Tix on sale for St. Louis

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Tix on sale for St. Louis

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 9th, 2010, 2:00 pm

https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome ... S_ID=63824

Now on sale to public. $60 for general admission.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Tix on sale for St. Louis

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Thanks for posting this, CB&B. :duke: :duke:

I bought us two tix for Saturday. Do the CTN'ers get together and eat anywhere before or after?
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2010, 3:57 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thanks for posting this, CB&B. :duke: :duke:

I bought us two tix for Saturday. Do the CTN'ers get together and eat anywhere before or after?
Oh, yeah, and I deleted my text re parking for Saturday because I didn't think it was in the cards. Does anyone have the parking info and could send it to me? Or PM me and I'll give you my cell number to forward the text to me?

Thanks. :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2010, 4:53 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Thanks for posting this, CB&B. :duke: :duke:

Oh, yeah, and I deleted my text re parking for Saturday because I didn't think it was in the cards. Does anyone have the parking info and could send it to me? Or PM me and I'll give you my cell number to forward the text to me?

Thanks. :happy-bouncyblue:
Note that Hwy 751 will be CLOSED for repaving on Saturday, creating one helluva traffic jam for folks used to getting to Cameron that way, which is most folks. But please stay the heck off of Morreene Rd., Campus Walk Ave., and the other roads I use to park in the Chem lot!
Fans attending Saturday's home men’s basketball game vs. St. Louis are encouraged to allow extra travel time or consider an alternative to taking NC 751/Cameron Blvd to get to the stadium. Information in regards to the paving which will occur on Saturday on NC 751/Cameron Blvd is linked below.

http://parking.duke.edu/news/items/2010 ... paving.php

Suggested alternate routes are listed below:

15-501 to Morreene Road to Towerview Drive

NC 147 or I-85 to Hillsborough Rd/Fulton Street to Erwin Road to Towerview Drive

GO DUKE!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Before, we've always gone Morreene Road to Towerview so I can remark on how different the law school looks than when I was there, and how the Terry Sanford Center was a parking lot and a basketball court hidden among the trees. :duke: :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
fordgrl00
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by fordgrl00 » December 9th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Me and Tina will be at the game also! :) I am excited!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: We are open to meeting with anyone after the game, not really a whole lot of time before the game. A late lunch/early dinner sounds good. I was wondering about maybe going to the place we ate at before the Duke-UNC game in March. Cant remember the name of it, I wanna say Charlies?? It was a Duke bar-grill type place.

Ozzie, if hwy 751 is closed, isnt that the road that goes through Duke forest? I am picking up Tina before the game. She is staying at the Washington-Duke. I have always used Morreene Rd and parked in the deck at the Bryan Center. So not really sure what to do.

Any help is appreciated! :ymhug:

:duke:
~Shelly
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 9th, 2010, 9:27 pm

Stupid freaking family reunion. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 9th, 2010, 9:38 pm

I would like to meet after the game. Before the game is too early for me. DukePA probably remembers the name of the place we went to before the Duke-unc game. Thats fine with me but I'm open to other places. :9f:
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » December 9th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Glad they're selling them. Sucked to see all the empty seats in the ends of the bleachers last night.
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2010, 10:13 pm

fordgrl00 wrote:Me and Tina will be at the game also! :) I am excited!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: We are open to meeting with anyone after the game, not really a whole lot of time before the game. A late lunch/early dinner sounds good. I was wondering about maybe going to the place we ate at before the Duke-UNC game in March. Cant remember the name of it, I wanna say Charlies?? It was a Duke bar-grill type place.

Ozzie, if hwy 751 is closed, isnt that the road that goes through Duke forest? I am picking up Tina before the game. She is staying at the Washington-Duke. I have always used Morreene Rd and parked in the deck at the Bryan Center. So not really sure what to do.

If they have 751 shut completely in front of the Washy Duke, I have no idea how one would get to the hotel from the outside world. She can walk from the hotel to Cameron and meet you inside or outside, depending on who has the tickets. :D

You need to come in from Morreene Road. I will be at the Millennium at 11:15 to meet someone else. If you want, you can ride in from there with me and DD and save the parking fee. After the game I'll drop you back at your car for whatever plans you make. Not sure if we'll join you or not (probably not).

fordgrl00

Post by fordgrl00 » December 9th, 2010, 10:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
fordgrl00 wrote:Me and Tina will be at the game also! :) I am excited!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: We are open to meeting with anyone after the game, not really a whole lot of time before the game. A late lunch/early dinner sounds good. I was wondering about maybe going to the place we ate at before the Duke-UNC game in March. Cant remember the name of it, I wanna say Charlies?? It was a Duke bar-grill type place.

If they have 751 shut completely in front of the Washy Duke, I have no idea how one would get to the hotel from the outside world. She can walk from the hotel to Cameron and meet you inside or outside, depending on who has the tickets. :D

You need to come in from Morreene Road. I will be at the Millennium at 11:15 to meet someone else. If you want, you can ride in from there with me and DD and save the parking fee. After the game I'll drop you back at your car for whatever plans you make. Not sure if we'll join you or not (probably not).

Oz, that might work. Let me get with Tina tomorrow once she gets to NC after she has a chance to venture around and see if that is doable. You will have to tell me where the Millennium is, I dont know much about Durham other then how to get to campus and back home. I'm stll not hearing the greatest so I will email you tomorrow night. I was planning on leaving G'boro between 9:30-10:00AM to give me plenty of time.

VDB- I was hoping you would be able to join us! :) :ymhug:

Lawgrad- you in??

Where would be the best place for us to meet after the game??
~Shelly
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 9th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Fordgirl, because your meeting a guest at the hotel, I see no reason why you couldn't park there & the 2 of you walk to CIS. That would be as close or closer then the lot you could park in and would save the 10.00 parking fee. The best place to met after the game would probably be where we go to eat. The place we went to on 9th St. is fine with me. It's easy to get too.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Fordgirl, because your meeting a guest at the hotel, I see no reason why you couldn't park there & the 2 of you walk to CIS. That would be as close or closer then the lot you could park in and would save the 10.00 parking fee. The best place to met after the game would probably be where we go to eat. The place we went to on 9th St. is fine with me. It's easy to get too.
With 751 closed, you will NOT be able to get to the hotel to park there. And I don't think they let unregistered guests park there during games anyway - too many people would do that.

To find the Millennium, take 85 to the 147 exit, take first exit - the 15-501 South exit, Morreene Road is the first exit before you even get on 15-501. Turn left at the top of the ramp at the light, you'll see the Millennium in front of you. Turn left at the next light - Campus Walk Avenue, left into the Millennium parking lot.

Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » December 10th, 2010, 12:41 am

We will also be at the St. Louis game, but not yet sure of our plans for after the game.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 10th, 2010, 7:31 am

Cheermom wrote:We will also be at the St. Louis game, but not yet sure of our plans for after the game.
Would love to have you meet us after the game. :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 10th, 2010, 12:19 pm

If y'all do meet up, take pictures and send them to me so I can post them on our FB page. :D :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 11th, 2010, 8:33 am

Last night, all four lanes were open on 751. I think that will be the case today because the paving has been canceled for today because of the weather. :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 11th, 2010, 8:36 am

VDB- I was hoping you would be able to join us! :) :ymhug:

Lawgrad- you in??

Where would be the best place for us to meet after the game??[/quote]

fordgrl00, I sent you a pm. :9f:
fordgrl00

Post by fordgrl00 » December 11th, 2010, 9:05 am

Got it... :) I just sent you a reply... This will prob be the last time I am on my laptop before I leave...fixing to get ready now ...

Hope to see everyone at the game!!! I'm so excited!

:9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue:
~Shelly
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 11th, 2010, 2:41 pm

I forgot when I asked about everyone getting together that we already had dinner reservations early back in Greensboro. X(

Sorry! But at least I got to say hi to Fordgrl and Dr. Tina.
Iron Duke #1471997.