Spring/practice Brunchgate

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Spring/practice Brunchgate

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Just posted on The Stadium board but who's going to read that :roll: .

Anyone interested in meeting/eating/quaffing for an hour or so before the spring game next Saturday? We have theatre tix at 2 PM and I'd love to have a bagel/biscuit/brew at noon or so and then return to Raleigh to meet my beloved for our show.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Spring/practice Brunchgate

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2009, 7:36 pm

devildeac wrote:Just posted on The Stadium board but who's going to read that :roll: .

Anyone interested in meeting/eating/quaffing for an hour or so before the spring game next Saturday? We have theatre tix at 2 PM and I'd love to have a bagel/biscuit/brew at noon or so and then return to Raleigh to meet my beloved for our show.
Hey DD - I read it! I'm sure Cathy will see post and reply accordingly, I have to defer to my partner on this one, because I'm not totally aware of the full agenda she has planned and is in involved with, but hopefully we'll get a chance to gather!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 7:42 pm

devildeac wrote:Just posted on The Stadium board but who's going to read that :roll: .

Thanks much DD for bringing important matters to the forefront. I'll be there early, and am game for something before the game. Obviously it won't be a full brunchgate, but it will be nice to see everyone who can make it again. I like the bagels idea, if we organize we can get them to the lot or somewhere in proximity. Cathy, I know you have your reunion going on then, do they like bagels as much as beer? Can you peel Ozzie away from the keg he is attached to? (If it's bud light, you will need some extra help ;) )
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 7:45 pm

Oh yeah, I'm gonna be there early anyways because I want to do some picture taking in Duke Gardens. If anybody is up for joining me around the gardens please do, I haven't seen them in spring bloom in a long time.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 7:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Thanks much DD for bringing important matters to the forefront. I'll be there early, and am game for something before the game. Obviously it won't be a full brunchgate, but it will be nice to see everyone who can make it again. I like the bagels idea, if we organize we can get them to the lot or somewhere in proximity. Cathy, I know you have your reunion going on then, do they like bagels as much as beer? Can you peel Ozzie away from the keg he is attached to? (If it's bud light, you will need some extra help ;) )
It's not Ozzie's reunion year but he still may be attached to a keg somewhere on campus :lol:.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 11th, 2009, 7:52 pm

cl15876 wrote:

Hey DD - I read it! I'm sure Cathy will see post and reply accordingly, I have to defer to my partner on this one, because I'm not totally aware of the full agenda she has planned and is in involved with, but hopefully we'll get a chance to gather!
From 12:30 to 2:00 on Saturday, we're ticketed at the Class of '84 luncheon at our tent on Perkins quad. The spring football game is from 1:00 to 2:30. At 2:30, we're signed up to see Robert Redford in Page. From 3:30 to 5:00 we're in K'ville for the Aycock and AOPi gatherings. At 7:00 we are ticketed for the Big Tent party.

Hmm. . . what to do, what to do? Meet prior to our expensive lunch? I think that might work. We can meet you before our lunch and chug-a-lug a few. . . The Gardens sounds like a good place to meet. Then we could just run right up the hill to our luncheon.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 7:52 pm

devildeac wrote: It's not Ozzie's reunion year but he still may be attached to a keg somewhere on campus :lol:.
He said he would be. I think he has a nose for beer. Or an ear for the "psssssssssssssst" of a co2 release. That covers the smell and hearing senses. We are still working on the taste buds.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 8:05 pm

devildeac wrote: It's not Ozzie's reunion year but he still may be attached to a keg somewhere on campus :lol:.
He said he would be. I think he has a nose for beer. Or an ear for the "psssssssssssssst" of a co2 release. That covers the smell and hearing senses. We are still working on the taste buds.
He also has the large reservoir required for storage of massive quanitites of malted, fermented beverages prior to their processing and subsequent release. :lol: :oops:

Taste buds-LMAO!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 8:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Or an ear for the "psssssssssssssst" of a co2 release.

I love that sound. I just returned from the beer store and have heard that particular sound three times in the last 20 minutes. I am usually a rye drinker and only drink beer occasionally (usually while in Britain) but, since these beers were free (I love having a Dad who is a Molsons retiree!), I figured I'd drink beer tonight.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 11th, 2009, 9:01 pm

devildeac wrote:
He also has the large reservoir required for storage of massive quantites of malted, fermented beverages prior to their processing and subsequent release. :lol: :oops:

Taste buds-LMAO!
To whom do I complain that I am taking too much abuse on this board? BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol:

I actually have a softball practice here is Smithfield starting at 10 and I told them I'd be there for about 30 minutes before heading up to Derm. Just enough time to take batting practice and pitch to a couple of other batters. It is nice to have some "spring training" before our first game the following week. So I'll get there about 11:45 and search for the beer tent that Cathy has mentioned, or, search for our Brunchgate with bagels and brewski's :) , which sounds very very good to me!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 9:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:To whom do I complain that I am taking too much abuse on this board? BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol:
Hold all your complaints to yourself, then when you get "modded", take out all your aggression on anyone you deem unfit. Woe unto the non Bud Light drinkers.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Spring Brunchgate

Post by devildeac » April 13th, 2009, 11:12 am

Time for some serious planning now. Here are the line items:

Who:
Where:
When:
Solid comestibles:
Quaffable liquids:
Paper products and utensils:

Did I leave out anything?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Spring Brunchgate

Post by devildeac » April 13th, 2009, 11:21 am

devildeac wrote:Time for some serious planning now. Here are the line items:

Who:
Where:
When:
Solid comestibles:
Quaffable liquids:
Paper products and utensils:

Did I leave out anything?
Oops. Apology issued. I did not scroll down the page far enough to see I had duplicated a thread. OK by me to merge or, heaven forbid, delete this one.
:oops: :oops:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 13th, 2009, 11:23 am

I'll be there. Don't know where we can park for this brunchgate, but am too concerned, we'll find a place.

I'll bring bagels, Bruegers okay?
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 13th, 2009, 11:33 am

TillyGalore wrote:I'll be there. Don't know where we can park for this brunchgate, but am too concerned, we'll find a place.

I'll bring bagels, Bruegers okay?
Good start. I'll bring a few brews-mostly to trade with CB&B and any others who are interested. It'll be brlunch (sic) for me from about 1130-1 as we have theater tix for a 2 PM show in Raleigh and I'd like to make it back awake, sober and without any encounters with the Derm or Wake County constables or NCSHP.

Once the list gets a bit better defined, I'll post on the DBR so we can be sure folks like Jarhead, BuschDevil, Allen Murray, The Gordog, DPSlaw and other past attendees know our whereabouts and scheduled debaucheries. New hop, donut and sammich worshippers would be welcomed, too. :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 13th, 2009, 12:10 pm

I'll bring orange juice, champagne and cups.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 13th, 2009, 1:08 pm

DitBD replied to my post on the DBR OTB that she plans to be at the Spring Game on Saturday. Let's make sure she gets an invite to our Spring/practice Brunchgate.

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 13th, 2009, 1:36 pm

CathyCA wrote:DitBD replied to my post on the DBR OTB that she plans to be at the Spring Game on Saturday. Let's make sure she gets an invite to our Spring/practice Brunchgate.
I will either PM her or put up a general invite on the OTB as a new thread in the next day or two for the Spring Game/Brunchgate. We need a meeting time and place as I put up earlier today in my post above Tilly's, IIRC.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 13th, 2009, 2:06 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:DitBD replied to my post on the DBR OTB that she plans to be at the Spring Game on Saturday. Let's make sure she gets an invite to our Spring/practice Brunchgate.
I will either PM her or put up a general invite on the OTB as a new thread in the next day or two for the Spring Game/Brunchgate. We need a meeting time and place as I put up earlier today in my post above Tilly's, IIRC.
I sent her a PM through the OTB, but I had no details for her. I just told her to watch this space as our plans unfold.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2009, 3:24 pm

I will be there with homebrews.