NFL

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NFL

Post by Lavabe » December 27th, 2010, 10:13 pm

The Panthers COULD use their draft picks to select a few investigated football players from Chapaheeya.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 27th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Lavabe wrote:The Panthers COULD use their draft picks to select a few investigated football players from Chapaheeya.
Supposedly the next best possible player is DaQuan Bowers from Clemson, if he comes out early.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 28th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Speaking of Clemson, they have paid for a billboard spot in Charlotte that reads,
"Thank you Charlotte, for rolling out the orange carpet for us."

A classy play from the losing bunch. :-BD
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 28th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Oh yeah. This is the NFL thread. :doh:
Hurney has got to go. Davidson, too. Fox?
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 2nd, 2011, 1:04 pm

Fox will be gone, along with his staff. Wonder who else?
Replacement? Jay Glazer says they'll go cheap and look to promote an assistant from somewhere.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 2nd, 2011, 1:05 pm

One name popular with the pundits is Russ Grimm, one of the original Redskin Hogs.

Also...speaking directly to the cost issue...
The Carolina Panthers may well hire a younger, cheaper version of John Fox to replace him.

But when or if they do, it's going to be younger that matters far more than cheaper, no matter what you hear.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/1 ... oming.html
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 2nd, 2011, 1:54 pm

Speaking of NFL quarterbacks, I found out today that Sam Bradford and his parents were at the Christmas Eve service at my church. I missed the excitement!

Ryan Mallet (AR QB) will likely enter the draft this year. He'll be a good quarterback for someone. Not sure how he ranks in terms of QBs entering the draft. I'm sure he'll be available long after Cam Newton gets drafted.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 2nd, 2011, 2:29 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Speaking of NFL quarterbacks, I found out today that Sam Bradford and his parents were at the Christmas Eve service at my church. I missed the excitement!

Ryan Mallet (AR QB) will likely enter the draft this year. He'll be a good quarterback for someone. Not sure how he ranks in terms of QBs entering the draft. I'm sure he'll be available long after Cam Newton gets drafted.
Ryan Mallett is pretty popular among the draftniks, from what I heard. The main knock on him is that he's "too tall." Not sure why that is such a problem, unless his center is 5'6" and he never operates from the shotgun.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 9th, 2011, 11:39 am

Umm... WHAT kind of a TD run was THAT in the 4th quarter last night in the Seattle win over the Saints last night? That was amazing.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 9th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Lavabe wrote:Umm... WHAT kind of a TD run was THAT in the 4th quarter last night in the Seattle win over the Saints last night? That was amazing.
Methinks you answered your own question. :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 12th, 2011, 9:44 am

The national media seems to be giving the home-standing Atlanta Falcons but little chance on Saturday night. Naturally, I think this is a mistake, but then, I'm of course biased. I'm honestly wondering...what is the neutral take on the game around here?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 15th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Atlanta Falcons gameday, and boy, am I nervous. I jolted awake at 7 a.m. today, wondering what the hell I was supposed to do for 13 hours. Eventually I managed to make myself go back to sleep for a couple of hours, but there is still way too much time remaining until kickoff. Luckily, a 2 p.m. Duke game will serve as the perfect diversion for a couple of hours this afternoon. This is one of the few occasions on which Duke basketball takes a back seat to anything in my life.
My prediction for this evening? Falcons 27, Pack 21.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 15th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Jeff Tripplette is the ref for the Steelers-Ravens game. Isn't he the ref that screwed the Steelers some years ago on the coin toss in a playoff OT game? I can't remember all the specifics. I think it involved Jerome Bettis. I DO remember that Oedipus, who would say, "Carolina go to umph! Eat umph!" called him Jeff Fuckin' Tripplette for the rest of our marriage.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 15th, 2011, 6:05 pm

wilson wrote:Atlanta Falcons gameday, and boy, am I nervous. I jolted awake at 7 a.m. today, wondering what the hell I was supposed to do for 13 hours. Eventually I managed to make myself go back to sleep for a couple of hours, but there is still way too much time remaining until kickoff. Luckily, a 2 p.m. Duke game will serve as the perfect diversion for a couple of hours this afternoon. This is one of the few occasions on which Duke basketball takes a back seat to anything in my life.
31-10, Dirty Birds win. You're forgetting that wilson is back. Word filtered down to the locker room. That's all the mojo that the Falcons need.

FWIW, the NFL commercial with the Falcons on the bus has also earned them major league karma. :D
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » January 15th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:Atlanta Falcons gameday, and boy, am I nervous. I jolted awake at 7 a.m. today, wondering what the hell I was supposed to do for 13 hours. Eventually I managed to make myself go back to sleep for a couple of hours, but there is still way too much time remaining until kickoff. Luckily, a 2 p.m. Duke game will serve as the perfect diversion for a couple of hours this afternoon. This is one of the few occasions on which Duke basketball takes a back seat to anything in my life.
31-10, Dirty Birds win. You're forgetting that wilson is back. Word filtered down to the locker room. That's all the mojo that the Falcons need.

FWIW, the NFL commercial with the Falcons on the bus has also earned them major league karma. :D
Atlanta sucks.
-- DukeUsul
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 15th, 2011, 9:32 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Harumph! B-)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 15th, 2011, 10:31 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Atlanta sucks.
They sure seem to be doing just that.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 16th, 2011, 8:01 am

Lavabe wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Atlanta sucks.
They sure seem to be doing just that.
But... Green Bay blows. So, they're even. :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 28th, 2011, 8:34 pm

According to this, the majority of NFL owners are well prepared to wait out a two year lockout. It's of course hard to sympathize with the squabbles of millionaires (although I'm distinctly on the players' side in most respects here), but I'd really prefer for the league not to wipe out two whole campaigns.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 1st, 2011, 5:10 am

wilson wrote:According to this, the majority of NFL owners are well prepared to wait out a two year lockout. It's of course hard to sympathize with the squabbles of millionaires (although I'm distinctly on the players' side in most respects here), but I'd really prefer for the league not to wipe out two whole campaigns.
If a two-year wipeout comes to pass, there IS a solution for you and other NFL fans...

NASCAR!

;) :D