait...
This recruiting battle should be very interesting as apparently, unc is going full force on the negative recruiting route saying Duke doesn't develop big men and he shouldn't go to Duke because all he would do for his career would be set high screens for our perimeter players. I'd bet K shows him some videos of Brand, Boozer and Shelden working on the blocks.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 14th, 2011, 9:12 am

devildeac wrote:This recruiting battle should be very interesting as apparently, unc is going full force on the negative recruiting route saying Duke doesn't develop big men and he shouldn't go to Duke because all he would do for his career would be set high screens for our perimeter players. I'd bet K shows him some videos of Brand, Boozer and Shelden working on the blocks.
Yeah, I've been following that thread OY a little bit. If the kid has a head on his shoulders, he should be able to plainly see that the above argument doesn't hold water.
There's also that bit about how HB would have had to play the 4 at Duke, but not at unc, nevermind that a) he has played some 4 this year, and b) Coach K talks all the time about how we often don't play a system with strictly defined positions, and c) unc sucks my butt.
Either way, the notion that Roy had passed K in the recruiting wars is plainly false, and whether or not we get this kid, we will be fine.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 14th, 2011, 9:30 am

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:This recruiting battle should be very interesting as apparently, unc is going full force on the negative recruiting route saying Duke doesn't develop big men and he shouldn't go to Duke because all he would do for his career would be set high screens for our perimeter players. I'd bet K shows him some videos of Brand, Boozer and Shelden working on the blocks.
Yeah, I've been following that thread OY a little bit. If the kid has a head on his shoulders, he should be able to plainly see that the above argument doesn't hold water.
There's also that bit about how HB would have had to play the 4 at Duke, but not at unc, nevermind that a) he has played some 4 this year, and b) Coach K talks all the time about how we often don't play a system with strictly defined positions, and c) unc sucks my butt.
Either way, the notion that Roy had passed K in the recruiting wars is plainly false, and whether or not we get this kid, we will be fine.
If we get him, K will "re-design" the O so he gets lots of touches in the low post PLUS set screens for his wings to get to the rim. Just like he "re-designed" the O when Kyrie went down so we could also attack from the wings, not just from the top of the key, with an occasion bone thrown to the Plumlees on the low blocks. If we don't get him, we'll go back to the motion O we've run for years and, I agree, we'll be fine. Plus, Mason and Ryan will still be here as seniors (hopefully) and Marshall will have spent a year in the system AND weight room, gained about 25-30 pounds of brute muscle strength, grow a beard, channel his inner Zoubek and be a fine inside player. :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 14th, 2011, 9:38 am

devildeac wrote:If we get him, K will "re-design" the O so he gets lots of touches in the low post PLUS set screens for his wings to get to the rim. Just like he "re-designed" the O when Kyrie went down so we could also attack from the wings, not just from the top of the key, with an occasion bone thrown to the Plumlees on the low blocks. If we don't get him, we'll go back to the motion O we've run for years and, I agree, we'll be fine. Plus, Mason and Ryan will still be here as seniors (hopefully) and Marshall will have spent a year in the system AND weight room, gained about 25-30 pounds of brute muscle strength, grow a beard, channel his inner Zoubek and be a fine inside player. :D
Good summary. I'm not sure how anyone can reasonably claim that there's some sort of rigid system in place whereby K's teams have to get their points in the same fashion year after year. The only Triangle coach I know of who fits that description generally wears a lighter, ugly shade of blue.
:9f: