Duke vs md

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Duke vs md

Post by devildeac » January 31st, 2011, 8:44 am

Do we learn from yesterday's disaster and pick up a nice road W or do they salivate while watching tape of the johnnies destroy us and take us to the woodshed again?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Duke vs md

Post by wilson » January 31st, 2011, 9:44 am

devildeac wrote:Do we learn from yesterday's disaster and pick up a nice road W or do they salivate while watching tape of the johnnies destroy us and take us to the woodshed again?
This is a big watershed moment for this year's team in my opinion. We simply can not afford to let the terps get us shell-shocked again (pun intended). I have no doubt that this sort of concern will be a point of conversation for the next couple of days.
We also need some schematic adjustments in my opinion. The defensive shortcomings, of course, were obvious yesterday. But I have also been saying for several weeks now that even though he's putting up spectacular individual numbers, I really am not sure that Nolan makes the rest of the team around him better (the hallmark of the best point guards). This team simply has to begin making a more concerted effort to create offense in the half-court, rather than simply whipping the ball around and looking for jump shot after jump shot. I don't care how open those looks might typically be, or how many good shooters we might have; that is a deficient manner in which to try and construct a total offensive system.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 31st, 2011, 11:50 am

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:Do we learn from yesterday's disaster and pick up a nice road W or do they salivate while watching tape of the johnnies destroy us and take us to the woodshed again?
This is a big watershed moment for this year's team in my opinion. We simply can not afford to let the terps get us shell-shocked again (pun intended). I have no doubt that this sort of concern will be a point of conversation for the next couple of days.
We also need some schematic adjustments in my opinion. The defensive shortcomings, of course, were obvious yesterday. But I have also been saying for several weeks now that even though he's putting up spectacular individual numbers, I really am not sure that Nolan makes the rest of the team around him better (the hallmark of the best point guards). This team simply has to begin making a more concerted effort to create offense in the half-court, rather than simply whipping the ball around and looking for jump shot after jump shot. I don't care how open those looks might typically be, or how many good shooters we might have; that is a deficient manner in which to try and construct a total offensive system.
What he said! :-ss
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 1st, 2011, 8:20 am

The Team and Staff leave this afternoon (Tuesday) headed to Twerpville, Maryland.

Bob Harris said last night on the Live Radio Show, he was taking his Hard hat with him. The announcers, sit right beside the bench.

I hope the students are not wearing teeshirts with vulgar words on them. MD students are the worse!!
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:The Team and Staff leave this afternoon (Tuesday) headed to Twerpville, Maryland.

Bob Harris said last night on the Live Radio Show, he was taking his Hard hat with him. The announcers, sit right beside the bench.

I hope the students are not wearing teeshirts with vulgar words on them. MD students are the worse!!
I hope you aren't holding your breath on this point
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 2nd, 2011, 10:23 am

I got a bad feeling about tonight's game. Nothing really more to say than that. It's a revenge game for Md., we are playing like parrot turds, and well, I just don't like it.

I really hope I'm wrong.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » February 2nd, 2011, 4:22 pm

not too thrilled myself, but im sure K is getting them ready for it

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... EM_ID=4200

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9_pPqWfI84
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.