NC State game

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

NC State game

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 5th, 2011, 4:58 pm

CJ Leslie has been suspended for violating team rules. Harrow is a game time decision. Smith is playing, but apparently his knee has been hurting.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: NC State game

Post by Bob Green » February 5th, 2011, 5:20 pm

Earlier today I posted on an email group that I thought the game would be closer than the 19.5 points Vegas has us favored. With the news C.J. Leslie has been suspended, :violin: if I was in Vegas right now, I would put money on Duke to cover the spread. I hope we focus on dumping the ball inside and taking it right at Tracy Smith as he isn't 100 percent so we should be able to exploit him and get him into foul trouble.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm

And Harrow is bound to be a little weak if he's just coming off an illness so I am betting he won't play much.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 5th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Dear Herb,

Wow, it's been a long time! How have you been? Are you still out there in the desert? I hope you are happy out there, really I do.

Look, I've been thinking. I think I was just being impulsive and crazy and didn't realize what we had. I miss you so much. And I've changed - I'm more mature and understanding. And this time apart made me realize just how good we were together. Do you think we could talk? I don't need a decision now, but maybe mid-March or something? You can even call my cell - I won't tell anyone we talked. I just keep thinking about our time together and I realize that I've let a few bad moments overshadow the good times. I know you have to be you and I need to accept that, and not compare you to anyone else.

I miss you and hope to hear from you soon.

Wolpfack
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 5th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Dear Herb,

Wow, it's been a long time! How have you been? Are you still out there in the desert? I hope you are happy out there, really I do.

Look, I've been thinking. I think I was just being impulsive and crazy and didn't realize what we had. I miss you so much. And I've changed - I'm more mature and understanding. And this time apart made me realize just how good we were together. Do you think we could talk? I don't need a decision now, but maybe mid-March or something? You can even call my cell - I won't tell anyone we talked. I just keep thinking about our time together and I realize that I've let a few bad moments overshadow the good times. I know you have to be you and I need to accept that, and not compare you to anyone else.

I miss you and hope to hear from you soon.

Wolpfack
:)) =)) :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 6th, 2011, 9:17 am

Funniest thing I saw at the game yesterday - during the last time out when they were showing crowd shots on the jumbotron there was a shot of a pair of wolfpack fans in the upper deck crowd with paper bags over their heads! Hilarious!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 6th, 2011, 11:58 am

shereec wrote:Funniest thing I saw at the game yesterday - during the last time out when they were showing crowd shots on the jumbotron there was a shot of a pair of wolfpack fans in the upper deck crowd with paper bags over their heads! Hilarious!
We noticed that too! Too funny! So clever, in fact, that we wondered if it wasn't really two Duke folks in disguise. Some Crazies should copy that for Wednesday night.

I loved the WE ARE "KRZYZ" sign. Can't believe we never thought of that spelling before! Really clever.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 6th, 2011, 3:08 pm

There was a lot to like from what we saw last night. There was also a lot to be wary of. It was another tale of two halves. The first half was about as good as we've seen this season. The second half...not so much.

Since I'm mostly critical in the negative, I see some bad free throw shooting. Not just off, but bad. Champions are not known for shooting under 70% from the line. These misses were fundamentally bad. Flat shots and rushed shots with bad ball flight rotation that even came from Curry and Singler. Hairston hit a pair that probably no one else could have because he shoots them all that way. The speed of the ball is slow enough, that his line drive can't go anywhere else but straight down when it hits the back of the rim.

The other thing that bugged me was the complacency that the Devils seemed to show in the second half. To agree with something written by Jim Sumner OY, it's easy for any group of youngsters to slack up when holding a 30 point lead. They can't afford to let up like that Wednesday night.

This stuff is correctable and I suppose it will be.

At times, Nolan looked superhuman.
:9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"