LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » February 3rd, 2011, 5:00 pm

I'm trying to kick the rest of this little bug today, and knowing how bored I am, Mom popped through at lunchtime with a present for me, John Feinstein's A March to Madness. It's pretty darned good, and highly recommended for anyone who loves ACC hoops (which, it seems, would be pretty much all of you...).
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 3rd, 2011, 5:18 pm

wilson wrote:I'm trying to kick the rest of this little bug today, and knowing how bored I am, Mom popped through at lunchtime with a present for me, John Feinstein's A March to Madness. It's pretty darned good, and highly recommended for anyone who loves ACC hoops (which, it seems, would be pretty much all of you...).
That IS a great book. Hope you feel better dude. Vibes. So NOT the flu????

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 3rd, 2011, 5:33 pm

EarlJam wrote:...So NOT the flu????

-EarlJam
If yesterday had been gameday for me, I'd have been a scratch with "flu-like symptoms." Not sure exactly what it was/is, but I'm fairly certain that I've mostly dodged a bullet (crossing fingers), and hopeful that I'll be more or less back to normal tomorrow.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » February 3rd, 2011, 6:36 pm

EarlJam wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Is it just me, or do the Maryland unis look like the Bojangles logo?

@};-
Damn. That's a good call! They DO look like the Bojangles boxes. Holy cow. Good one!

-EarlJam
I was chatting with my baby brother a bit during the game. He went to Maryland for two years, then transferred to an art school in Philly - which he never finished. Now he's a struggling musician living paycheck to paycheck. Anyway, he told me he thought the yellow was horrible and reminded him of McDonald's uniforms. In my less gentle times I'd have cracked back something about MD grads and working at McDonald's. Luckily I thought better of it rather than piss him off so bad he'd never talk to me.
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 3rd, 2011, 7:55 pm

wilson wrote:I'm trying to kick the rest of this little bug today, and knowing how bored I am, Mom popped through at lunchtime with a present for me, John Feinstein's A March to Madness. It's pretty darned good, and highly recommended for anyone who loves ACC hoops (which, it seems, would be pretty much all of you...).
I've read most of what he's written.

He had a cute younger brother.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 3rd, 2011, 10:19 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We bought 20 windows, at the Habit for Humanity Resale Store today. They are brand new. $15.00 each. Also bought kitchen cabinets, 17 in all that match. They are used. We will paint then and get new counter tops. They are nice ones and in very good condition. Cost was $500.00. We're getting ready to build our house on Kerr Lake. I am excited. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
That's a great deal! Are the windows double pane energy efficient windows or just regular single pane windows?
Double pane. That's what made them such a good deal.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 3rd, 2011, 10:20 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We bought 20 windows, at the Habit for Humanity Resale Store today. They are brand new. $15.00 each. Also bought kitchen cabinets, 17 in all that match. They are used. We will paint then and get new counter tops. They are nice ones and in very good condition. Cost was $500.00. We're getting ready to build our house on Kerr Lake. I am excited. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
That's a great deal! Are the windows double pane energy efficient windows or just regular single pane windows?
Double pane. That's what made them such a good deal.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 3rd, 2011, 10:23 pm

CathyCA wrote:
I've read most of what he's written.

He had a cute younger brother.
At least one of them in the family is cute. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 3rd, 2011, 10:49 pm

:happy-wavemulticolor: POST 3700 :banana-jumprope: :auto-sportbike: :violence-captureflagred: :D
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 4th, 2011, 3:21 am

Wow, what a steal! I love resale/salvage stores like that -- there's a great one in Spokane that my contractor father-in-law frequents. He gets some great deals.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 4th, 2011, 3:22 am

Good news - results of the 3-hour glucose tolerance test returned normal, so no gestational diabetes, woot! :happy-bouncyblue:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 4th, 2011, 7:31 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Good news - results of the 3-hour glucose tolerance test returned normal, so no gestational diabetes, woot! :happy-bouncyblue:
Great news! Contests! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles

Post by Miles » February 4th, 2011, 7:40 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Good news - results of the 3-hour glucose tolerance test returned normal, so no gestational diabetes, woot! :happy-bouncyblue:
Right on DA!
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 4th, 2011, 7:50 am

Congratulations! I'm very relieved for you.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 4th, 2011, 8:05 am

Yay! Congrats DA! You and :happy-bouncymagenta: be good and healthy! :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY:

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 4th, 2011, 9:00 am

wilson wrote:
EarlJam wrote:...So NOT the flu????

-EarlJam
If yesterday had been gameday for me, I'd have been a scratch with "flu-like symptoms." Not sure exactly what it was/is, but I'm fairly certain that I've mostly dodged a bullet (crossing fingers), and hopeful that I'll be more or less back to normal tomorrow.
Glad your better. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 4th, 2011, 9:03 am

Great news!!! I know that must be a relief. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 4th, 2011, 9:07 am

I have a bone scan scheduled this afternoon. I'll be glad to get it done and behind me.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 4th, 2011, 9:12 am

Hearty sighs of relief for you, DA, and vibes for your procedure today, VDB.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 4th, 2011, 9:26 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Wow, what a steal! I love resale/salvage stores like that -- there's a great one in Spokane that my contractor father-in-law frequents. He gets some great deals.
I never find really good stuff like that. My late friend David always found deals online or from ads in the paper.

Last November, I stopped in at the Salvation Army thrift store on US 70 near the RDU Airport wanting to buy a half dozen winter coats to donate to the WRAL Coats for the Kids campaign - sort of maximizing my donation dollars and helping 2 organizations at the same time. I bought 7 coats of various sizes in great condition, but only donated the 6 I had originally planned to buy. The "official" NY Yankees lined nylon warm up jacket with the big 1998 Championship logo on the back, well, it fit me... :D and for the $7 it cost I figure I saved ~$100 or more from the original selling price.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com