Vibes for College Apps!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes for College Apps!

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 2nd, 2010, 10:07 pm

Yawwwwn. What are stressed for? With your grades, test scores and recommendations and other qualifications? sheesh. You're lucky they don't come grab you out of high school right now and make you miss your senior prom to start school in January. :D :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » December 2nd, 2010, 10:09 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Yawwwwn. What are stressed for? With your grades, test scores and recommendations and other qualifications? sheesh. You're lucky they don't come grab you out of high school right now and make you miss your senior prom to start school in January. :D :9f:
Mmm.... if he were a big defensive lineman, that's exactly what would happen. :happy-bouncyblue:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 3rd, 2010, 2:28 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Yawwwwn. What are stressed for? With your grades, test scores and recommendations and other qualifications? sheesh. You're lucky they don't come grab you out of high school right now and make you miss your senior prom to start school in January. :D :9f:
True dat! :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » December 18th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Just got the email for my Duke interview! Very excited, although my interviewer and I are meeting this week! I expected it to be after the holidays but I'm still looking forward to it! A little nervous, though.

A side note: I'm a semifinalist for the Park Scholarship at State. I was selected as a semifinalist out of 1300 applications! I interview for the scholarship in January.

:duke:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 18th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Native wrote:Just got the email for my Duke interview! Very excited, although my interviewer and I are meeting this week! I expected it to be after the holidays but I'm still looking forward to it! A little nervous, though.

A side note: I'm a semifinalist for the Park Scholarship at State. I was selected as a semifinalist out of 1300 applications! I interview for the scholarship in January.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 18th, 2010, 1:54 pm

Native wrote:Just got the email for my Duke interview! Very excited, although my interviewer and I are meeting this week! I expected it to be after the holidays but I'm still looking forward to it! A little nervous, though.

Big time vibes for you, Native! Knock 'em dead! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 18th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Good luck on the interview. I know you will do fine. Also, good luck on the scholarship. What an honor to be a semifinalist. :happy-bouncyblue:
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » December 19th, 2010, 7:46 am

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Woohoo to all of it. I was an AB Duke scholar and my brother had a Park. He really liked the Park program and honestly it seemed in better shape than the AB program that I experienced (although I got to go to Duke, so there's that :D) Seems like you have some pretty awesome possibilities ahead!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 19th, 2010, 8:57 am

Congratulations!
Give 'em the 'WOWs' in that interview. :-BD
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Native

Post by Native » December 31st, 2010, 9:32 pm

Submitted! March 29th is D-Day. Wish me luck! :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 31st, 2010, 9:33 pm

Native wrote:Submitted! March 29th is D-Day. Wish me luck! :9f:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :duke: :9f: :duke: :9f: :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 31st, 2010, 10:09 pm

Luck washed...ugh, wished! :D :wizard:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 31st, 2010, 10:26 pm

I don't know which was the cause of more angst -- Native writing his essay or the OP writing his rec letter! But, they both made their deadlines.

That swoosh of warm air you felt roll in was their collective "Whew"! as Native clicked on SUBMIT.
Let the wringing of hands begin!

Thanks to all of you for your interest and support. :ymhug:

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 31st, 2010, 10:32 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
I don't know which was the cause of more angst -- Native writing his essay or the OP writing his rec letter! But, they both made their deadlines.

That swoosh of warm air you felt roll in was their collective "Whew"! as Native clicked on SUBMIT.

Love, Ima
I will keep sending vibes. Good job. :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 1st, 2011, 6:04 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

Love, Ima
Vibes for all parties - hope Native gets positive news soon! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 1st, 2011, 7:44 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:

Not that you really need them as you'll get in.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 2nd, 2011, 1:38 pm

The best to you in your decision process and receiving a scholorship!!!

I have worked in UGA office at Duke, so ask away.

There is a wealth of great information on this forum.

Dont stress over it... and enjoy your Senior year in High School.
Native

Post by Native » January 28th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Well, I was accepted into NC State's college of Engineering as an undecided engineering major. I was also recently named a finalist for the Park Scholarship — the only one selected from my high school. As a finalist, I already receive $10,000 ($2,500 a year) should I choose to enroll. The funny thing is that this application didn't even have my strongest letters — those from my AP teachers, my principal, and my grandfather. It had letters of recommendation from my Student Council faculty advisor and one of my Spanish teachers. In addition, depending on how fast the testing agencies sent them, I may have only applied with a 2150 SAT instead of a 35 ACT.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a BN Duke or some other merit scholarship. Should I be named a finalist for one of those, I'll hear sometime in late February and will be automatically accepted into Duke.

I hear back from Stanford on April 1st and Northwestern on April 15th. Northwestern only gives you two weeks to submit your deposit and notify of acceptance!

First semester grades? Straight A's, keeping my overall unweighted GPA at a 4.0 and increasing my weighted GPA to a 4.92. One more semester to go!

:9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 28th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Native wrote:Well, I was accepted into NC State's college of Engineering as an undecided engineering major. I was also recently named a finalist for the Park Scholarship — the only one selected from my high school. As a finalist, I already receive $10,000 ($2,500 a year) should I choose to enroll. The funny thing is that this application didn't even have my strongest letters — those from my AP teachers, my principal, and my grandfather. It had letters of recommendation from my Student Council faculty advisor and one of my Spanish teachers. In addition, depending on how fast the testing agencies sent them, I may have only applied with a 2150 SAT instead of a 35 ACT.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a BN Duke or some other merit scholarship. Should I be named a finalist for one of those, I'll hear sometime in late February and will be automatically accepted into Duke.

I hear back from Stanford on April 1st and Northwestern on April 15th. Northwestern only gives you two weeks to submit your deposit and notify of acceptance!

First semester grades? Straight A's, keeping my overall unweighted GPA at a 4.0 and increasing my weighted GPA to a 4.92. One more semester to go!

Congratulations, Native! Keeping up the vibes for good news from :duke:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 28th, 2011, 11:19 pm

Native wrote:Well, I was accepted into NC State's college of Engineering as an undecided engineering major. I was also recently named a finalist for the Park Scholarship — the only one selected from my high school. As a finalist, I already receive $10,000 ($2,500 a year) should I choose to enroll. The funny thing is that this application didn't even have my strongest letters — those from my AP teachers, my principal, and my grandfather. It had letters of recommendation from my Student Council faculty advisor and one of my Spanish teachers. In addition, depending on how fast the testing agencies sent them, I may have only applied with a 2150 SAT instead of a 35 ACT.

Woo Hoo! :happy-bouncyblue: You're "officially" going to be out of the house next fall! Now the question is where?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com