Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Exercise!

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2010, 10:05 pm

Planet Fitness just opened a gym in K-Vegas, and B and I joined tonight. It's actually cheaper for both of us to go Planet Fitness than I paid for just me at my old gym. We spent 35 minutes over there tonight. He ran and walked on the treadmill, and I did a 30 minute workout circuit of step aerobics interspersed with weight machines.

I hope I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning.

Surprisingly, as of this morning I had lost two pounds since Thanksgiving. Just 38 more to go (hehehe). Hey, I can dream.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 9th, 2010, 10:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Planet Fitness just opened a gym in K-Vegas, and B and I joined tonight. It's actually cheaper for both of us to go Planet Fitness than I paid for just me at my old gym. We spent 35 minutes over there tonight. He ran and walked on the treadmill, and I did a 30 minute workout circuit of step aerobics interspersed with weight machines.

I hope I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning.

Surprisingly, as of this morning I had lost two pounds since Thanksgiving. Just 38 more to go (hehehe). Hey, I can dream.
I'm glad y'all can go to the gym together.

As far as losing the weight, you could always have dental surgery.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 10th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Back to the gym tonight. I wasn't feeling too sore today, except for my triceps. I doubt things will be that good tomorrow. 35 minutes on treadmill, then another 40 minutes on machines because B decided he wanted to stay on his treadmill and watch the rest of "Pawn Stars."

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 10th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Had another tough EA Sports Active 2 workout today. The workouts that focus mostly on legs really get to me.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 14th, 2010, 10:01 pm

Forty-five minutes at gym tonight: fifteen on elliptical, fifteen on weight machines, fifteen on treadmill. Fifty-five minutes last night. I can't lift my arms.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 14th, 2010, 10:09 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Forty-five minutes at gym tonight: fifteen on elliptical, fifteen on weight machines, fifteen on treadmill. Fifty-five minutes last night. I can't lift my arms.
You go, girl! :ymapplause:

My workout today was EA Sports Active 2. Lots of lunges and squats. My legs hurt.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » December 15th, 2010, 12:50 am

You all rock, in case you didn't realize it. This thread was started almost four months ago - way to keep it up and keep exercising! :happy-bouncyblue:

:duke:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 15th, 2010, 8:21 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:You all rock, in case you didn't realize it. This thread was started almost four months ago - way to keep it up and keep exercising! :happy-bouncyblue:

:duke:
Thanks, DA! It's hard to stay motivated sometimes, but the pounds are slowly falling off. Ironically, I don't think I'm eating enough to lose weight. Need to eat more fruits and veggies.

I'm definitely more fit than I was at the outset.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 15th, 2010, 8:24 pm

I did another Workout from Hell on EA Sports Active 2 today. Only one more to go on the 4-week challenge that I started shortly after purchasing the program. :happy-bouncyblue: I still say, as brutal as the easy workout is, I'd hate to try moderate or difficult. My knees couldn't handle it. Not as many squats and lunges as yesterday, but lots of stride jumps. Man, I hate those things.

ETA: On the bright side, my weigh-in today at the doctor's office revealed that I've lost another pound. :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 15th, 2010, 10:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I did another Workout from Hell on EA Sports Active 2 today. Only one more to go on the 4-week challenge that I started shortly after purchasing the program. :happy-bouncyblue: I still say, as brutal as the easy workout is, I'd hate to try moderate or difficult. My knees couldn't handle it. Not as many squats and lunges as yesterday, but lots of stride jumps. Man, I hate those things.

ETA: On the bright side, my weigh-in today at the doctor's office revealed that I've lost another pound. :happy-bouncyblue:
Way to go, AD! I hate stride jumps and lunges. Ugh. I fall over on lunges.

Back to Planet Fitness tonight. Thirty minute express cardio workout, a dabbling of weight machines, and 25 minutes on a stationary bike. Somehow over the last week I have GAINED 3+ pounds. Not sure how that happened. X( I noticed it when I started a medication that I had run out of. Hmmm....
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 16th, 2010, 6:59 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I did another Workout from Hell on EA Sports Active 2 today. Only one more to go on the 4-week challenge that I started shortly after purchasing the program. :happy-bouncyblue: I still say, as brutal as the easy workout is, I'd hate to try moderate or difficult. My knees couldn't handle it. Not as many squats and lunges as yesterday, but lots of stride jumps. Man, I hate those things.

Way to go, AD! I hate stride jumps and lunges. Ugh. I fall over on lunges.

Back to Planet Fitness tonight. Thirty minute express cardio workout, a dabbling of weight machines, and 25 minutes on a stationary bike. Somehow over the last week I have GAINED 3+ pounds. Not sure how that happened. X( I noticed it when I started a medication that I had run out of. Hmmm....
Muscle weighs more than fat. The important thing is: how do your clothes fit? I'll bet they're loose! Keep exercising!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 17th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Holy cow. Just finished lower body workout from hell on EA Sports Active 2. Lunges and squats interspersed with cardio. My thighs are really talking to me right now. On the bright side, I just finished my last workout in the 4-week Cardio Kickstart program, and I didn't miss a single one! :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 17th, 2010, 7:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Holy cow. Just finished lower body workout from hell on EA Sports Active 2. Lunges and squats interspersed with cardio. My thighs are really talking to me right now. On the bright side, I just finished my last workout in the 4-week Cardio Kickstart program, and I didn't miss a single one! :happy-bouncyblue:
You go! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I guess we won't make the gym tonight, since we just finished supper and are entertaining Mom. Maybe tomorrow....
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 18th, 2010, 8:48 pm

I made it to the gym this afternoon for a 30 minute express workout, plus a dabbling of weight machines and a few minutes in the massage chair.

I got back in time to watch the holes choke. :ymdevil: :D
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 19th, 2010, 5:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I made it to the gym this afternoon for a 30 minute express workout, plus a dabbling of weight machines and a few minutes in the massage chair.

I got back in time to watch the holes choke. :ymdevil: :D
Sounds like a win-win! :-BD
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 20th, 2010, 10:53 pm

At 10:50 pm EST the unemployed one and I are heading back from the gym. It was either go to the gym or scarf some more Christmas cookies, which turned out to be quite a success. 30 minutes on stationary bike. Now I am both tired and hungry.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 1st, 2011, 11:22 pm

It's time to move this thread back from Page 3. I can't believe I am the only member of CTN with a weight loss/exercise resolution. And since I've said this, I may as well say what my resolutions are. At least 30 minutes of exercise, at least 5 days a week (not counting dog walks). And thirty-five pounds down by next Christmas. (I usually make financial resolutions, which I usually manage to keep, but this year with the employment situation in flux, I'm not in a position to do anything specific.)

The diet actually starts on Monday, but the exercise started today. Thirty-five minutes on the treadmill. Walked 3 minutes, ran one.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 2nd, 2011, 9:29 am

lawgrad91 wrote:It's time to move this thread back from Page 3. I can't believe I am the only member of CTN with a weight loss/exercise resolution. And since I've said this, I may as well say what my resolutions are. At least 30 minutes of exercise, at least 5 days a week (not counting dog walks). And thirty-five pounds down by next Christmas. (I usually make financial resolutions, which I usually manage to keep, but this year with the employment situation in flux, I'm not in a position to do anything specific.)

The diet actually starts on Monday, but the exercise started today. Thirty-five minutes on the treadmill. Walked 3 minutes, ran one.
My knee has been bothering me, so I have taken it easy this week. Definitely starting back up today/tomorrow. Also think I'm going to join Weight Watchers. Need to do it today, since free sign-up ends today. Thirty-five lbs sounds like a good goal for me, too. Let's do it!

Did you get Gold's Gym Cardio Dance for Christmas?
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 2nd, 2011, 2:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:It's time to move this thread back from Page 3. I can't believe I am the only member of CTN with a weight loss/exercise resolution. And since I've said this, I may as well say what my resolutions are. At least 30 minutes of exercise, at least 5 days a week (not counting dog walks). And thirty-five pounds down by next Christmas. (I usually make financial resolutions, which I usually manage to keep, but this year with the employment situation in flux, I'm not in a position to do anything specific.)

Keep up the exercise program!!!! GOOD WORK GIRL!!!!

Who is unemployed? I have been un/underemployed for quit some time. And more and more friends of mine, are joining those ranks, sadly.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 2nd, 2011, 2:36 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:

Keep up the exercise program!!!! GOOD WORK GIRL!!!!

Who is unemployed? I have been un/underemployed for quit some time. And more and more friends of mine, are joining those ranks, sadly.
My husband lost his job a few weeks before Christmas. He sold cars at Modern Infiniti in WS (hint-if you want a car, stay the hell away from Modern). It took about a week for him to come to terms with it, but things have been much less stressful since it happened, so it's been a blessing. As long as my job stays intact, we'll be fine.
Iron Duke #1471997.