Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Sue71 » June 4th, 2009, 11:59 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:I'm planning on riding my bike to work tomorrow - 14 miles.

I figure if I write it here, then I'll be more likely to remember, when I wake up tomorrow morning, that I told someone else my plan to ride my bike to work, and thus not bail out on it.

I used to ride to work every single day in DC, for about 2 years. But that was only 3 miles. There was an all-out sprint down M street in Georgetown for a stretch, but still, it was overall much shorter. With fewer hills.

And it's supposed to hit 90 here tomorrow. We've been having AWESOME weather for the past two weeks. I'm almost wishing for a grey day again. (Did I just say that?!)
Okay, I slept late this morning, so didn't have time to bike in. So, I threw my bike in my car, drove to work, and rode home tonight. I forgot how much I enjoy a good bike ride (though I'm substantially less in shape than I used to be for it... which is why I'm taking it back up.)

Now the question is, will I be up for the ride back in the AM, or do I need to catch a bus? :)
How far is the ride?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 5th, 2009, 12:02 am

Sue71 wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:I'm planning on riding my bike to work tomorrow - 14 miles.

I figure if I write it here, then I'll be more likely to remember, when I wake up tomorrow morning, that I told someone else my plan to ride my bike to work, and thus not bail out on it.

I used to ride to work every single day in DC, for about 2 years. But that was only 3 miles. There was an all-out sprint down M street in Georgetown for a stretch, but still, it was overall much shorter. With fewer hills.

And it's supposed to hit 90 here tomorrow. We've been having AWESOME weather for the past two weeks. I'm almost wishing for a grey day again. (Did I just say that?!)
Okay, I slept late this morning, so didn't have time to bike in. So, I threw my bike in my car, drove to work, and rode home tonight. I forgot how much I enjoy a good bike ride (though I'm substantially less in shape than I used to be for it... which is why I'm taking it back up.)

Now the question is, will I be up for the ride back in the AM, or do I need to catch a bus? :)
How far is the ride?
See above!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » June 5th, 2009, 12:05 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Sue71 wrote: How far is the ride?
See above!
I'm multitasking. SYTYCD is on. I was distracted. 8-|
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 5th, 2009, 9:20 am

I may have broken my toe last night. I'll probably lose my other big toe nail. :(( At least they'll match. I definitely jammed it bad enough that I'll be in pain for the next five weeks or so. I had to take my car to my parents late last night, and my battery was dead. I jumped it with the mini-van, then pulled it back. The battery was SO dead that when I turned on the headlights, the engine died again. So, I got out to move the minivan out into the driveway to jumpstart it again, and my shoes were wet cause it was raining so hard. When I stepped on the floor of my garage, my right foot slid right out from under me. My left knee buckled and my left big toe SLAMMED into the flood lip of the garage floor right as I came down on it with all my weight in a very awkward approximation of the hurdler stretch. My nail has turned bright purple, and the whole toe is swelling up. I took five motrin about an hour ago, but with my liver, it's already worn off. Man, it hurts like a you-know-what. I've got it wrapped in an ace bandage to try to protect and compress it, but it's not helping too much. I'll live, but walking is NO fun right now. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 5th, 2009, 9:23 am

bjornolf wrote:I may have broken my toe last night. I'll probably lose my other big toe nail. :(( At least they'll match. I definitely jammed it bad enough that I'll be in pain for the next five weeks or so. I had to take my car to my parents late last night, and my battery was dead. I jumped it with the mini-van, then pulled it back. The battery was SO dead that when I turned on the headlights, the engine died again. So, I got out to move the minivan out into the driveway to jumpstart it again, and my shoes were wet cause it was raining so hard. When I stepped on the floor of my garage, my right foot slid right out from under me. My left knee buckled and my left big toe SLAMMED into the flood lip of the garage floor right as I came down on it with all my weight in a very awkward approximation of the hurdler stretch. My nail has turned bright purple, and the whole toe is swelling up. I took five motrin about an hour ago, but with my liver, it's already worn off. Man, it hurts like a you-know-what. I've got it wrapped in an ace bandage to try to protect and compress it, but it's not helping too much. I'll live, but walking is NO fun right now. ;)

%%-
Wow! It must be broken for you to notice the pain. Sending healing vibes to NoVa for bjornolf.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 5th, 2009, 9:24 am

bjornolf wrote:I may have broken my toe last night. I'll probably lose my other big toe nail. :(( At least they'll match. I definitely jammed it bad enough that I'll be in pain for the next five weeks or so. I had to take my car to my parents late last night, and my battery was dead. I jumped it with the mini-van, then pulled it back. The battery was SO dead that when I turned on the headlights, the engine died again. So, I got out to move the minivan out into the driveway to jumpstart it again, and my shoes were wet cause it was raining so hard. When I stepped on the floor of my garage, my right foot slid right out from under me. My left knee buckled and my left big toe SLAMMED into the flood lip of the garage floor right as I came down on it with all my weight in a very awkward approximation of the hurdler stretch. My nail has turned bright purple, and the whole toe is swelling up. I took five motrin about an hour ago, but with my liver, it's already worn off. Man, it hurts like a you-know-what. I've got it wrapped in an ace bandage to try to protect and compress it, but it's not helping too much. I'll live, but walking is NO fun right now. ;)

%%-
I'm sorry - I hate injuries that make it hard/painful to walk. I hope the pain disappears quickly.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 5th, 2009, 9:35 am

Bragging Aunt Alert - Don't read if you don't want to hear about my talented nephew.

:ymparty: :ymparty: \:D/ \:D/ :-bd :-bd

Nephew Sam, who is finishing his sophomore year of high school, tried out for the community theater production of High School Musical II. He has been cast in the role of Jack Scott.

I haven't seen HSM II, so I'm assuming this is one of the main male characters - but not the lead.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 5th, 2009, 9:41 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Bragging Aunt Alert - Don't read if you don't want to hear about my talented nephew.

Nephew Sam, who is finishing his sophomore year of high school, tried out for the community theater production of High School Musical II. He has been cast in the role of Jack Scott.

I haven't seen HSM II, so I'm assuming this is one of the main male characters - but not the lead.
Congratulations, Sam!!!!

I have no knowledge whatsoever about HSM I, II, or III.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 5th, 2009, 10:07 am

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Bragging Aunt Alert - Don't read if you don't want to hear about my talented nephew.

Congratulations, Sam!!!!

I have no knowledge whatsoever about HSM I, II, or III.
I have now done some checking - Jack Scott is the zany "Voice of East High School" - the PA announcer and somewhat of a narrator for the stage version. This character wasn't in the movie, apparently.
Life is good!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » June 5th, 2009, 10:57 am

%%-
OUCH!! :(

Sorry, man. If you want to try and relieve the pressure under your toenail (lessens the pain, but you'll def'nly lose the nail), PM me and I'll tell you how. It involves a pin, fire, and some self-drilling.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 5th, 2009, 11:33 am

%%-
OUCH!!!

:(( :(( :(( :(( :((
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 5th, 2009, 1:47 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:

%%-
OUCH!! :(

Sorry, man. If you want to try and relieve the pressure under your toenail (lessens the pain, but you'll def'nly lose the nail), PM me and I'll tell you how. It involves a pin, fire, and some self-drilling.
Double OUCH!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » June 5th, 2009, 1:55 pm

I, for one, am gratuitously padding my post count.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » June 5th, 2009, 2:20 pm

I just really don't feel like doing SHIT now.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » June 5th, 2009, 2:21 pm

And, I am lonely.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 5th, 2009, 2:33 pm

DevilAlumna wrote: Sorry, man. If you want to try and relieve the pressure under your toenail (lessens the pain, but you'll def'nly lose the nail), PM me and I'll tell you how. It involves a pin, fire, and some self-drilling.
I've done that. Well, I had somebody else do it to me because I was chickenshit, but it felt sooooo good after.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » June 5th, 2009, 2:42 pm

%%-
Oh man, that really, really sucks. Hope you have the quickest recovery in history. Hang in there.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » June 5th, 2009, 4:11 pm

Anyone ever notice how "Austria" kind of sounds like "Ostrich?"
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » June 5th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Shamm, I"ll try to keep you company for a few minutes.

I thought Austria sounded like Australia.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 5th, 2009, 4:26 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
I have resorted to this ....owie owie owie...I'm cringing just thinking about!!! Icky Icky Bad
%-( :(( %-( :(( %-( :(( %-( :(( %-( :((

It really does help the pain though...removes the pressure and it feels much better but you need a strong stomach. :mrgreen:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.