To the $#@% who hit us tonight:

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bluebeer
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: To the $#@% who hit us tonight:

Post by bluebeer » December 20th, 2010, 10:30 am

So sorry to hear about this but glad to hear that everyone is ok..hope they nab the jerk..
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » December 20th, 2010, 11:33 am

So glad that neither of you was injured including during the chase after the perp. You never know what's going on with people who drive/act like that. The Capt'n is right on target regarding the possibility of the car being stolen and/or the driven being incapacitated by chemical augmentation of some sort.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 20th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:So glad that neither of you was injured including during the chase after the perp. You never know what's going on with people who drive/act like that. The Capt'n is right on target regarding the possibility of the car being stolen and/or the driven being incapacitated by chemical augmentation of some sort.
In the varnish zone, lots of people hit and run. Usually it's because A) they're on something; B) they aren't in this country legally; C) they aren't licensed; or D) all of the above.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 20th, 2010, 8:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:So glad that neither of you was injured including during the chase after the perp. You never know what's going on with people who drive/act like that. The Capt'n is right on target regarding the possibility of the car being stolen and/or the driven being incapacitated by chemical augmentation of some sort.
In the varnish zone, lots of people hit and run. Usually it's because A) they're on something; B) they aren't in this country legally; C) they aren't licensed; or D) all of the above.
The lovely prosecutor is more 'on target' than I. She sees more of it.
I once saw, and followed at some distance back, a dude going north on I85 that I couldn't figure whether he was drunk or sleepy. All over, from one side of the road to the other, a distance of about 12 miles at 3am one Saturday morning. When we got up to where the road widens, in front of the old Bill's truck stop, he suddenly veered to the right and side-swiped the guard rail and was hugging it for at least 100 yards. Then he popped out to one of the center lanes and straight as an arrow, he sped off out of sight.
Answer: He had to be drunk. If he were asleep, he would have stopped to check the damage.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 22nd, 2010, 6:27 pm

captmojo wrote:If it's true that things come in threes...everybody needs to be careful now!
1) Ima
2) DD

:twitch:
:-
L-)
#3) ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First Mate goes to Wally World late this afternoon and while she's inside the store, ASSHOLE knocks the driver's side mirror cover into several small pieces. ASSHOLE (don't know their name but they won't mind if I call them ASSHOLE) places the detatched pieces on the hood of the car and without a note, leaves the scene. What a pal! ~X(

Bet they have a tarhole sticker someplace on the shiite they were driving. :doh:

Next move, I guess, is call store manager to see if a security video is available. Maybe Sis, the town manager can assist in making that happen. :Police:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 22nd, 2010, 6:42 pm

captmojo wrote:
captmojo wrote:If it's true that things come in threes...everybody needs to be careful now!
1) Ima
2) DD

L-)
First Mate goes to Wally World late this afternoon and while she's inside the store, ASSHOLE knocks the driver's side mirror cover into several small pieces. ASSHOLE (don't know their name but they won't mind if I call them ASSHOLE) places the detatched pieces on the hood of the car and without a note, leaves the scene. What a pal! ~X(

Bet they have a tarhole sticker someplace on the shiite they were driving. :doh:

Next move, I guess, is call store manager to see if a security video is available. Maybe Sis, the town manager can assist in making that happen. :Police:
Sending pointy-toed shin kicks and stiletto-heel toe stomps to ASSHOLE.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 22nd, 2010, 6:45 pm

captmojo wrote:
1) Ima
2) DD

L-)

CRAP!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 22nd, 2010, 6:47 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CRAP!
And many other choice words.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 22nd, 2010, 7:36 pm

captmojo wrote:
1) Ima
2) DD

L-)

And my wife wonders why I refer to these assholes as assholes. ~X(

Sorry to read you are #3.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 22nd, 2010, 10:08 pm

captmojo wrote:
1) Ima
2) DD

L-)

Capt, most of the Walmarts now have great surveillance systems, both inside and outside. Have the First Mate pinpoint as much as possible the time she was there and where she was parked, and call the manager. Was this Mayodan, by any chance? Or Eden?
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 22nd, 2010, 10:38 pm

Silver lining: our insurance folks are sending us a check today for the repair costs minus our collision deductible. Still sucks but the police report faulted Mr. or Mrs. Asshole for the hit and run and we get no "points" on our policy, unless some other POS runs into us and then they'll call it a "trend" on our part. Guess they'll call us shit magnets then.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 22nd, 2010, 10:43 pm

devildeac wrote:unless some other POS runs into us and then they'll call it a "trend" on our part. Guess they'll call us shit magnets then.
That sucks! It's not like you can control someone else's actions.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 22nd, 2010, 11:01 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
devildeac wrote:unless some other POS runs into us and then they'll call it a "trend" on our part. Guess they'll call us shit magnets then.
That sucks! It's not like you can control someone else's actions.
And Joy asked what we'd do if they "rated" our policy and I replied, "find another insurance company for our house and multiple cars."
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 22nd, 2010, 11:08 pm

Like everything else in life, there are a few bad apples that spoil the whole barrel.

Not so much in the varnish zone, but in the western part of VA, people pay for their singlewides and their beer by staging wrecks with their friends and living off the insurance proceeds. That's why those with legitimate claims have to jump through hoops and barrels to get things taken care of, especially if it happens more than once. No good reason why John Boy Redneck's actions should affect Dr. DD, but try telling that to an insurance company.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 23rd, 2010, 6:17 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Capt, most of the Walmarts now have great surveillance systems, both inside and outside. Have the First Mate pinpoint as much as possible the time she was there and where she was parked, and call the manager. Was this Mayodan, by any chance? Or Eden?
Mayodan. We confirmed these other questions last night before I collapsed into the bed.
Got their phone # and I plan on calling the mngr today. Thanks.

This car is all mine. (and the govt) I don't carry collision ins for it. I trust myself in driving. I do maintain comprehensive coverage and recommend it to everyone. A great value. My windsheild was replaced last spring at no cost. I supposed this can also be claimed if a perp cannot be located. :?:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 23rd, 2010, 7:45 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Like everything else in life, there are a few bad apples that spoil the whole barrel.

Not so much in the varnish zone, but in the western part of VA, people pay for their singlewides and their beer by staging wrecks with their friends and living off the insurance proceeds. That's why those with legitimate claims have to jump through hoops and barrels to get things taken care of, especially if it happens more than once. No good reason why John Boy Redneck's actions should affect Dr. DD, but try telling that to an insurance company.
Wow, never woulda thought of that. Good insight/knowledge to learn. Thanks.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 24th, 2010, 9:22 pm

captmojo wrote:
1) Ima
2) DD

L-)

Sorry to hear your car was the third. Sending this to the jerk. :obscene-tolietclaw: